Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Who is the face of the Oilers franchise?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PainTrain Posted - 03/18/2007 : 19:55:44
Who do you think is the face of the oilers franchise after Ryan Smyth left?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Oilfanatic Posted - 12/23/2007 : 07:31:05
Edmonton is in the middle of a youth movement and I think it will take some time to define themselves. The is no genuine number on talent on the club at this point. Perhaps Cogliano or Gagner in the future but its gonna take some time before the busted face of Ryan Smyth and his style of play are disassociated from the franchise.
Ottawa Oilers Posted - 12/11/2007 : 17:26:00
I say the young-guns
Gagner, Cogliano, Nilsson and Hemsky.
PainTrain Posted - 03/26/2007 : 20:52:17
Raffie is so inconsistant tho, and his hits are dangerous because his stick is up but hey its your opinion
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/24/2007 : 20:18:06
I voted Raffi Torres

Winners never Quit and Quitters never win
Kashmire Posted - 03/24/2007 : 17:03:41
Jason Smith isn't included in this poll..... That's the franchise face to me. This is mainly because he is captain. The "face" of a team should have leadership qualities imo. No current Oiler other than Smith can actually be a "face" of the Oilers to me.
oil fan97 Posted - 03/24/2007 : 16:58:12
Nobody can replace Ryan Smyth but i think stoll is the face of the francise
Guest6916 Posted - 03/19/2007 : 14:00:34
It's joey, their stick boy. he's been there longer than any of them. I hear he is a better player too. haha!
Canucks Man Posted - 03/19/2007 : 13:25:03
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4028

I voted other because to me, Ryan Smyth is STILL the face of the Edmonton Oilers. When I think of the Oilers, I still think of Ryan Smyth. Without Smyth in the lineup, they have no heart, and no single man that represents them as a team.

I do strongly believe that we will see Smyth back in Edmonton for next season. We all know that Smyth still thinks of himself as an Oiler, and Edmonton will be looking at the numbers. They were less than $500,000/year away from signing him to a multi-year contract. Without him in the lineup...the team has a pretty ugly 0 in the win column. They finally got one to overtime only to lose it there in their last game. That totals 10 straight losses since trade deadline day.

I say if they don't go back and get him, fans are going to become a bit suspect of their hockey team.

Dont you think them being 500k away is a little suspect?? If KLowe and Smyth really wanted to get a deal that they would have??

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Guest4028 Posted - 03/19/2007 : 13:01:32
I voted other because to me, Ryan Smyth is STILL the face of the Edmonton Oilers. When I think of the Oilers, I still think of Ryan Smyth. Without Smyth in the lineup, they have no heart, and no single man that represents them as a team.

I do strongly believe that we will see Smyth back in Edmonton for next season. We all know that Smyth still thinks of himself as an Oiler, and Edmonton will be looking at the numbers. They were less than $500,000/year away from signing him to a multi-year contract. Without him in the lineup...the team has a pretty ugly 0 in the win column. They finally got one to overtime only to lose it there in their last game. That totals 10 straight losses since trade deadline day.

I say if they don't go back and get him, fans are going to become a bit suspect of their hockey team.
jbraiter Posted - 03/19/2007 : 12:53:10
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

I voted Other because to me, they don't have a "face" to their franchise. Maybe in a few years, but for now, when I think of "Edmonton Oilers", no particular player comes to mind.

I completley agree with that.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

i agree with canucksman and babs , Smyth was their franchise
wyntyre Posted - 03/19/2007 : 11:31:54
Any body with a bag over their head....hahahaha

Can't go...The Roads Are Dirty
Canucks Man Posted - 03/19/2007 : 11:06:59
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

I voted Other because to me, they don't have a "face" to their franchise. Maybe in a few years, but for now, when I think of "Edmonton Oilers", no particular player comes to mind.

I completley agree with that.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
bablaboushka Posted - 03/19/2007 : 11:04:00
Saku Steen Posted - 03/19/2007 : 03:59:45
Ales Hemsky because hes so good at offence.
PainTrain Posted - 03/18/2007 : 19:57:21
I think Stoll he is good offensively, deffencively,kills penaltys, works on powerplay and he plays a gritty game and is a sound leader he is in my books the face of the franchise.

Can't wait ti'll he gets back from the injury.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page