Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Is anyone going to deal with Lowe now?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PainTrain Posted - 07/27/2007 : 16:09:03
http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=7008029738

Now Lowe offers Penner, and Anaheim will probably give him to Edmonton but is Lowe trying to piss off every GM?

First he offers Vanek a insane amount of money, and if Buffalo was smart they would have said good bye Thomas and take 4 first round draft picks from Edmonton and then add Buffalo's other 4 first round picks they get, they would have 8 first round draft picks in the next 4 years. If Buffalo would have took that, the Oilers franchise could have gone down hill without getting any first round picks.

What do you guy's think? Will people still deal with him ?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
OILINONTARIO Posted - 07/28/2007 : 13:41:23
I certainly hope that KLo hasn't burned any bridges, but Beans is right. It was a business decision, and we will probably see a lot more of this in the near future. The offer sheets tendered for Vanek and Penner were not ridiculous or vindictive in the way that Bobby Clarke's offer sheet to Ryan Kesler was. These are two high- quality players that Lowe actually wants on his team. If Burke wants to be P.O.'d, he should look at himself instead of taking his frustrations out on Kevin.
Kashmire Posted - 07/27/2007 : 17:02:02
Welcome to oil country Dustin!

I've taken the time to analyse the Oilers roster and they are missing some things. They have a sturdy defense with the additions of Pitkanen and Souray. They also will pay off well on the PP. Penner is a guy they would want. He could be key for the offense. Edmonton need a big power forward if not Penner then someone else. They have some really smart guys on their forward lines but it lacks abit more depth. I wouldn't rely on Roloson either. They could take a chance on offering Toronto a deal for raycroft hoping his form will come back to him but It's risky. The Oil do need one more player for sure though. They need the extra firepower on their PP. They could try O'neil if he doesnt retire. He would probably like that division more. No great lakes.
Beans15 Posted - 07/27/2007 : 16:39:45
Adding to this, the Oilers have 13-1st round draft picks on their team or in their system since 2003. They have a ton of developing depth on the farm. They can afford to drop a few picks in the upcoming years.

I think that is another reason that other GM's are not doing the same thing Lowe is. Are there any other teams with that kinds of developing talent in their system??

Lowe is playing the game dead right!

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Beans15 Posted - 07/27/2007 : 16:31:40
He's playing inside the rules. Some think it's dirty, but it the way it is. If GM's in the league signed these guys to extensions during the season Lowe can't go after them. The Vanek one might be viewed as dirty as Buffalo said up front they would match any offer. And it wasn't that crazy of an offer. He's a 40+ goal scorer who is not even in his prime. That's worth it's weight in gold in today's NHL.

The Penner move is a great hockey decision. The Ducks owe the Oilers a first round pick next year so it's basically a trade, Penner for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Plus, the money the Oilers offered, if matched, will put the Ducks at or over the cap. Lowe really forced the hand. Awesome hockey decision.

And why wouldn't other GM's still deal with Lowe?? Firstly, they can do the same thing back to the Oilers. Secondly, IT"S BUSINESS. All GM's have the responsibility to put the best team they can on the ice. And thirdly, if there is an Oiler player that another team wants, make a trade offer. It's not like Lowe has been unreasonable in trades.

In the real world, outside of hockey, it happens all the time where someone will get offered more money to go to a different company. Why is it dirty in hockey??

I think it's great. I think more GM's should use the tactics that Lowe has this summer. If GM's were doing their job right in the first place and protecting the players they want to keep with contracts before they become RFA's, Lowe wouldn't have the chance. If GM's out there are pissed off, they have no one to blame but themselves!!!

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page