Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Smyth

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lyall Posted - 11/16/2006 : 23:33:08
I know most of you are gunna hate this thread, but....
How about Ryan Smyth? That guy doesn't miss a beat. After taking a hit that looked as if it could be season ending; he is right back in the action to score 2 goals. He is having an awsome start to his season. I know alot of you don't like him cause he's a pain in the ass to goalies & what not, you guys can't say you wouln't love to have him on your team.
32   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest5068 Posted - 01/04/2007 : 23:44:15
4 Points tonight I believe, not bad.
lyall Posted - 01/04/2007 : 22:45:20
Since his return he has 8 pionts (5 goals & 3 assists) in only 5 games.
Kashmire Posted - 12/28/2006 : 12:51:02
Was Guest 4912 talking to himself through the forum...weird posts. Smyth is a great player and leader. I hope this guy doesn't leave Edmonton and if he does I really hope he stays on a Canadian team(except Vancouver).
-oil-country- Posted - 12/28/2006 : 11:07:26
Smitty's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!woohoo
lyall Posted - 12/18/2006 : 13:34:58
quote:
Originally posted by oil guy

rumor out of the Edmonton Sun says Smyth could be back as early as the game against the Avalanche.

Monday's Edmonton Journal says that it may be another week or so.
Guest4912 Posted - 12/18/2006 : 08:42:56
Smyth is wicked
Guest4912 Posted - 12/18/2006 : 08:40:31
i agree with both of you
Guest4912 Posted - 12/18/2006 : 08:38:59
Symth is worth 5 million and he sure has earned it. I think hes the best hockey player in front of the net. theresno way on earth that they'll trade him, he's thye heart and soul of the team.
Guest4912 Posted - 12/18/2006 : 08:36:04
smyth is the heart and soul of edmonton i don't think there going to trade him. i'd say say smyth is one of the best or the best in front of the net. And i think smyth is worth 5 million dollars a yearbacuase he sure has earned it.

Go oil!
oil guy Posted - 12/18/2006 : 08:04:43
rumor out of the Edmonton Sun says Smyth could be back as early as the game against the Avalanche.
lyall Posted - 12/04/2006 : 21:46:36
Looks like they are playing pretty well without. Took a little too long, but they played well tonight. People like Torres, Lupul, Pisani & Horcoff all stepped up when they needed to. Roli also made up for his 2 poor starts, not that many great chances for the Canucks but he was there when he needed to be. I think they can keep it up.
bablaboushka Posted - 12/04/2006 : 19:16:51
They have no excuse to lose. San Jose won without Cheechoo and Michalek so Edmonton has absolutely no excuse, if they are a good team of course.
Guest8985 Posted - 12/04/2006 : 17:50:58
THAT SUCKS SMYTH AND HEMSKY ARE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burns Posted - 11/22/2006 : 10:13:48
Smyth may be looking to get paid, but I dont think that Lowe will let him get away, and I think Smyth would rather stay in E-town that leave, as he is very active in the community and so respected by Edmontonians and a person, not just a player.

The Oilers are secretly the best team in the NHL
pucker Posted - 11/22/2006 : 09:38:48
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Kayden 66

Sportsnet is reporting that Smyth is looking to get PAID! He is a UFA in the summer and will probably command $5 million per season.

quote:
"I'm no pushover. I have been for many years," said Smyth, who will earn $3.5 million this season. "This is the time to make a statement for not only myself, but my family, and find the right deal. I think more it's the principle now than anything."

In the non cap era, Smyth realized the Oilers were in tough to hold on to their stars and he was around when Doug Weight left for more money. He didn't want to be that guy and has taken less than market value and he should be applauded for that. But I have to say, now that all teams are on an even playing feld and there is no longer the "small market Canadian team' excuse, he deserves to get what he is worth.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him test the free agent market - just to see what is out there.
Jack Kayden 66 Posted - 11/22/2006 : 08:44:54
Sportsnet is reporting that Smyth is looking to get PAID! He is a UFA in the summer and will probably command $5 million per season.

quote:
"I'm no pushover. I have been for many years," said Smyth, who will earn $3.5 million this season. "This is the time to make a statement for not only myself, but my family, and find the right deal. I think more it's the principle now than anything."

In the non cap era, Smyth realized the Oilers were in tough to hold on to their stars and he was around when Doug Weight left for more money. He didn't want to be that guy and has taken less than market value and he should be applauded for that. But I have to say, now that all teams are on an even playing feld and there is no longer the "small market Canadian team' excuse, he deserves to get what he is worth.

lyall Posted - 11/21/2006 : 21:44:28
But the Oil have no need to find another good forward. They have good depth on all 4 lines. What they need is a all-star defenceman. Get rid of Bergeron already, & Smith too! what does he ever do besides block shots?
pucker Posted - 11/21/2006 : 12:45:48
quote:
Originally posted by oil guy

I can not see the oilers trading smyth, I do believe every one else with the exception of Roli could go at any time.
But with the the way they seemed to have gotten things righted it do not see any trades at this time.
Maybe come deadline time.
Go oil!

If he is on the block, 29 teams are lined up to get him. How about Matt Cooke and Brendan Morrison for Smyth?
oil guy Posted - 11/21/2006 : 12:36:47
I can not see the oilers trading smyth, I do believe every one else with the exception of Roli could go at any time.
But with the the way they seemed to have gotten things righted it do not see any trades at this time.
Maybe come deadline time.
Go oil!
Guest8977 Posted - 11/20/2006 : 15:34:31
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9582

I am and Oiler fan to the end and Smyth is playing great this year. However, I like that trade. I would take Horton and Weiss in a heartbeat. Most of us out west don't get to see them play a lot, but they are both nearly all-star caliber players and will be for years to come. Besides, I can't stand Bergeron. I'd love to see him leave.

Florida is making that deal becuz they need a hard-shot d-man a 1st line winger for Jokinen, and they wanna get ridda Weiss.
Guest9582 Posted - 11/20/2006 : 12:03:59
I am and Oiler fan to the end and Smyth is playing great this year. However, I like that trade. I would take Horton and Weiss in a heartbeat. Most of us out west don't get to see them play a lot, but they are both nearly all-star caliber players and will be for years to come. Besides, I can't stand Bergeron. I'd love to see him leave.
lyall Posted - 11/19/2006 : 21:02:16
quote:
No, the reason being Ryan Smyth turned down a 3 year 12 million dollar deal, the oilers are afraid they wont be able to afford Smyth if he doesn't sign for 4 million or less.
Actually Symth took a pay cut to stay in Edmonton after the cap was enforced. If Smyth ever got traded Lowe would get run outa town. Plus Edmonton has tons of cap room.
leigh Posted - 11/19/2006 : 17:07:30
I gotta hand it to Smyth too. he's got a pretty good all around game. He's no Forsberg, Crosby, Naslund etc mind you but he works his tail off every game and he has a nose for the net. He is willing to pay the highest price and no matter what team you cheer for you ahve to respect that. The kid has a heart the size of an elephant.
bablaboushka Posted - 11/19/2006 : 16:45:47
I'm pretty sure he was trying to portray Smyth positively, not negatively.

8977, enough with the threats please. If you use this sort of language/comments one more time in this forum I will send a request to the site admin that you be banned. We try to keep this as tasteful and interesting as possible and comments like those are unnecessary.

We are aware you are an Oilers fan by your previous posts but there is no need to menace people with death threats, or by using profanity to talk down to other forum members. As much of a fan as you might be, please try to keep an open mind, as objectivity allows for better discussion.

Thanks
Guest8977 Posted - 11/19/2006 : 15:54:05
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4044

Smyth is the s***.

Anyone wanna kill this guy, I know I sure do, don't insult the oilers as long as I remain on the forum.
Guest4044 Posted - 11/19/2006 : 12:51:55
Smyth is the s***.
Guest8977 Posted - 11/19/2006 : 12:37:28
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

Edmonton Trade Smyth? Haha. You must be thinking Smith.

No, the reason being Ryan Smyth turned down a 3 year 12 million dollar deal, the oilers are afraid they wont be able to afford Smyth if he doesn't sign for 4 million or less.
lyall Posted - 11/19/2006 : 10:53:36
Edmonton Trade Smyth? Haha. You must be thinking Smith.
Guest8977 Posted - 11/18/2006 : 15:27:33
Smyth is involved in a trade rumour

Florida:Bouwmeester, Horton, Weiss
Edmonton:Smyth, Bergeron, Horcoff
ultimatetitman Posted - 11/17/2006 : 14:25:21
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Nothing against Ryan Smyth, cause he is doing well, but it would be nice to see more consistency. He scores his goals in splurges then stops for a while then scores them again. It could be dangerous if the Oilers end up fighting for a playoff spot and he's on one of his cold streaks.

He is certainly streaky, can't argue with that. But he does something that most teams need - and as a Cunucks fan, we deperately crave. He parks his ass in front of the net and makes the goalie's job a nightmare. He gets bounced around like a beach ball out there and takes more wood than Paris Hilton.

Does he back off, or take a night off? No, instead he spends hours per week with his defencemen at practise, having them take slap slops in his general direction while he practises redirecting the puck.

He's definitely what Canadian hockey is all about. I think that Lyall will be a bit surprised that most hockey fans will not hate this thread!
bablaboushka Posted - 11/17/2006 : 14:02:41
Nothing against Ryan Smyth, cause he is doing well, but it would be nice to see more consistency. He scores his goals in splurges then stops for a while then scores them again. It could be dangerous if the Oilers end up fighting for a playoff spot and he's on one of his cold streaks.
pucker Posted - 11/17/2006 : 13:59:22
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

I know most of you are gunna hate this thread, but....
How about Ryan Smyth? That guy doesn't miss a beat. After taking a hit that looked as if it could be season ending; he is right back in the action to score 2 goals. He is having an awsome start to his season. I know alot of you don't like him cause he's a pain in the ass to goalies & what not, you guys can't say you wouln't love to have him on your team.

Im a die hard Canucks fan. Not one of those pretend ones who jump on the Oiler or Flame bandwagon once the Canucks are out of the race. I was cheering for Carolina last year, and am glad the Oilers lost. But man, I can't argue with you about Smyth. He is one of my favorite players and I would LOVE to see him in a constipated whale jersey. He is the ultimate leader and brings it every night.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page