Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 Roloson

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest8985 Posted - 11/19/2006 : 08:05:14
Did you see him last night vs. Detroit he was amazing ya there goal with 4 seconds left wasn't the best but he played stellar before that

OILERS OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Saku Steen Posted - 03/27/2007 : 04:02:17
quote:
Originally posted by Ddeathblade

This year, both Roloson and Markkanen have been inconsistent. Roloson has hot flashes, but then he becomes inconsistent for a while. He's like great for a game or two, then becames slacky for about five games or so. The Oilers need him to be much more consistent, or we won't have a hope next year with the amount of offense and defense we have.

But thats because they are both backup goalies.
Ddeathblade Posted - 03/26/2007 : 16:48:31
This year, both Roloson and Markkanen have been inconsistent. Roloson has hot flashes, but then he becomes inconsistent for a while. He's like great for a game or two, then becames slacky for about five games or so. The Oilers need him to be much more consistent, or we won't have a hope next year with the amount of offense and defense we have.
Beans15 Posted - 01/11/2007 : 10:25:01
MacT should know better. The problem is Markkanen is that he is so hot and cold. When he is on, he is great. When he is off, he's one of the worst in the league. MacT never know which one will show up any given night. Although it looks like Roli had a decent game against the Sharks last night. He can still do that from time to time, just not every night.
lyall Posted - 01/10/2007 : 22:14:19
Roli is a very talented goalie, but...............

He is 37 years old & has never been a starting goalie in the NHL. The most he has ever played is 50 games in one season. This year, at the halfway mark, he has played 38. Keep going like this & he will play 76 out of 82 games.

To me this makes no sense. We all have seen what Roli can do, & it's impressive to say the least. But look when it comes. 1)Playoffs; He played 24 games with the Wild & 19 with the Oil in the regaular season. So he was pretty well rested & well it's the playoffs. 2)Beginning of the season; He had plenty of time to rest & recover from the long playoff run. Makes sense that he would play well.

I think heshould play no more than 50 games in a season. He is getting too old & is not used to playing more than that. Markkanen is capable of playing 30 games or so. Why not play him? Send a message to Roli that if he doesn't give the Oilers a chance to win, he watches from the bench. Or just give the guy a rest. He shouldn't have to be put in that postion. MacT should know better.
ryschevy1 Posted - 01/10/2007 : 15:23:44
I have to say that i agree with beans. Being as true to the OIL as i am i wish they didn't have to rely on Roloie as much as they do. For the odd time a does flash the leather and make an unbelieveable stop (Dan Cleary) he lets in 10 softys. I know he doesn't have that great a defense in front of him this year, but last year in the regular season he did and he was just that, regular.

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Guest6434 Posted - 01/10/2007 : 09:42:45
Post deleted.

Moderator edit:

6434, please do not make personal attacks. If you would like to share an educated opinion on the topic of hockey, your contribution is encouraged! If you want to stick with personal attacks, that's what MSN is for.

Thanks.
Beans15 Posted - 01/10/2007 : 09:01:53
I just wish Roli played for a different team so I didn't have to depend on him to win for me.
bablaboushka Posted - 01/10/2007 : 07:48:14
Thank you Beans, very accurate analysis.

Unfortunately, Roloson is over-hyped from last year's playoff run. People quickly forget his 14-24-5 record before the playoffs and while I'll admit that playoffs are when it really matters, which goalie hasn't made a run like his by the age of 38?
Beans15 Posted - 01/09/2007 : 22:54:24
I live and breath the Oilers and to say that Roloson is worth more to the Oilers than anyone else is easily the funniest thing I ever heard. A great goalie?? He is so shaky in net these days it is scary when the opposition dumps the puck towards him let alone shoot. He did have a decent game in Los Angeles, but when you think of the last 10 games, they Oilers have been scored on 39 times. I know Roli didn't play all those games, but he played most. I can't think of a single goalie who is considered great who lets in 4 goals a game.

And if you think of anyone other than Ryan Smyth as the soul of the Oilers, you are not watching the same game as the rest of us.
Guest8952 Posted - 01/09/2007 : 21:07:23
omg...hasek isnt even that good. he faces what, 20 shots a game? the only reason he has so low GAA is cuz he has a great defensive team. roli is a great goalie, and is worth more to the oilers than ne1 else. he had a great game against LA
Mikhailova Posted - 01/05/2007 : 16:28:57
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8985

Did you see him last night vs. Detroit he was amazing ya there goal with 4 seconds left wasn't the best but he played stellar before that

Molson Roloson Canadian.

Best on the drink rink in Canada

lyall Posted - 01/04/2007 : 22:39:13
quote:
Originally posted by ryschevy1

I agree. But why not start Markkannen in the playoffs? He did alright last year against the Canes after Rolie got hurt. If Conklin hadn't screwed up so bad the cup would have probably been hauled down Whyte Ave last June!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!

That was not Coklins mistake. Jason Smith is the one who gave the puck away.
ryschevy1 Posted - 01/03/2007 : 09:37:11
I agree. But why not start Markkannen in the playoffs? He did alright last year against the Canes after Rolie got hurt. If Conklin hadn't screwed up so bad the cup would have probably been hauled down Whyte Ave last June!

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Guest4055 Posted - 12/24/2006 : 12:22:38
Burns is right the oilers are secretly the best in the league but Dwayne Roloson has been slacking off and anyway why wont the Oilers let Markennan have a chance

although i love Roloson i want Markennan to start in net for most of the games this year! (not in the playoffs)
Burns Posted - 11/22/2006 : 10:06:41
Actually , Roloson is #5 in the NHL for save% and #4 for wins and he seems to have a glove hand that rivals Kiprusoff's. Id say that puts him in the top 10.

The Oilers are secretley the best team in the NHL
oil guy Posted - 11/21/2006 : 12:51:43
I believe Roli is a good goalie but i also am realistic in knowing he is not top 10 in the league but when on a roll such as the playoffs last year he can play as well as any even Hasek. But a team needs to really on the whole team for a real run to the cup. So I think he is as good a fit as any goalie to wear the oilers silks.
Guest6916 Posted - 11/20/2006 : 17:00:09
every dog has his day. He's no Hasek
bablaboushka Posted - 11/20/2006 : 16:10:09
He made one nice save against Cleary.
Guest8977 Posted - 11/20/2006 : 15:35:31
Roli carried us to the finals.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page