Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 What about taken that C and puttin it on Trevor

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vintage Posted - 01/15/2007 : 17:24:21
I heard a editor from Toronto requested this since the NHL wanted to hear the peoples voices on the vancouver franchise
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jbraiter Posted - 02/27/2007 : 14:40:38
this shouldnt be discussible naslund deserves the C
semin-rules Posted - 02/26/2007 : 14:07:13
NO WAY PUT IT ON MORISSON

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Novie Posted - 02/26/2007 : 13:43:41
PUT THE C ON HENDRIK!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
admin Posted - 02/26/2007 : 13:43:39
quote:
Originally posted by vintage

uhh linden gets alot of time 14 to 16 minutes is alot

Sure he has lately. If you look at what he was getting when you posed the question, he was getting anywhere from 10-15 minutes per game. His average time on ice per game is 12 minutes, which puts him behind Jan Bulis. So yes, now he is getting 16-18 minutes, and playing consistently with Morrison and Cooke, but now the Canucks are doing so well, why would they consider changing their captain?
vintage Posted - 02/26/2007 : 13:25:10
uhh linden gets alot of time 14 to 16 minutes is alot
Ripley Posted - 02/25/2007 : 15:11:54
LOL! someone didn't take their happy pills. haha! just kidding Vintage. good question.

I have no doubt Linden was (and still can be) a good captain but I agree with Pucker and Admin that if you're only getting a few minutes a game then you can't be captain. and although I dont know the vancouver team that well, it sounds like you want to keep Naslund happy and confident which makes sense too. Besides, the canucks are doing well lately and are looking stronger than ever this year. maybe it just took time for them to gel in the new system under the new coach.
Saku Steen Posted - 02/25/2007 : 13:45:12
Trevor Linden would not be a good captain. Markus Naslund is a lot better. I dont even think he should have the A.
pucker Posted - 01/17/2007 : 11:31:54
quote:
Originally posted by vintage

well thanks for your idea on that and I see that trevor has lost scoring ablilty yes but then again look around the NHL and you will see that the captains arent always the goal scorers and I dont think they always should be. He is the leader to make sure that there is agoal scored on his shift.

I agree with Admin. His point wasn't that Trevors inability to score makes him unable to captain. I think he was pointing to the fact that it would negatively affect Naslund, and thus the team. I agree with that and think that is why he has the 'A'.

And Vintage you are right that you dont have to be a goal scorer to be an effective captain, but you do have to be on the ice more often than not. Until recently, Trevor was getting around 5 or so minutes a game. Not enough!

When the Canucks are in the post season, Linden's experience and leadership will shine - with or without a C on his chest

vintage Posted - 01/16/2007 : 20:57:11
well thanks for your idea on that and I see that trevor has lost scoring ablilty yes but then again look around the NHL and you will see that the captains arent always the goal scorers and I dont think they always should be. He is the leader to make sure that there is agoal scored on his shift.
vintage Posted - 01/16/2007 : 20:53:22
ooooooo something thinks there so funny babla.......what ever the heck your messed up name is well guess what thats not the question i was getting at so...........good one buddy maybe next stick to your own business
admin Posted - 01/16/2007 : 09:45:55
I was just trying to help create an conversation on the topic you created which I think is a good one. I was wondering your thoughts? Since you still haven't stated them I will give you mine:

I think its a bad idea. Trevor is great, but his time as captain is over. Although his ability to score has diminished drastically, his leadership hasn't. But I think his leadership is best served as an alternate captain.

It could be argued that Markus Naslund is not an effective captain, but taking the C away at this point in the season would hurt the team more than it helped it. In Dallas, the Stars did the Captain switch in the offseason which might have made it easier for Modano to take, but my feeling is that there has to be some resentment there and the Canucks need to have Naslund's confidence as high as possible if they are going to make the playoffs. Given his latest goalless drought, his confidence needs all the help it can get.

bablaboushka Posted - 01/16/2007 : 08:55:17
LOL, Oh boy....

Clearly someone doesn't know what admin is short for. I'll let you handle this one.
vintage Posted - 01/16/2007 : 08:38:42
LOOK mr admin ill do whatever the heck I want when I post my thoughts dont you tell me what i SHOULD do
admin Posted - 01/15/2007 : 17:39:34
Vintage since you posted this, what do you think? For future posts please put the question or the topic WITHIN the post too, don't just use it as the title. This makes the intention of your post much more clear.

Thanks!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page