Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 If the Canucks lose, I quit!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ultimatetitman Posted - 04/23/2007 : 11:46:43
I have been a Canucks fan since the early 80's. I even remember bits of their 1982 run to the Stanley Cup Finals. But, if the Canucks lose game 7 against Dallas, then I am jumping off the band wagon, pulling up the stakes, and moving out of Canucktown.
I don't know of any team in any sport that has teased its fans with so much promise, only to come up completely flat when in mattered most. They were up 3 games to 1, then proceeded to play probably their two worst games of the season.
This happened last year, but at least they had the decency to stink it up just before the end of the season, thus preventing any playoff heart break.
This happened 3 years ago... granted, it's pretty easy to blame that one on Bertuzzi. 4 years ago they were up 3 games to 1 on Minnesota, and 2-0 in game 7. Still, they lost. Mind you, it's pretty easy to blame Bertuzzi for that one too... They were up 2-0 in game 7 and Bertuzzi got a clear cut breakaway from his own blue line. No one was near him... and he didn't even get a shot on goal.
And does anyone remember the Messier years? How about the early to mid 90's? This is getting stupid. Need I even mention the last half of the 80's?
Sure, some will say "What about '94?" Yes, that was exciting, but at the same time, when have you ever been more disappointed as a Canucks' fan? And for Pete's sake, Nathan Lafayette hit the damn post!
Since '82 I've watched Calgary, Edmonton, and Montreal win the Cup several times. Even the poor Quebec Nordiques basically won a Cup, albeit their first year in Colorado, but with a Nordiques roster. Hell, I've even watched Carolina, Tampa Bay and the bloody New York Rangers win a Cup each.
Now I know that some of you are going to jump on my back for being a fair weather fan, but look at it this way: if you had a girlfriend or boyfriend who disappointed you this much, you'd kick her/him to the curb. That's what I am doing, I am divorcing the Canucks. I'll take them for half of everything they own... which would be exactly 1 Western Conference banner.
28   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tctitans Posted - 04/29/2007 : 01:05:39
quote:
Originally posted by Adamgonucks

After reading all the great topics and discussions in these forums, I finally decided to sign up. Ulti, I also know how you feel and was agreeing with you until I read what TC wrote I tended to agree with him in the end as well. I didn't have a whole lot of hope at the beginning of the season thinking they didn't have enough power up front (unless of course Naslund had a more than superb season). So the fact that they have made it this far from what I think disciplining themselves (especially after the last game in Anaheim) and with all those injuries I'm pretty darn happy.
I was the only man in China (likely) that jumped up and cheered watching the game live over the Internet when 'nucks beat Anaheim in 2 OT the other day. They needed it so bad....err...I needed it so bad..
Cheers to Ulti and TC.

Fantastic to have you aboard Adam!! Welcome! :) I hear ya! I was on a business trip last week in Finland, and I didnt miss a game either (but only caught 2 live). I went out and bought a Slingbox just because of the playoffs and my business trip. My fiance taped the Van/Dal game #3 while I was in the air, and I watched the recording off my Slingbox as soon as I got to my hotel room. I caught both games #4 and #5 live (at 3am and 5am respectively) live streamed over the net from my Slingbox (on a side note, i'm pretty darn impressed with this device).
Always good to have more die hard nucks fan around here. I still think that it's a huge uphill battle against the Ducks, but that doesnt stop me from hoping and holding my breath at every scoring chance... ;)
GO NUCKS GO!
Adamgonucks Posted - 04/28/2007 : 22:31:23
After reading all the great topics and discussions in these forums, I finally decided to sign up. Ulti, I also know how you feel and was agreeing with you until I read what TC wrote I tended to agree with him in the end as well. I didn't have a whole lot of hope at the beginning of the season thinking they didn't have enough power up front (unless of course Naslund had a more than superb season). So the fact that they have made it this far from what I think disciplining themselves (especially after the last game in Anaheim) and with all those injuries I'm pretty darn happy.
I was the only man in China (likely) that jumped up and cheered watching the game live over the Internet when 'nucks beat Anaheim in 2 OT the other day. They needed it so bad....err...I needed it so bad..
Cheers to Ulti and TC.
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 04/28/2007 : 19:28:43
ultimateitman is one of the very FEW true Nucks fans out here......And for that I doft my hat....Here in Vancouver those are very rare, the typical fan just puts a flag on their car and think they are as die hard as a leafs fan, despite watching about 1/2 a game all season.........I happen to like the team this year. This is b/c they got rid of the 3 things I hated (Crow, Bert and Cloutier)...I don't call myself a bandwagoner, since I like the team for different reasons (ie the players/coach, NOT the town).....But ultimateitman, anyone who liked the team in the Messier era must be a TRUE Nucks fan....Don't quit on em man, you're one of the few who stuck with them through it all, and someday, your loyalty will be rewarded....And it will be rewarded much faster than mine and the other leafs faithful will be hahaha.

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
bablaboushka Posted - 04/26/2007 : 19:27:44
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

And Mik, they only scored 4 on Luongo.

The score was 5-1...did they pull their goalie?
Sorry I didn't watch the game (didn't show it here), I didn't know

P.S. Not saying the series is doomed after just one game, just saying Luongo may not necessarily pull them through.

I know it's off-topic, but just to answer your question, Luongo was pulled after goal 4 in favour of Sabourin who allowed the 5th goal.
leigh Posted - 04/26/2007 : 16:45:04
quote:

You guys assume the series is over after 1 game? Relax.
Luongo is certainly not the reason they lost. In fact, for the first 10 minutes, the Cnucks were easily the better team... until the Zebras decided that they shold be the ones who decide the outcome, not the players. You could be the biggest and most biased Anaheim fan in the world, and you'd still have to criticize the officiating in that game. Thankfully, it was not too biased. A little, but not overtly.
Besides. 2 of our top 4 defencemen were out. Once even one of them is back it'll be a different challenge for the Ducks. Add in Salo and Cooke, and Anaheim will have it's hands full.
Vancouver looked tired! But don't give up on them yet, or on Bobby Lou.
And Mik, they only scored 4 on Luongo. If you've ever read my posts, you know how I feel about people throwing around untrue "facts" in here. Don't get me wrong, I love your posts! Semin-rules... a little jealous? Bitter maybe? Tee off times a little tough to get?
Just buggin! Keep up the good natured poking, I love it!

"I didn't know Sedin was Swedish for punch me"-Brian Burke, 2002

I'm judging from this post that it is safe to say that you are still a Canucks fan eh Ulti?!?
Mikhailova Posted - 04/26/2007 : 16:34:04
quote:

And Mik, they only scored 4 on Luongo.

The score was 5-1...did they pull their goalie?
Sorry I didn't watch the game (didn't show it here), I didn't know

P.S. Not saying the series is doomed after just one game, just saying Luongo may not necessarily pull them through.
ultimatetitman Posted - 04/26/2007 : 13:07:37
You guys assume the series is over after 1 game? Relax.
Luongo is certainly not the reason they lost. In fact, for the first 10 minutes, the Cnucks were easily the better team... until the Zebras decided that they shold be the ones who decide the outcome, not the players. You could be the biggest and most biased Anaheim fan in the world, and you'd still have to criticize the officiating in that game. Thankfully, it was not too biased. A little, but not overtly.
Besides. 2 of our top 4 defencemen were out. Once even one of them is back it'll be a different challenge for the Ducks. Add in Salo and Cooke, and Anaheim will have it's hands full.
Vancouver looked tired! But don't give up on them yet, or on Bobby Lou.
And Mik, they only scored 4 on Luongo. If you've ever read my posts, you know how I feel about people throwing around untrue "facts" in here. Don't get me wrong, I love your posts! Semin-rules... a little jealous? Bitter maybe? Tee off times a little tough to get?
Just buggin! Keep up the good natured poking, I love it!

Mikhailova Posted - 04/26/2007 : 12:46:10
quote:

quote:

Well they're gonna lose in the second round, so don't get your hopes up. Vancouver does not have what it takes to beat Anaheim.

Ha! Vancouver has exactly what it takes to beat Anaheim... and his name is Roberto Luongo!

Luongo's what they need eh? Well Anaheim just scored 5 goals on him so I'd rethink that...
semin-rules Posted - 04/25/2007 : 14:06:20
quote:

quote:

Well they're gonna lose in the second round, so don't get your hopes up. Vancouver does not have what it takes to beat Anaheim.

Ha! Vancouver has exactly what it takes to beat Anaheim... and his name is Roberto Luongo!

And Anaheim has what it takes to beat Vancouver....and their names are:
Ryan Getzlaf, Chris Pronger, Scott Niedermayer, Teemu Selanne, and Francois Beauchemin I shall say no more.....

~~~~~Great season Stars, better luck next year~~~~~
ultimatetitman Posted - 04/25/2007 : 13:56:21
quote:

If Vancouver plays physical, expecially against any D-man not named Scott or Chris, then they have a very good chance. If they play timid, it's over in 5.

Guest6383 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 13:26:37
Vancouver will beat anaheim in 6 and my Sedin boys will start to pay off. Naslund will continue to be slow. That's my prediction.

Jason
jbraiter Posted - 04/24/2007 : 13:24:25
Stayed up for the whole game! Way to go Canucks Go Canucks Go!

I live in toronto so hear the game starts at 9 instead of 7 there
Mikhailova Posted - 04/24/2007 : 13:21:18
leigh Posted - 04/24/2007 : 13:20:22
That was awesome Ulti!!! I mean to witness (in writing) what was a rollercoaster ride of emotion from a fan! LOL! Thanks for posting this, seriously. We've all been there through the phases of a series and your posts pretty much summed it up! Despair, reason, elation. It had it all! Nice job. It would have been good to have you jump on the Calgary bandwagon (hahaha!) but you obviously belong on the Canucks wagon buddy!

Enjoy the playoffs...what may be left of them...Anaheim is looking pretty scary!
bonfire420 Posted - 04/24/2007 : 13:17:34
I was so frustrated after the first... the Canucks came out totally nervous, tripping over each other and not connecting on most passes. Then the first intermission: turning point of the game. It was almost like Alain Vignault had gone around the locker room and shook the players awake. And so nice to watch T-Rev get the winning goal... the only guy who had the urgency of a veteran. If you scroll up I think I predicted 3-1 Vancouver so I was pretty close. Bring on the Ducks... everyone talks about their superior depth and toughness but I think we'll give them a battle they're not going to expect! Vancouver in 7.
ultimatetitman Posted - 04/24/2007 : 12:22:29
Boy do I feel stupid!
Mind you, after the first period I was a little queasy. But the boys did it! What an exciting game, what a finish. Whew.
I will not question them again... likely. I mean, if they fall flat against Anaheim after a couple of good games, who knows, but it would have to be a catastrophic failure for me to question them so harshly again.
And in that case I will keep my doubts to myself next time.
The Canucks flags are on the car, the horn is tuned up, and yes, that is me beside you on Granville Street shouting "Go Canucks go!"
And thank Gaod for Trevor Linden.
admin Posted - 04/23/2007 : 16:55:10
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

Sorry about that Semin. I read my post and it came off pretty harsh. It sounded quite rash. I just thought since Admin just made the post people would should start trying to make more intellectual posts. Your a bright kid for 13 and I know from some of your posts you have valid well thought ideas. Now im moderating lol. Sorry. And TC, it's really arguable that my post was off topic but I see what you mean. The idea of the subject was there, I was just describing how it worked for me. And thanks for the Korolyuk info.

GENTLEMEN. This is what I mean by "please don't debate the quality of each other's posts within the forums". Please let the moderators deal with it. Otherwise we end of going back and forth and eating up an entire page of space trying to police each other. If it's a bad post just let it go.
Kashmire Posted - 04/23/2007 : 16:06:34
Sorry about that Semin. I read my post and it came off pretty harsh. It sounded quite rash. I just thought since Admin just made the post people would should start trying to make more intellectual posts. Your a bright kid for 13 and I know from some of your posts you have valid well thought ideas. Now im moderating lol. Sorry. And TC, it's really arguable that my post was off topic but I see what you mean. The idea of the subject was there, I was just describing how it worked for me. And thanks for the Korolyuk info.
Beans15 Posted - 04/23/2007 : 14:40:32
I feel you pain, but not for as long. Watching the Oilers of the past 5 years tease the playoffs. Then they make a run and one might think they have turned a corner. Then this year. Uhh, it's enough to quit.

But, like me, you should not give up on your team. True fans stay there through thick and thin. I would compare a team to kids rather than a girlfriend. Your kids might let you down, they might disappoint you, but they are still your kids and you will always love them.

I say stick with them. I personally don't like your team, but I still say they are your team and have been for a long time. Stick it out!

And just think how sweet it will be when the actually do win???
tctitans Posted - 04/23/2007 : 14:22:57
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

Semin, have you read the Admin's large post? If not, I recommend you do.

Don't give up on the Cancucks yet. You can always route for more than one team. I'm a pretty big Leafs fan but I also like San Jose and LA. I've been an LA fan since 2001 but at first I was just a little fan. Not die hard or anything. Now I cheer for LA alot! I got into San Jose when I saw marleau, Cheechoo and Sturm(!!!!!!!!!) play. I am dissapointed that Sturm was traded. I liked Korolyuk aswell. He was fun to watch. I'm not sure what happened to him but if anyone knows could the tell me? So ya I've been a Shark fan since 2003. They slowly grew on me like LA did. I'm just saying that there are other options.

Not trying to be harsh Kashmire, but your post is quite comical. It's the irony I like: You suggest that Semin read the Admins post, and then 98% of your post is off-topic. No worriesl, i'm not a moderator and this doesnt really bother me.. .just humorous. As for Korolyuk, I believe that SJ couldnt sign him and traded his rights to NJ who then couldnt sign him and traded his rights back to SJ. I think Korolyuk is one of those players who never could quite live up to his skill level in the NHL and perfers to be a star in Russia then a mediocre player here.
Kashmire Posted - 04/23/2007 : 14:13:25
Semin, have you read the Admin's large post? If not, I recommend you do.

Don't give up on the Cancucks yet. You can always route for more than one team. I'm a pretty big Leafs fan but I also like San Jose and LA. I've been an LA fan since 2001 but at first I was just a little fan. Not die hard or anything. Now I cheer for LA alot! I got into San Jose when I saw marleau, Cheechoo and Sturm(!!!!!!!!!) play. I am dissapointed that Sturm was traded. I liked Korolyuk aswell. He was fun to watch. I'm not sure what happened to him but if anyone knows could the tell me? So ya I've been a Shark fan since 2003. They slowly grew on me like LA did. I'm just saying that there are other options.
semin-rules Posted - 04/23/2007 : 13:54:40
Ulti, I wish I knew what you were going through....and sadly, you will feel that pain, becuase the Stars are lighting up the sky tonight!!!!

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
ultimatetitman Posted - 04/23/2007 : 13:48:03
quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

Ultimatetitman, I hear ya, but trust me, your temporary insanity will pass. I've been a Canuck fan for quite a bit longer than you and have certainly gone through these phases - they will pass. (as you can see, I said 'they' as this was not the first, and will certainly not be the last time you feel this way)

Even if you wanted to, after the emotion has died down, you will be drawn back to the bandwagon for which you love... I've seen it too many times to count.

If anything, you should wait for another time and place to make such a bold statement on quitting. I dont think it prudent to do it now, when your team, a team that wasnt even supposed to make the playoffs this year, finished 1st in their division and is now battling one the of best teams in the west in game 7 to finish out the 1st round. At the beginning of this season, you would have killed for such a scenario.

I would take back your statement and wait for another time when the Canucks have esablished a formidable roster, are expected to win, and are heavy favorites. If they falter then.. .then you will have more of a reason to call it quits... but even then I doubt you will find the willpower to perform such a feat for long..... ;)

Damn you and your logic! That actually makes sense.... Thanks!
But for now, I will only go so far as not making a commitment either way...
tctitans Posted - 04/23/2007 : 13:24:27
Ultimatetitman, I hear ya, but trust me, your temporary insanity will pass. I've been a Canuck fan for quite a bit longer than you and have certainly gone through these phases - they will pass. (as you can see, I said 'they' as this was not the first, and will certainly not be the last time you feel this way)

Even if you wanted to, after the emotion has died down, you will be drawn back to the bandwagon for which you love... I've seen it too many times to count.

If anything, you should wait for another time and place to make such a bold statement on quitting. I dont think it prudent to do it now, when your team, a team that wasnt even supposed to make the playoffs this year, finished 1st in their division and is now battling one the of best teams in the west in game 7 to finish out the 1st round. At the beginning of this season, you would have killed for such a scenario.

I would take back your statement and wait for another time when the Canucks have esablished a formidable roster, are expected to win, and are heavy favorites. If they falter then.. .then you will have more of a reason to call it quits... but even then I doubt you will find the willpower to perform such a feat for long..... ;)
leigh Posted - 04/23/2007 : 13:17:57
Just making it clear ulti. I know you'll probably refuse but I'll scootch over and make room on the Flames band wagon for next season if you want. Actually I probably wouldn't have to right now, I think the wagon is pretty empty after last night!! LOL!

Well I'm cheering for the stinkin Canucks tonight. I live in Van and so I may as well enjoy it now that Calgary is golfing.

Go (ahem) Nucks! (I think I threw up a little in my mouth)
ultimatetitman Posted - 04/23/2007 : 13:10:14
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

So at the start of your post you were giving them one more chance. But at the end you are saying it's over now. Which one is it so we can be clear for all of eternity.

All I meant is, this is their last chance! I would glady continue to cheer them on if they had played their hearts out and still lost, but that is not the case. If they advance, and play like they are capable of, then I will be there next year, come what may, but as for this series, and their history, I'm getting too old for this.
As for tonight, I will cheer as loudly and proudly as anyone.
bonfire420 Posted - 04/23/2007 : 12:04:03
Poor guy... I feel your pain. I don't think I'm ready to give up on them quite yet but maybe that's because I only started watching hockey in the late 80's... Heck, another few years of disappointments like this (if they lose tonight) and I'll be joining you. What I don't understand is where have all the forwards gone? Everyone looks dog tired and they haven't been able to even connect on basic passes (even the Sedins are struggling in that department). However having said all that, I am still going to remain an optemist and predict Vancouver over Dallas, 3-1. Go Canucks!
leigh Posted - 04/23/2007 : 11:50:52
So at the start of your post you were giving them one more chance. But at the end you are saying it's over now. Which one is it so we can be clear for all of eternity.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page