Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Canucks Eliminated

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 04/04/2008 : 06:49:09
The canucks were eliminated with there loss last night to the oilers and personally i don't live in there region but after i've watched them on HNIC I'm happy that a team that plays so bad isn't in the playoffs because there an embarrasment to Canada. There a complete mess. Anyway what was the reason the canucks were not able to clinch a playoff spot?

Go Stars
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 04/04/2008 : 19:33:48
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

the division seeding is needed if you are goin to have a division like the NW and have them play eachother 8 times each. Its not fair for a team that plays in the hardest division to be seeded 6th instead of 3rd just because another team has a weaker division so ends up with more points. If they re arragned the schedule to make it more even then i say get rid of the division seeding.until then they have to keep it. I think everyone also realizes nonis needs to go, pickin up richie isbister and miller in the offseason isnt exactly upgrading your team.

This is rubbish. How about the SW division where the team that will end up winning that division will get home ice for the first round of the playoffs while there are potentially teams with as many points and better records in the east who are not even in the playoffs!!
Guest4570 Posted - 04/04/2008 : 16:40:38
I think when you pay a player 6million a season to be your leader, you need to get more production out of him... The Canucks will look a lot better next year without Naslund and Morrison.

And let's be realistic, the Sedins are not a first line, but rather a second line. Vancouver needs to sign some big name forwards in the off season if they're hoping they can make the playoffs next year. Luongo had a very good year but not stellar like last year. Coaching hasn't really changed since last year when Vigneault won coach of the year so that's not it either...

Can you imagine if Vancouver ever got another player like Bure while having a guy like Luongo in net? There were so many points this season where they desperately needed a goal and the only line that would get it for them was their third line with Kessler and Burrows. The Sedins usually fold down the strech so the only solution is more offensive talent and better leaders!
irvine Posted - 04/04/2008 : 13:44:54
I like Luongo, I truly believe that he is a superstar goaltender and will be for a while to come...

But, for some odd reason I feel slightly like he gave up a bit on the team. I mean, the team has not gave Luongo the support he needs all season. But with Luongo due for a child very soon, I am almost thinking he just gave up and wanted some time of now for his family. Which, I don't blame him for. Just having my first child two weeks ago! :)

This may sound gibberish, and it sort of is. Just my random thoughts, no backing behind it. No stats for proving slumping numbers. Just something I feel.

I feel he did not want to waste any time entering the playoffs to just be eliminated four games later. And perhaps have to dissapoint the team, by leaving to go with his wife and child.

Irvine
Guest4803 Posted - 04/04/2008 : 13:32:37
the division seeding is needed if you are goin to have a division like the NW and have them play eachother 8 times each. Its not fair for a team that plays in the hardest division to be seeded 6th instead of 3rd just because another team has a weaker division so ends up with more points. If they re arragned the schedule to make it more even then i say get rid of the division seeding.until then they have to keep it. I think everyone also realizes nonis needs to go, pickin up richie isbister and miller in the offseason isnt exactly upgrading your team.
leigh Posted - 04/04/2008 : 12:38:28
Definitely not Luongo! He was still very very good! But if you buy into the theory that the management didn't pick up the big players solely because they were relying on Luongo, then maybe it was a factor. But I don't buy that myself, seems like a pretty vulnerable strategy.

The coaching was pretty decent too I think.
Beans15 Posted - 04/04/2008 : 12:07:19
Regardless if you are a fan of the Canucks or not, I think you have to look at this logically.

Ask yourself this question, if you had a list of every roster in the NHL WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF KNOWING THE TEAM would the current Vancouver Roster of players(injured or not) be one of your picks to win the Stanley Cup???

Not on mine. Not by a long shot.

Vancouver won the division in 07. By a staggering 1 point and would have been in 7th place in the standings without the stupid division winner seeding. In the off season, every other team in the division did something to improve their team or at least attempted to. Vancouver did not.

There is no surprise that they did not do as well as last year. The other teams got better, they stayed the same.

So the reason they were eliminated is because they are not that good of a team and I would put a lot of that blame on the GM.
Devils Fanatic Posted - 04/04/2008 : 11:49:51
All of the above

Devils fan for life
Guest4803 Posted - 04/04/2008 : 10:31:10
I agree i dont think theyre the most exciting team to watch the last 2 years. I may be the only person that feels this way but i think it has to do with luongo. Florida was never to exciting when they had him and since he has shown up in Van we havent been the goal scoring team we had been previous years. Everyone says if the canucks didnt have luongo they wouldnt of won nearly as many games, and they make him out to be some kind of Goaltending God. His stats are good but hes not the best in any category. If we didnt have luongo we maybe would of had some money to sign a top 6 forward or two. We did just fine when we were a high scoring team with a mediocre goalie (cloutier).
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 04/04/2008 : 10:19:47
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

Dave nonis....he needs to go, so does naslund salo morrison isbister cowan and richie. I also am not the hugest fan of luongo we basically have became florida. I wouldnt say we are an embarassment to Canada though thats pretty rough..isnt that the leafs?

Not gonna lie, I hate the Leafs. But at least they have fairly exciting hockey! Vacouver is the most boring team i have every watched. THey are pretty close to Canada's embarrassment!

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Guest4803 Posted - 04/04/2008 : 09:01:00
Dave nonis....he needs to go, so does naslund salo morrison isbister cowan and richie. I also am not the hugest fan of luongo we basically have became florida. I wouldnt say we are an embarassment to Canada though thats pretty rough..isnt that the leafs?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page