Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Poll - Should Bourdon stay or should he go?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ryan Harper Posted - 11/08/2006 : 08:27:18
Should the Canucks send Luc Bourdon back to Junior?

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pucker Posted - 11/08/2006 : 13:41:44
quote:
Originally posted by ultimatetitman

Irrelavent now as he has been sent down.

He just needs a boost of confidence. More ice time, and an increased roll in Manitona will be just what the doctor ordered. He will be a huge addition to the Canucks' blue line in a year or two.

Besides, staying up and playing 7-8 minutes of ineffective hockey a night would make him eligible for free agency a year sooner, so why waste it.

He is going back to Moncton of the Quebec league - not the AHL. If he went to the AHL his contract would still count against the cap. The Canucks made the right move.
ultimatetitman Posted - 11/08/2006 : 13:12:39
Irrelavent now as he has been sent down.

He just needs a boost of confidence. More ice time, and an increased roll in Manitona will be just what the doctor ordered. He will be a huge addition to the Canucks' blue line in a year or two.

Besides, staying up and playing 7-8 minutes of ineffective hockey a night would make him eligible for free agency a year sooner, so why waste it.
Canucklehead Posted - 11/08/2006 : 09:33:02
Edler has played fantastic his first 2 games and seems to be a better choice to keep up than Bourdon right now.
Ryan Harper Posted - 11/08/2006 : 08:32:15
I think they should send him back. He is averaging about 9 minutes per game and that is with both Salo and Mitchell out of the lineup. With their return he will see less minutes and therefore will not get the chance to develop in Vancouver. I don't think he has much more to learn in the Quebec League, but at least he will play meaningfull minutes.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page