Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Canucks hurtin on defence

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ryan Harper Posted - 11/09/2006 : 11:08:07
Salo and Mitchell will not play tonight against the NHL powerhose Anaheim Ducks. Although I think Rory Fitzpatrick is terrible, he is also hurt and may not play. Add Bourdon back to juniors and we basically sit with the following lineup:

Ohlund-Bieksa
Krajicek-Edler
Coulombe-

whos the 6th?

OUCH!

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jbraiter Posted - 03/01/2007 : 05:04:20
they are now but before they were hurtin
Myles06-07 Posted - 02/27/2007 : 17:49:34
Canucks D is quite good,
Defensively.
jbraiter Posted - 02/27/2007 : 17:45:37
check what place the canucks are in

It helped when they picked up Sopel
semin-rules Posted - 02/26/2007 : 05:40:09
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8977

Canucks are a disgrace to Canada

Hahaa i love guest fights Soooo clueless

Vancouver isn't a disgrace to Canada, we can all agree that the Leafs are a disgrace to our country

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
tctitans Posted - 02/25/2007 : 23:41:21
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Well I'll be the first to admit the Canucks are doing way better than 2 months ago. I can't help but think that it is a house of cards right now. Too much relying on Luongo is a dangerous thing. They are playing better, but realistically if Luongo slumps or goes down it could all collapse.

I agree. However, this can be said about a number of top teams. Right now Luongo is part of the team, and with him in the lineup, it's a damn good team.
leigh Posted - 02/25/2007 : 22:27:31
Well I'll be the first to admit the Canucks are doing way better than 2 months ago. I can't help but think that it is a house of cards right now. Too much relying on Luongo is a dangerous thing. They are playing better, but realistically if Luongo slumps or goes down it could all collapse.

Has anyone else noticed how off Ohland looks these days?
1 Crosby fan Posted - 02/25/2007 : 19:36:31
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8977

You are a Disgrace to God and everyone on the fourm(Don't come back or else)
Guest4689 Posted - 12/19/2006 : 18:03:46
Vancouver is doing bad but they are getting a bit better
Guest8977 Posted - 11/18/2006 : 15:29:13
Guest4796 Posted - 11/18/2006 : 13:46:08
At the beginning of this season, I'd say that rumour was a piece of sh!t... surprisingly makes a little bit of sense right now.
Guest4044 Posted - 11/16/2006 : 10:32:55
I'm not sure how the finances work but by sending Edler packin could they be scraping their pennies together to make a big deal? Making some cap room maybe? I heard on Pratt & Taylor they were talking about Morrison and a package for injury prone Forsberg. Anyone?
Ryan Harper Posted - 11/16/2006 : 10:06:18
Edler was sent down to Manitoba today. I am a bit surprised by this considering that Fitzpatrick (who sucks btw) is still a long time away from returning from injury. I was a big fan of the way Edler was playing during the absence of Mitchell/Salo.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
nazzy_19 Posted - 11/12/2006 : 05:51:50
You're right on a few points, one of which being our depth overexposure... our young call-ups just aren't NHL calibre material yet, at least against teams like Anaheim. There have been some disturbing trends so far this year, but there's also been a lot of positives.

First off, the Sedins have sort of disappeared temporarily, which makes me wonder (heavier workouts, confidence?).

Also, Morrison is playing like something huge is on his back... sort of reminds me Bert before he was traded, without the stigma of a Moore-incident riding him. Maybe Morrison is going to be gone, although I don't know how much we'll get for him right now... he's not exactly proving himself as a power player at the moment, and that's sort of been his downside for many years - can this guy play solo?

Our defensive depth doesn't trouble me as much as our offensive incapabilities do. I think it has a lot to do with the system that Vigneault has implemented, and a few of the old regulars are having a bit of a tough time sticking with it all the way. Henrik and Daniel have always been great two-way players, but there has to be some sort of compromise right now.

Lets take last nights loss to the Flames for example: up 2-0 at home, with a young D and an offense that's been struggling... not to mention a franchise netminder between the pipes. What happens? Blow the lead excruciatingly slowly. I mean, Iginla gets wailed by Cooker, and all of a sudden we have nothing to back it up with... the onslaught begins, and you can almost see the loss coming, and this is when we were UP 2-0.

This was a trend that started last season, and I think it stems from certain players on the team that are getting too much reputation ice-time, but only because we're paying them to be who we want them to be.

Underachieving cannot become the mantra of this team, and with all the young players filling in for injured vets, is it really underachieving or just losses due to atrition.

I'm still gonna watch every game on the edge of my seat: 2-1 nailbiters or 6-0 blowouts, they're still my 'Nucks and they'll get it right sooner or later :)
leigh Posted - 11/09/2006 : 15:32:03
Sorry but Vancouver has serious issues. With the injuries & lack of experience on D they are in a bind big time. And rumour has it they need offense even more, so they have to fill that too. Not to mention they are right up tight against the cap and don't really have any bargaining power without giving up something major (if you consider Morisson major) This team is in trouble.
Guest6916 Posted - 11/09/2006 : 14:52:38
Nathan Mcivar was called up. I have never heard of him. Prediction: 6-1 Anaheim wins.
pucker Posted - 11/09/2006 : 11:49:53
Ya, Tremblay is also hurt on the farm so I don't really know who will play the 6th guy. Hopefully Fitzpatrick can play. I agree hes not great but they didn't sign him thinking he would be anything more than a 6th d man. He hasn't done too bad filling in during these injuries.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page