Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Canucks Rant

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ryan Harper Posted - 11/23/2006 : 14:01:16
The Canucks allow the second fewest shots in the league. But what does that mean really? You would think that if you combined that with a world class goaltender in Roberto Luongo, then together that would produce a record better than one game over .500. And Luongo is playing good, but not great. His GAA is 10th and SV% is 20th.

I look back at the first 23 games of the season and I am OK with the record but I think we could be doing better. Injuries to our top defensemen have hurt us, and with a little research, I noticed that When both Salo and Mitchell are healthy, we are 8-3-1.

So if Luongo can make that one extra save every two games, and if our defense stays healthy - then we should be in contention for the 7th or 8th spot in the West.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ultimatetitman Posted - 12/06/2006 : 19:12:21
I don't think you can completely blame Nonis for their laclustre performance.
Realistically, Bulis looked like a steal at that price. The guy seemed to have all the potential in the world. That, and a huge desire to prove himself added up to a no brainer for Nonis. Problem is, he signed on the understanding he would play with the twins. Is he pouting? Maybe, but you can't blame Nonis for that.
Chouinard looked like a solid and sound defensive choice. His salary is not out of line with what has become the standard for a 3rd or 4th line player.
And Kelser... what do you do? Do you risk losing him? He was solid defensively last season as a rookie. He plays on the PK, and had decent enough hockey smarts that one would think he might develop into a solid 3rd line guy, maybe even second in a few seasons. Do you let that go for a draft pick? Tough call, but I think in a couple of years fans will be happy that Nonis made the choice he did.
I think the problem lies with the coach. These guys have no identity. There are still no set lines, and we're 30+ games into the season. Cooke looks completely uninspired, Linden's best before date was 1996 (I love Linden, but come one), and Morrison is, at best, a third line center. Willie Mitchell, though reliable, is not the force everyone thought he would be. And my favourite Canuck, Mattias Ohlund looks oh so ordinary this year. This all comes down to coaching and coaching decisions.
New blood needs to be brought up. Schultz deserves another chance, and so does Brandon Reid. With speed like that, why has he seen no NHL ice time this season? Jason Jaffray is a point a game guy in Manitoba, why is he not up here? Brad Moran has 27 points in 22 games and he's a center. Where is he?
Now I am ranting. Anyhow, I don't think that Vingeault is the answer here. Granted, Nonis hired him, so....
Ryan Harper Posted - 12/05/2006 : 10:20:01
This is getting worse:

Aside from the top 4 forwards whose goal totals are less than spectacular: Naslund: 12, Pyatt: 9, Daniel: 7, Morrison: 6, the other 12 Canuck forwards have combined for 13 goals. over 200 games combined and a measily 12 goals. Nonis has to do somthing soon. I understand it is tough to make a deal given the cap but somthing has got to give. Last place in goals for? Non existent powerplay? What is up?

~Wayne Gretzky
Guest4044 Posted - 11/30/2006 : 23:42:22
They crapped out tonight
Decembereagle Posted - 11/30/2006 : 15:41:45
Those signings were Brutal. Hopefully they can do a trade but what would you get for a High priced underachieving player?

pucker Posted - 11/30/2006 : 15:04:24
Here are 3 terrible signings by Nonis that has to take some of the blame for the lack of scoring:

Ryan Kesler 1.9 million
Jan Bulis 1.3 million
Marc Chouinard 1.1 million

$4.3 million better spent somewhere else.
Ryan Harper Posted - 11/30/2006 : 11:56:16
quote:
Originally posted by Decembereagle

Another rant I have is when the Canucks are in the offensive zone they always hold their sticks parallel to their bodies instead of keeping them on the ice. I noticed this game after game. They can't get point production "holding their sticks" all the time!

I think its because they only have a handful of guys that know how to score. Even the Sedins are pretty weak when it comes to finishing. They are great set up guys but shoot the puck like my sister. Its getting tough to watch them lately.

~Wayne Gretzky
Decembereagle Posted - 11/30/2006 : 11:16:44
Another rant I have is when the Canucks are in the offensive zone they always hold their sticks parallel to their bodies instead of keeping them on the ice. I noticed this game after game. They can't get point production "holding their sticks" all the time!

Decembereagle Posted - 11/30/2006 : 11:09:10
I think if the Canuck players hit the net once in a while this would greatly improve their odds. Have you noticed how much they miss the net? What's up with that? Are they shooting with their eyes open or are they using the force LOL!

Hopefully they will gain some more puck luck momentum going towards the mid point of the season and beyond....

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page