Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Leafs Managment

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jmsmorris Posted - 01/13/2007 : 18:25:12
If you were made GM of the Leafs what would be your first move?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jmsmorris Posted - 01/20/2007 : 16:43:51
[quote]Originally posted by ryschevy1

You are WRONG!!! The CBC wouldn't let me leave TO, not the NHL. But who cares a man can dream can't he?

N o You are wrong. There are safeguards that make it nearly impossible to move an original six team but i must admit it is a nice fantasy (except moving to the peg)
ryschevy1 Posted - 01/18/2007 : 08:57:30
You are WRONG!!! The CBC wouldn't let me leave TO, not the NHL. But who cares a man can dream can't he?

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
jmsmorris Posted - 01/17/2007 : 17:52:11
quote:
Originally posted by ryschevy1

I voted other. I wouldn't want to be GM, I'd like to own them! Then I'd move them out of TO altogether and put them in Winnipeg where the real hockey fans are!!! Then I'd hire Dale Hawerchuk for my GM and pay off Randy Carlyle to leave Anaheim and come back to the peg to coach, and bring Teemu with him. I'd tell Dale to trade for Shane Doan, Nic Khabibulin, Keith Tkachuk, Alex Zhamnov(does he still play???) and Teppo Numminen. Then I'll be happy.

GO OIL!!! YA!!!

Nice fantasy only about a million things wrong with that i'll name the big ones
1) the NHL would never let you leave T.O.
2)If you got Randy Carlyle embargo rules say you can't get Temu except through free agency
and finally
3) you'd be way over the salary cap!!
admin Posted - 01/16/2007 : 10:07:59
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I know Sundin is the only good thing in Toronto, but if you start re-building now, it will be too late for him. Trade him, get as many draft picks and young players as possible, and give Sundin a shot with a different team.

I agree. Can they get him to waive his no trade clause? I bet they could since he is 36 and his chances of winning a cup in Toronto are not great.
ryschevy1 Posted - 01/16/2007 : 09:54:08
I voted other. I wouldn't want to be GM, I'd like to own them! Then I'd move them out of TO altogether and put them in Winnipeg where the real hockey fans are!!! Then I'd hire Dale Hawerchuk for my GM and pay off Randy Carlyle to leave Anaheim and come back to the peg to coach, and bring Teemu with him. I'd tell Dale to trade for Shane Doan, Nic Khabibulin, Keith Tkachuk, Alex Zhamnov(does he still play???) and Teppo Numminen. Then I'll be happy.

GO OIL!!! YA!!!
Beans15 Posted - 01/15/2007 : 07:41:25
I know Sundin is the only good thing in Toronto, but if you start re-building now, it will be too late for him. Trade him, get as many draft picks and young players as possible, and give Sundin a shot with a different team.
Crosby Rules Posted - 01/15/2007 : 07:12:11
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailova

Get rid of the entire team (except Sundin) and get new draft picks who can actually play.

I completely agree mikhailova if the leafs want any chance to be considered "good" by the citizens of toronto the need to toss everybody

But i feel sorry for Sundin though. He's a good player but has noone to play with on a crap team

O and welcome jms
jmsmorris Posted - 01/14/2007 : 12:18:38
Kashmire the question is if you were GM that means JFJ wouldn't be GM anymore
bablaboushka Posted - 01/14/2007 : 10:30:55
Kashmire, if you have to go back and edit your posts, click on the icon in the middle at the top of the post that looks like a sheet of paper and a pencil, it's to Edit your post.
Guest6836 Posted - 01/14/2007 : 02:04:22
we should have never signed mccabe to such a lucrative contract. He's a useless pilon who sucks almost as much as Aki Berg just comes with a 6 million dollar pricetag
Kashmire Posted - 01/13/2007 : 21:41:46
Oops, hate to be a double poster but I made an error: it is first and second together that I think would work best.
Kashmire Posted - 01/13/2007 : 21:39:58
Missing one CRUCIAL selection choice...our dear driend JFJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than JFJ the third and first choices together would be good.
Mikhailova Posted - 01/13/2007 : 18:35:04
Get rid of the entire team (except Sundin) and get new draft picks who can actually play.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page