Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Raycroft not showing true potential..

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
semin-rules Posted - 02/06/2007 : 14:25:35
I really think that if Andrew Raycroft got traded to a different team, he would play so much better!
24-16 thats not that bad if you think about some of the other goalie stats.
People just don't like Toronto, because the team in general sucks. But the Goaltending is pretty good.

what you guys think??

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest6936 Posted - 03/24/2007 : 21:31:07
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Oh c'mon. Again, I despise the Leafs but Raycroft played an elite game tonight and earned the win against Buffalo.

Raycroft played alright tonight. To his credit, he made a couple timely saves when they were needed, something he hasn't done with any consistency this year. But he did only face 20 shots. It would have taken an awful performance from him for the Leafs to lose that game. He didn't lose them the game, but he didn't win it either, he was part of a winning effort. I give him credit for that, but it doesn't wipe out the rest of the season where he's been mostly average to bad. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when the Leafs first acquired him, but after watching him play I can see why the Bruins gave up on him - he's not that good. Sure he can come up with the occassional solid performance, but far too often this year he's been the second best goalie on the ice. There's a reason he's near the bottom of the league in most stats, and it's not all Bryan McCabe.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/24/2007 : 20:14:24
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6936

quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

quote:
Originally posted by Buddyno2000

I. The man is paying great

the man is paying great lol
yea he is the only reason the leafs are where they are(hurts to say that)

If by that you mean in 11th place in the East I agree.

Sure they were in 11 place but only 2 points out of 8th. Im not sure what they will be at tomorrow. But but im sad to say they are keeping up with everyone els.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
bablaboushka Posted - 03/24/2007 : 20:10:54
Oh c'mon. Again, I despise the Leafs but Raycroft played an elite game tonight and earned the win against Buffalo.
Guest6936 Posted - 03/24/2007 : 19:39:01
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

quote:

If by that you mean in 11th place in the East I agree.
jmsmorris Posted - 03/24/2007 : 18:21:27
The reason Raycroft isn't doing as well as he should be in TO is because the Leafs can't have a merely decent goaile they need Supergaolie ie Cujo or Belfor to bail them out in any situation.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 03/24/2007 : 14:05:49
quote:

Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/24/2007 : 07:34:00
Babs, I agree at a 100% on what you just said

Go leafs Go by the way
bablaboushka Posted - 03/24/2007 : 04:21:43
Listen, I'm no Leafs lover, in fact I hate them, but Raycroft did play well. He stopped a couple cross-ice one-timers, made like the first 3 saves before Briere banged it in which he shouldn't have to do, and was left to dry with 3 perfectly-played odd-man rushes by Buffalo.

He isn't anything special, but Toronto should have won that game. They needed their top line to step up and they didn't really do anything.
Guest6930 Posted - 03/23/2007 : 21:13:13
I don't see where Raycroft made any huge saves. Early in the game when the Leafs were dominating he faced few, if any, great chances. In the third, when the Sabres came on, they pumped four past him. Granted, the Leafs fell apart, but that's when a quality goalie steps up with a big save at a key time; that's something that Raycroft very rarely does and why, in my eyes, he's a very average goalie.
bablaboushka Posted - 03/23/2007 : 20:43:51
He was hung out to dry last night after making some HUGE saves.
Guest0961 Posted - 03/23/2007 : 20:37:51
Raycroft would be an awwesome goalie hes just not with the right team, But hes doing alright. Keep up the good work Andrew
Guest6939 Posted - 03/21/2007 : 19:30:21
The reason Leaf fans haven't warmed to Raycroft is quite simple - he's shown absolutely nothing to inspire any adulation. He has played a little better at times lately, but he's a mediocre goalie, no better. Right now he has a 2.93 GAA, good for 28th in the league. Allowing more goals on average every game than 27 other NHL goaltenders isn't the performance of a top notch goaltender; it's mediocre to bad. Likewise his Save% is .896, 33rd best league wide. Again when 32 goalies stop a higher percentage of shots, that's much, much closer to the bottom of the league than the top. Yes he does have a good amount of wins, but when you play basically every game for a slightly better than .500 team you're bound to win a lot. I've watched every Leaf game this season and there's been one or two tops that were won because of Raycroft, the rest were won in spite of him.

Guys like Luongo and Brodeur, or even Kiprusoff and Vokoun are great goalies, goalies who make a difference, who make big, timely saves that turn a game around, who can steal a game on their own. Raycroft is a goalie who usually makes saves on stoppable shots, usually gets beaten on good chances and who rarely, if ever steals a game. He's just not that good.
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/20/2007 : 14:43:48
I can't to see the day the Leafs fans will be chanting ''Razor! Razor! Razor!'' like they did with Cujo and Eddy . The man is playing great (well he is doing what he is suppose to) but the fans I mean the Leafs Fans aren’t even giving him a chance how can you get you game going when no matter what you do no one cares. If it was not for him we would not even be talking about playoffs’ right (before anyone say it were not in yet ) and we are probably not gonna make it but hey.

Go leafs Go by the way
Buick92 Posted - 02/10/2007 : 22:45:21
The team needs to respond around him in the next few games they need to score some goals, that will take some pressue off him
saku11 Posted - 02/10/2007 : 13:53:02
right now raycroft is on fire. but on dont think it will be for a long time.

HABS ALL THE WAY
semin-rules Posted - 02/06/2007 : 18:46:00
Raycroft has a lot of pressure to play good for the Leafs
Did you see the save he did against the Blues!! Amazing!!
Raycroft is the only thing that is keeping the Leafs from crumbiling

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/06/2007 : 15:32:38
Yea, that ia true. But some players, like Raycroft. O'Neill and Peca, consider it a novelty and a great honour because it was the team they watched growing up.

~You play to win the Game~ Herm Edwards
semin-rules Posted - 02/06/2007 : 14:39:47
i no he is doing great for Toronto, he is the only thing doing good for Toronto.
But if he had a better team then there wouldn't be so much pressure

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
devilsjetsfan Posted - 02/06/2007 : 14:35:47
yea if he got traded to anoter team with better D than toronto he would defietly play better, but its not like hes doing bad in toronto...

Go Devils Go

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page