Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 All star Perreault back to Toronto

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jbraiter Posted - 02/27/2007 : 11:30:07
Traded for Bell and 2nd round pick
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Novie Posted - 03/03/2007 : 12:48:44
We gotta do something about the "Every Team sends a player to the All-Star game" rule

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Canucks Man Posted - 03/02/2007 : 15:54:10
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9699

I'm assuming the "All Star" comes from the fact he played in the All Star game this season.

Yes it does and jbraiter even specified that on the first page

CANUCKS RULE!!
Guest9699 Posted - 03/02/2007 : 14:36:18
I'm assuming the "All Star" comes from the fact he played in the All Star game this season.
Novie Posted - 03/02/2007 : 05:42:46
My biggest problem with this thread is the title....."All Star"?

13 years in the league, 5 different teams (2nd stint with the Leafs), 497 pts in 789 GP, career highs of 28G and 57 pts.

Only in T.O. is this guy an All-Star....and that's for the Marlies

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Saku Steen Posted - 03/01/2007 : 11:21:34
The only one that will be good will be Carlo Colaiacovo and Ian White might be an OK player.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 03/01/2007 : 06:06:34
Ok here are some other promising young d-men the Leafs have.

Staffan Kronwall
Carlo Colaiacovo
Ian White
Dominic D'Amour
Jay Harrison
Phil Oreskovic (his cousin is in my class)
Maxim Seminov
Dimitrei Vorobiev

Half this list seems promising, so one gone doesn't make much diffrence.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Novie Posted - 03/01/2007 : 05:56:26
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15
The shining light on this is that Perrault is only at $700k per year. So this should only cost the Leafs about $170k for the rest of the year.

I bet you could buy...no no...INVENT....the "Faceoff 3000" for less than 170K and it would do the same things!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Beans15 Posted - 02/28/2007 : 10:30:22
Toronto is not even likely to make the playoffs. Especially now that the Islanders picked up Smyth. That will make them a tough team to beat down the stretch.

And Perrault is not a bad player at all. But is not a player that can carry a team to the playoffs let alone do deep in the playoffs.

The shining light on this is that Perrault is only at $700k per year. So this should only cost the Leafs about $170k for the rest of the year.

Still don't think is was a smart hockey move.
tctitans Posted - 02/27/2007 : 21:54:43
I dont mind Perrault at all, he would be a good addition to many teams.

That being said, Ferguson is still a knob. He gave away a promising young player and a draft pick for a guy that was dumped by Nashville last year and anybody could have signed as a free agent, but chose not to.
Guest6936 Posted - 02/27/2007 : 21:07:03
I don't have a problem with Perreault. He's a good solid player and I've always liked him. What I find unbelievable in this is that JFJ passed on him when he was available for nothing, only to give up a second round pick and a prospect for the same player a couple of months later. There's no way anyone can convince me that's a smart move on Ferguson's part. The second round pick he wasted by not signing Perreault earlier could possibly have been used to get Martin Biron (that's what Philly gave up I believe), a goalie who may be able to stop more than 7 of 11 shots over two periods.
PainTrain Posted - 02/27/2007 : 19:27:06
Leafs suck so i dont think he will help much only in the circle

And hey guys i just started and made a mistake and forgot to put my pic on so do you know any way i could get it back?Thanks
Kashmire Posted - 02/27/2007 : 19:06:55
I believe that some players perform better in certain cities. I believe Perreault was made to play in Toronto.
Patchy Posted - 02/27/2007 : 18:53:50
thanks you leafsfan, finally someone agrees that, we have many young defensemen, and trading one away isn't the end of the world.
I know JFJ isn't the greatest, i've said it many times. But this was the right move.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
jbraiter Posted - 02/27/2007 : 18:18:43
they gave away their future though
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/27/2007 : 18:00:38
Are you saying im uneducated Babs?/ :O JKS

i think this was a good deal for the leafs though. They got the best faceoff man in the league and got the depth they need in the center position with Wellwood and Peca uncertain about playing for the rest of the year. Good move JFJ.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
bablaboushka Posted - 02/27/2007 : 17:50:26
9684, I can't believe you would still be a Leafs fan. I endured enough of JFJr. so I decided to follow the Sharks (it didn' happen overnight, but that's the nutshell). This trade is classic JFJr. and I honestly can't believe that there would still be educated hockey fans that like the Leafs. Very, very disappointing.
Guest9684 Posted - 02/27/2007 : 17:30:04
Yes you did say all star. My comment was in response to Patchy's post which stated -"And a second round pick isn't that much in exchange for a superstar"
jbraiter Posted - 02/27/2007 : 17:11:59
by the way i said all star and i only said all star because he was at the all star game

Go Canucks
Guest9684 Posted - 02/27/2007 : 17:10:09
And a second round pick isn't that much in exchange for a superstar

Wow, that's a bit of an exageration isn't it? Yanic Perreault a superstar? A great faceoff man and a good player sure, but he's miles from being a superstar. Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemeiux, Bobby Orr, those are superstars, not Yanic Perreault.
What I think about this is how it illustrates the lack of foresight and total lack of any sort of plan from JFJ. A few months ago they could have had Perreault for absolutely nothing as he was looking to sign anywhere. When he would have cost them nothing Ferguson wasn't interested. Now suddenly when the price is a decent young defenseman and a 2nd round pick, he's all over it. That's some shrewd managing. If this guy keeps his job past this year, I'm taking applications for a new favorite team.
semin-rules Posted - 02/27/2007 : 14:18:49
Good for the Leafs but not good enough for anything....

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Patchy Posted - 02/27/2007 : 12:52:24
i actually agree with JFJ here, perrault has a few good years left in him, and he can carry us further into the playoffs this year. Also, we didn't give up that much, we have alot of young defensemen, bell was one of the weaker ones as far as I'm concerned. And a second round pick isn't that much in exchange for a superstar.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
jbraiter Posted - 02/27/2007 : 12:34:10
that is another reason why the leafs suck
admin Posted - 02/27/2007 : 12:14:36
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

There goes JFJr. again: trading the future away for an oldie in a year that they won't win the Cup. What an idiot.

I question it as well. Its not like it is a move that will guarantee a playoff birth.
bablaboushka Posted - 02/27/2007 : 11:51:15
There goes JFJr. again: trading the future away for an oldie in a year that they won't win the Cup. What an idiot.
Saku Steen Posted - 02/27/2007 : 11:42:36
I wish he didnt get traded to Toronto Now they have 2 good players.
admin Posted - 02/27/2007 : 11:31:07
Bell?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page