Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Ryan Smyth coming to Toronto?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest0844 Posted - 03/15/2007 : 19:51:46
According to TSN they said Ryan Smyth could be coming to toronto next year. They said they will have enough salary if they do not sign O'neill and Peca. What do you people think about this. Having Sundin and Smyth on a line would be pretty cool.
28   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Buddyno2000 Posted - 04/12/2007 : 22:00:23
hey! nice one MIK kind of true but also pretty sad lol
Mikhailova Posted - 04/12/2007 : 15:56:25
[img]http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/instigator/gfx/rumourama.jpg[/img]
PuckNuts Posted - 04/11/2007 : 05:51:05
The problem with all of the sports stations, and sports media is that they need to create the news, and if they did not then they would have nothing to report except scores, and the odd Belfour incident. 30 teams have a shot at Smyth in the off season, Edmonton is the least likely candidate.
Edmonton would have to pay more for him this summer than was offered to him at the deadline, no sense in that...

There are: People that make things happen, people that watch things happen, and people that wonder what happened, who are you...
jbraiter Posted - 04/11/2007 : 04:57:36
my ass
bablaboushka Posted - 04/11/2007 : 04:16:39
1440, please don't use personal attacks to make your point.
Guest1440 Posted - 04/10/2007 : 23:05:32
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9655

quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

quote:
Originally posted by oil fan97

lock this topic moderator or admin

Why, Its not a bad topic?
As for Smyth seeing him in an Islanders jersey just doesnt look right to me, and I think a Toronto jersey would look even less right, The only jersey I can Picture Smyth in is either the Oilers or Team Canada Jersey.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Why would anyone want to see him in Team Canada again? They are supposed to be the "cream of the crop", not the worst of the bunch! He is not the type of player that can play a run-and-gun style of offence. He just parks himself infront of the net and tries to get garbage goals. The international ice surface doesn't let that kind of play be an effective style given the size of the ice. We already seen him do nothing there. You need speed and skill, none of which Smyth has.....As for Toronto, it seems he would fit right in with all the other losers that TO keeps signing.

Just a former Leafs fan who expects more from his home team...When they start putting a good product on the ice, I will consider buying their services...

first of all f*** you they don't call him captain canada for nothing, i don't think he is giong to the leafs or to pheonix as for edmonton i would love to see him back in the blue and copper but he is not goin to win a cup there as much as i hate to say it they need to rebuild thats why they didn't resign smyth i think he will stay in new york
Novie Posted - 04/05/2007 : 05:15:57
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4908

but toronto just picks up brutal old overpayed players everytime . smith will not go to toronto

So Smyth is overpaid...in a couple years you could consider him 'old'....so...

LEAF IN '09

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Guest4908 Posted - 04/04/2007 : 09:29:48
theres always rumors about free agents going to toronto. but toronto just picks up brutal old overpayed players everytime . smith will not go to toronto. and lindros sucks look what he's done for the leafs . there not even gonna make the playoffs this year. jfj is rated one of the worst gms in the league
Guest4733 Posted - 04/04/2007 : 09:15:38
Edmonton won't let that happen...they'll get Smyth during the offseason
manninm Posted - 04/04/2007 : 06:08:57
Don't forget about Raycroft, the goalie of the future. JFJ should take a page out of Garth Snow's handbook. Sign him for 15 years!!!
Novie Posted - 03/27/2007 : 16:13:53
quote:
Originally posted by juice32

as long as were payin that pylon Kubina 5 mil a year..

Probably tied 3 or 4 mil up with Hal GIll too.....way to go JFJ!

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
juice32 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 06:51:28
According to TSN EVERYONE and their dog is commin' to Toronto!!!!

I Love the leafs, and i'd LOVE to see Ryan Smyth come there, but lets be reasonable people.....Ryan Smyth will never be as leaf as long as were payin that pylon Kubina 5 mil a year..

GO LEAFS GO
Guest9655 Posted - 03/27/2007 : 06:33:29
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

quote:

As for Smyth seeing him in an Islanders jersey just doesnt look right to me, and I think a Toronto jersey would look even less right, The only jersey I can Picture Smyth in is either the Oilers or Team Canada Jersey.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Why would anyone want to see him in Team Canada again? They are supposed to be the "cream of the crop", not the worst of the bunch! He is not the type of player that can play a run-and-gun style of offence. He just parks himself infront of the net and tries to get garbage goals. The international ice surface doesn't let that kind of play be an effective style given the size of the ice. We already seen him do nothing there. You need speed and skill, none of which Smyth has.....As for Toronto, it seems he would fit right in with all the other losers that TO keeps signing.

Just a former Leafs fan who expects more from his home team...When they start putting a good product on the ice, I will consider buying their services...
Novie Posted - 03/27/2007 : 05:09:22
quote:
Originally posted by SlowShot

I'd love to see him in the blue and white but only if he would take a pay cut to about 3.5-4 million. 5.5 is to high for a player like him though

Go LEAFS

While we're on the topic of too much money....can you imagine having 8-10 million locked up in Tucker and Smyth? Kinda redundant

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
SlowShot Posted - 03/26/2007 : 21:46:23
I'd love to see him in the blue and white but only if he would take a pay cut to about 3.5-4 million. 5.5 is to high for a player like him though

Go LEAFS
PainTrain Posted - 03/26/2007 : 21:03:16
I really could not see Smyth in a leafs uniform.
Ddeathblade Posted - 03/26/2007 : 16:26:15
I highly doubt Ryan Smyth will even think about going to Toronto. There's always rumors of people going to Toronto in the off-season, yet it's extremely rare that any of them do. Smyth is more likely to go to a team with lots of cap space and can spare the money, like Phoenix. They have almost $20 million in cap space. If they can sign people, the Coyotes are going to be a team to be reckoned with next year.
bablaboushka Posted - 03/25/2007 : 16:18:41
quote:

I'll worry about that, you worry about staying on topic. Deal? (Rhetorical question).
Beans15 Posted - 03/25/2007 : 11:54:18
I have said it before, and I will obviously have to say it again. If Smyth comes back to Edmonton, be prepared to not see a Stanley Cup in the City of Champions until after he retires.

His $5 million plus can and should be spent on a player(s) that can do more to help the team.

Besides that, if they were only about $100k apart at the trade deadline, what is going to be different in the summer?? Actually, Smyth will probably want more.

I know everyone in Edmonton loves him. However, it's not a good hockey move to bring him back and it is highly unlikely that is will happen financially as well.

He can go to TO for all I care.
Saku Steen Posted - 03/25/2007 : 10:52:40
No way that Smyth is going to Toronto! My moneys on he goes back to Edmonton.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 03/25/2007 : 10:36:34
Link plz. I don't think Leafs need him, we have Tucker already.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Canucks Man Posted - 03/25/2007 : 10:25:01
quote:

CANUCKS RULE!!!
oil fan97 Posted - 03/25/2007 : 10:19:19
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/16/2007 : 06:40:20
quote:
Originally posted by Novie

Is it just me, or does EVERY Free Agent, every year, ALWAYS have a report somewhere that they're going to Toronto? It was Wade Redden/Zdeno Chara last year...LIndros' name always comes up...whoever the hot free agent is, they always get a rumor they are going to Toronto. It's just wishful thinking for Leafs and their fans

Actually Lindros did end up in Toronto, but hey who doesn’t want great player on there team. So why would JFJ not try to get any player he can. If the other teams aren’t doing it it's there problem.

But I know what you mean man If you would listen to RDS (French sports network you would here that every time a French dude might switch team or just that is contract is ending soon they always say its a done deal but nothing actually happen. so I say it's just the media having fun off there own.
and with the new NHL who knows what comming up

Go leafs Go by the way
Novie Posted - 03/16/2007 : 05:37:54
Is it just me, or does EVERY Free Agent, every year, ALWAYS have a report somewhere that they're going to Toronto? It was Wade Redden/Zdeno Chara last year...LIndros' name always comes up...whoever the hot free agent is, they always get a rumor they are going to Toronto. It's just wishful thinking for Leafs and their fans

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
bablaboushka Posted - 03/15/2007 : 20:52:56
I could see that happening, JFJr. has a knack for signing veteran, overpaid greed buckets.
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/15/2007 : 20:09:22
IN MY DREAMS hehe

Go leafs Go by the way
Kashmire Posted - 03/15/2007 : 19:54:48
I don't like Smyth. I like him when he is in blue and copper best. doesnt seem like he would fit in on the leafs. I don't know why I think that.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page