Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 To Support the Leafs?,or Not to Support the Leafs?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
juice32 Posted - 03/29/2007 : 09:47:55
Anyone can correct me here if i'm wrong but I have a prediction about why the leafs won't spend any big bucks on getting some DECENT talant (paying 5 min for Kubina dosn't count).

I was at a Leafs game a while back, it was a Tuesday night and they were playing Boston (not a great team). The place was packed!! The Leafs sell out almost every game, yet the fans will still continue to support them (I'm guilty of it too). Even after trying to scrap into the palyoffs year after year.

Now,

Do Leafs management now know that the fans will continue to support the team, no matter what type of team they put on the ice?? Is this the reason were limping into the playoffs more times then none??
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest6269 Posted - 03/29/2007 : 19:54:58
I've been a Leaf fan for 30 years and I have to say, this is the first year I've had a hard time cheering for them. Frankly, I'm not very excited by the team JFJ has assembled and I'm not very optomistic about their future with Ferguson at the helm. Maybe I'm finally old enough to realize the uniform doesn't change the ability of the player wearing it; if I watched Andrew Raycroft or Matt Stajan, etc playing for another team I'd say "He's not that good.", why should I view them differently because they're Leafs? In past years I'd be cheering fervently for the Leafs to get into the playoffs; this year I can't help but think the best thing for them would be to miss the playoffs and fire JFJ and replace him with someone competent. Maybe then the Leafs could have a team I wouldn't have a problem cheering for.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 03/29/2007 : 15:53:09
Its hard not to support your childhood team. I know Babs did it and Ive herd few others but I just can't. I love the Leafs and I can't give them up. Sometimes I think I am the biggest leafs fan out there, sometimes I don't. I don't know, to support them or not. To answer you, my answer is... HELL YESS. LEAFS ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Patchy Posted - 03/29/2007 : 15:43:08
Juice, I was just wondering why you were saying "year after year".

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Mikhailova Posted - 03/29/2007 : 15:13:35
To Support the Leafs, or Not to Support the Leafs:
That is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
and by opposing end them?

...it's the latter. End the trouble of supporting an 11th-place team with useless players and a crappy GM. Don't support the Leafs.
Novie Posted - 03/29/2007 : 14:23:20
quote:
Originally posted by juice32

What i'm saying is that im management (especially JFJ) continue to spend money on usless players (Kubina, Gill) and sign washed up players to crazy contracts (McCabe, Raycroft).

Raycroft isn't old enought to be washed up

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
juice32 Posted - 03/29/2007 : 10:54:44
Yes Patchy,

I'm well aware of the 100 and 103 pt seasons. What i'm saying is that im management (especially JFJ) continue to spend money on usless players (Kubina, Gill) and sign washed up players to crazy contracts (McCabe, Raycroft). Then we are in for another bout of "limping into the palyoffs" or not even making it at all!!
Patchy Posted - 03/29/2007 : 10:47:35
We've only missed the playoffs once in the past i don't know how many years, maybe this year we won't, but if you go back a few years we had 100, 103 pts I would'nt call that "limping into the playoffs". Now maybe we're just having a few rough years since the lockout, and yes JFJ needs to get his act together, but really just becuase we didn't make the playoffs last year and possibly this year doesn't mean we should pack it in forever.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Lrocker Posted - 03/29/2007 : 10:24:59
Gee, I don't know, perhaps you could hold a seance and ask Ballard what he would do in that case?
The owners are a pension fund. They are responsible for making money. Even Cherry mentioned this. They are only interested in making money. the do not care about hockey.

"Bye Bye!" John McLaughlin

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page