Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Kubina to Blackhawks?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kashmire Posted - 08/01/2007 : 15:31:30
Ok, I closed the link accidentally but I don't think I need it seeing as how leafs will trade kubina to any team that will want him. Apparently people say(or think?) that the leafs have been shopping Raycroft, Stajan, and Kubina. This is most likely true. Now they are saying Kubina could go to the Hawks. I think it's going to happen. Veteran defensemen with more years ahead of him. Could lead the Hawks PP aswell. And wouldn't Khabibulin be on great terms with Kubina after the cup and everything especially when Kubina was one of his ex-top defenders? I am confident that this could come through. I am not believeing in what were getting untill we get it though. I know that Dale Tallon isn't an idiot either and I don't expect the leafs to run off with a steal. I do, however, think this will be one hundred percent worth it. I am almost certain that this will happen.

Hopefully I won't get shot down to bad...
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PuckNuts Posted - 08/06/2007 : 12:22:50
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

Has this site just gone to only talking about the Leafs?
There's 29 other teams in the league!
We can talk about them too!

You are in the Toronto Forum, so I guess we will talk about the Leafs...

There is an area for San Jose, but I see you have not posted anything there lately...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

SlowShot Posted - 08/05/2007 : 22:52:39
Latest I heard was him going to edmonton. Not sure what it would be or though

Pickup hockey pool
PainTrain Posted - 08/02/2007 : 20:08:08
Has this site just gone to only talking about the Leafs?

There's 29 other teams in the league!

We can talk about them too!

No Sacrifice , No Victory!
PuckNuts Posted - 08/02/2007 : 05:54:32
He is arbitration today...

Why do we want to give up so much for one player, a young D, a seasoned first line D, and a goalie that is a starter...Does LA really want to pick up 7 mil in salary for two players?

I never said I did not want him, we just do not need him...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Kashmire Posted - 08/01/2007 : 21:50:40
This guy could be better than Wellwood though... This isn't some kind of move to take the cup either. Come 09/10 or 10/11 he will have made all the difference.

Ok, so let's say the leafs got him in a trade. Something invloving Williams/harrison, Maybe a 3rd, Kubina and Raycroft. Would you be happy? And if not that what do you think it would take to get him with what we have? Don't forget he is from Toronto, leafs were his favourite team, and many players would like to play with the leafs at some point. Oh well, I guess it's just to good a fit to be true
PuckNuts Posted - 08/01/2007 : 21:41:10
The Leafs could trade every player they have for players that some people think may be great...

Or as a leaf fan, and follower since 1965, I have seen the Leafs give up so much for so little so we can quickly win the Cup...I think it is obvious that does not work...no cup since 67...

We have some great up and comming players that we need to keep, and build around...

If every year you trade to make the team better you are just chasing your tail with UFA's at such a young age...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Kashmire Posted - 08/01/2007 : 21:33:06
C'mon, why so negative?[B)

Kings are potentially looking at 29 teams in the league. Wouldn't you like to see Cammalleri in a leafs uni? Or are you just sour with all the rumors around the net and don't want to believe easily? That's probably it. I guess I can't blame you. Still, I think we have some good things going. I'm thinking Kubina woud be the building block to this trade while we are able to package it more.

Kubina
Harrison
Raycroft
How is that?

Isn't the offer worth it if my assumption is correct and he is asking for too much? Then if they do sign him, pull out. And I'm not throwing Kubina on the chopping block because I don't like him. But we are rich with yougn defensmen. And Kubina is JFJ's decision. That's not crystal itself, either

This is from the 25th. At the end they aren't very clear on how they are going to handle this.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=214609&hubname=nhl
PuckNuts Posted - 08/01/2007 : 21:25:13
One link is from July 10...the other is from Aug 1...but all I read is that :

Tallon admits that he is looking to bring in some “more grit at wing and on defense” before training camps begins in September...

Then “It’s pretty quiet now, and it should stay that way for a while,” Tallon said.

Nothing about the Leafs ???

- - Marshall McLuhan

Kashmire Posted - 08/01/2007 : 21:06:17
They have a quote from the GM so I don't know what is so made up about it all.
PuckNuts Posted - 08/01/2007 : 20:39:37
"Rumormethis", does that not tell you that it is all made up...Yes they will get lucky and get one right...But how many did they get wrong...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Kashmire Posted - 08/01/2007 : 20:31:15
And there are possibilities with the Isles too, http://rumormethis.com/sources/media-outlets/newsday/options-a-plenty-for-islanders-to-add-defenseman

There are potential trades with any teram that's looking for a defencemen since JFJ want's the cap space.
Kashmire Posted - 08/01/2007 : 20:29:46
This is still somewhat alive though, http://rumormethis.com/sources/journalists/tim-sassone/blackhawks-gm-looking-to-make-moves
PuckNuts Posted - 08/01/2007 : 19:03:57
Thanks for the link, it was what I was afraid of...

HockeyBuzz likes to post rumours, sometimes they get lucky and they come true, ever notice how they put quotes around what they have to say, but never quote an actual GM...

That is why I never take it to be much more that a reporter trying to make news rather than reporting the news...There is a difference...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Kashmire Posted - 08/01/2007 : 18:55:51
I think Kubina should stay too. You are right and he was just getting used to the new coaching system. I'll get the link lol. It's an Eklund report so I don't know how satisfying that is... He doesn't always get the stuff right... He has predicted almost if not every move the leafs have made this off season though. We need some cap space.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=1

^^ there its is PuckNuts, and everyone else interested. I think it could definately happen. I'm trying to think of alternatives right now to relieving some cap space.
PuckNuts Posted - 08/01/2007 : 17:12:06
We can all come up with all kinds of trades, especially as the Toronto media does...

Not everyone wants to see Kubina leave, he played one injury plagued season with us, and if you watched any games he was one of the Leafs best defenders at the end of the season...

It is always great to have a link, if you have a link more people will be interested in what the actual information might be...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page