Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Leafs Line-up 07/08

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kashmire Posted - 08/12/2007 : 21:10:12
Ok, it's been pretty bland around the forums for a while. Being a Leafs fan I chose to make this new topic. Work with the current roster.

Centres:

Mats Sundin
Kyle Wellwood
Nik Antropov
Matt Stajan
Alexander Steen
John Pohl
Boyd Devereux

Left Wingers:

Alexei Ponikarovsky
Bates Battaglia
Chad Kilger
Jason Blake
Mark Bell

Right Wingers:

Darcy Tucker

Defenseman:

Tomas Kaberle
Bryan McCabe
Pavel Kubina
Carlo Colaiacovo
Ian White
Hal Gill

Goalies:

Andrew Raycroft
Vesa Toskala
Scott Clemmenson
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
vancouber Posted - 09/14/2007 : 17:07:27
I hope the leafs can trade Raycroft use Clemenson as back-up and save a bunch of money to pick up a free agent later on. I think once Bells' trouble is concluded perhaps we have aquired as strong young player who will contribute lots in the future. I would be happy to see Leafs in the playoff this year!
PuckNuts Posted - 09/14/2007 : 13:41:30
With Bell suspended I would like to see Gamache get a chance, he has allot of offence to offer...

Blake - Sundin - Ponikarovsky
Antropov - Wellwood - Tucker
Kilger - Steen - Bell (Gamache)
Battaglia - Pohl/ Stajan - Devereaux

Kaberle-Kubina
Mccabe-Colaiacovo
White-Gill

Toskala 45 games
Raycroft 37 games

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

leafsfan_101 Posted - 09/14/2007 : 12:34:48
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6973

This is not a prediction. Paul mentioned this at a dinner meeting last night.

1: Blake Sundin Tucker
2: Poni Wellwood Antropov
3. Bell Pohl Steen
4. Kilger Stajan Battaglia

He is keeping the D the same as last year, at least through training camp. I asked him about the goalies, but he woulnd't budge.

You should hear the trade JFJ has on the table, came in last night.

Do you know why this set of lines makes sense? Because Poni is a left winger. LOL sorry but I have to stress that since most of you put him as a RW.

Open your eyes
vancouber Posted - 09/13/2007 : 22:45:19
Yes please tell me what trade JFJ has on the table hope it dumps Andrew R. cause I do not think he can do the Job period. As for Bell Beckman did him a 15 game suspension, which I feel is not very appropriate considering all this poor kid has to do !
leafsfan_101 Posted - 08/25/2007 : 11:12:23
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6973

3. Bell Pohl Steen

He is keeping the D the same as last year, at least through training camp. I asked him about the goalies, but he woulnd't budge.

If we should hear about this trade mind telling us what it is??

Open your eyes.
Guest6973 Posted - 08/25/2007 : 09:56:47

3. Bell Pohl Steen

leigh Posted - 08/19/2007 : 20:23:17
Bell is serving his time in the summers so it shouldn't interfere with his play. And he should have no problem cracking this line up! He'll play.
OILINONTARIO Posted - 08/19/2007 : 17:39:31
Oh, he'll make the team all right. If he can only............. No. I can't do it. No joke here. I genuinely feel sorry for the guy and what he's been through. Hope it was a character building experience for him, in the way that MacT's past helped him become a better person. Sincerely. Best of luck, Mr. Bell.
PuckNuts Posted - 08/19/2007 : 17:17:51
So you do not think that Mark Bell will make the team...

- - Marshall McLuhan

number1leafsfan Posted - 08/19/2007 : 17:14:39
Forwards

Blake - Sundin - Antropov
Ponikarovsky - Wellwood - Tucker
Kilger - Steen - Stajan
Battaglia - Pohl - Deveraux

Defemsemen

Kaberle-Kubina
Mccabe-Gill
White-Colaiacovo

Goalies
Toskala
Raycroft

Line 1: Very Good Offense but thought to say if its antropov or ponikorovsky. Solid First defenseve line

Line 2:This will also be a great line with wellwood to pass to tucker for the goal Defense isnt bad but gill better do something this year

Line 3: This will be a good line with stajan steen and kilger all young and talented players. Defense is also very yound and good

Line 4: this is just like the 3rd line young and talented nothing else to say here

Goalies: Toskala will start for raycroft but they will almost play the same amount of games ill guess toskala will play 52 and raycroft plays 30

I am what I am- Sid The Kid
Guest4738 Posted - 08/19/2007 : 07:37:28
Blake - Sundin - Poni
Bell - Wellwood - Tucker
Steen- Stajan - Antropov
Kilger - Deveraux - Pohl

Kaberle - McCabe
Colaiacovo - Kubina
White - Gill

Toskala
Raycroft
Guest6078 Posted - 08/17/2007 : 08:50:12
Blake - Sundin - Antropov
Poni - Wellwood - Tucker
Bell - Stajan - Steen
Kilger - Pohl - Battaglia

Kaberle - McCabe
Colaiacovo - Kubina
White - Gill

Toskala
Raycroft

1st line
Sundin is really going to enjoy Blakes speed and everyone knows that he enjoys playing with Antro. Sundin and Antro are beasts in the corners and Blake loves crashing the net. It sounds like perfect chemistry to me.

2nd line
Maurice has stated already that he wants to use Welly in his natural position... centre. With Poni coming off a career season in goals should have a great start with Welly. Tucker, loves to score off the right wing and everyone knows how Wellwood always finds him especially on the PP.

3rd line
Stajan came off a career season aswell and he seems to have great chemistry with Steen. I'm sure Steen will really try to explode from the gates to avoid a repeat of last seasons start. Bell is bound to turn heads this year. We all know he's good for 20 goals and he will add toughness to this line. Stajan may be big but he's not a scraper and Steen does get pushed around once in a while.

4th line
I love this line! They have such great work ethic. They don't make pretty plays but some how they put the puck in the net. Pohl adds a little flare and has potential of scoring 20 goals .... but not on the fourth line.
Battaglia and Kilger could both get 12 to 15 goals this year.... what else could you ask for from a fourth line.

Defense
Same as last year. I would expect Kubina to get a little more PP time. I don't think Maurice fully used his capabilities last season.

Goalies
Here comes Tosky!! He knows he's under pressure and he wants everyone to know that he is a starter.
As for Raycroft, I think he'll play a lot better with a little competition... and less games. Last year Maurice over worked him.

Can't wait for the season.
Kashmire Posted - 08/15/2007 : 21:04:48
With the Bell case and all I'll make myself an alternate line-up.

LW - C - RW

Kilger - Steen - Bell
Battaglia - Stajan - Devereaux/Pohl/Williams

Noticed after third line it was turning into PuckNut's lines.. So be it, it's the best i can do unless we move a top 7/8 forward...Clears things up alot more.

Kaberle - Kubina
McCabe - Colaiacovo
White - Gill

Toskala
Raycroft

I wish our top 6 forwards were more clear It's such a pain to decide on which ones go on the top two lines.
OILINONTARIO Posted - 08/14/2007 : 16:31:34
Is it too early for Leafs' fans to start saying "Wait 'til next year"?
leafsfan_101 Posted - 08/13/2007 : 17:23:12
I didn't meen to sound to take it personally I was just trying to make a point. Srry Kash my words were harsh.

Open your eyes.
Kashmire Posted - 08/13/2007 : 16:54:50
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

Stunted its growth. C'mon you put Tucker on the 4th line. Ohh ya he will be effective with 6 or 7 minutes a night. And you put Poni on the top line as a right winger. He's left-handed. Steen could get the second center spot. He went on a tear towards the end of last year. Wellwood could make Second Line Center too though. But to say I STUNTED the growth, thats just plain stupid.

Look at your lines. Putting Tucker on the last line and Poni at the wrong position. Kaberle and McCabe won't play together except on the PP, common Leafs knowledge to most fans. Steen and Wellwood are both centres and wont change to the wing unless they play with Sundin. If Maurice did the moves you did he would get a public backlash and a crummy 4 lines. open your eyes.

Fan of Leafs Nation

Open my eyes? Ponikarovsky is a strong player positionally and being left-handed shouldn't hurt his gameplay. Are you insulted that I said you had stunted the growth of the team (mainly the prospects)? Wellwood is a second liner on any team in the NHL. Putting him on the third line is a worse mistake than Tucker on the fourth, yes, after thinking about it I admit he would be most beneficial on the second or third.
With Wellwood around Steen should be pushed to the wing.. He's a waste on the third line and Wellwood is a smarter player for the centre position. Wellwood deserves that spot much more than Steen.
McCabe is a better player than Kubina. If McCabe left and was replaced by Kubina the team would really regret it. McCabe isn't all that bad on defense either. He's had some mess ups, sure. And I do know that both McCabe and Kubina will have their chances to play with Kaberle.
I wouldn't say you need to open your eyes but you shouldn't take things so personally.
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 08/13/2007 : 16:31:20
i thought more among the lines of this

1st line
LW:Blake C:Sundin RW:Wellwood
Defence Kaberle McCabe
2nd Line LW: Ponikarovsky C:Stajan RW: Tucker
Defence: Gill White
3rd line LW: Steen C:Kilger RW. Antrapov
Defence:Coliacavo Kubina
4th Line LW:Bell C:Deveraux RW: Pohl

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<

The Passion That Unites Us All
leafsfan_101 Posted - 08/13/2007 : 16:06:01
Stunted its growth. C'mon you put Tucker on the 4th line. Ohh ya he will be effective with 6 or 7 minutes a night. And you put Poni on the top line as a right winger. He's left-handed. Steen could get the second center spot. He went on a tear towards the end of last year. Wellwood could make Second Line Center too though. But to say I STUNTED the growth, thats just plain stupid.

Look at your lines. Putting Tucker on the last line and Poni at the wrong position. Kaberle and McCabe won't play together except on the PP, common Leafs knowledge to most fans. Steen and Wellwood are both centres and wont change to the wing unless they play with Sundin. If Maurice did the moves you did he would get a public backlash and a crummy 4 lines. open your eyes.

Fan of Leafs Nation
Beans15 Posted - 08/13/2007 : 10:58:32
I hate to say it Leafs Fans, but none of the combinations look like a Stanley Cup condending team. I think the Leafs will join the likes of Montreal, Carolina, NYI, and Washington fighting for the last playoff spot.

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
Kashmire Posted - 08/13/2007 : 10:19:46
leafsfan_101, you've stunted the growth of the team by putting Wellwood down on the third line. He's our third forward...
This is my top 6 forward list:

Sundin
Blake
Wellwood
Ponikarovsky (These guys are
Antopov pretty even for now)
Tucker (altough it might be smart to put Steen in his place for even strength to develope and regain confidence)
leafsfan_101 Posted - 08/13/2007 : 08:33:06
Steen had a solid second half last year so he should get good playing time on the second line. As much as I would love to see Poni on the first line it wont work because he is a left handed shot. Maurice likes Antropov and strangly enough I think this is his breakout year. My lineup looks like this:

Blake-Sundin-Antropov
Ponikarovsky-Steen-Tucker
Bell-Wellwood-Pohl
Kilger-Stajan-Deveroux/Battaglia

Line 1: The Big Line- Blake and Sundin will work well together and Antropov will get lots of garbage goals. But don't think Blake will feed Sundin every oppertunity he gets or vise versa, these guys will take it to the net themselves with the other somewhere getting ready for the pass. Antropov wil be a big body to move in front of the net and will benefit from that.

Line 2: The Potential Line- Poni came off a great season last year. Im only putting Steen here because of his great year last year, but Wellwood could easily get the centre position. This line wont put as many pucks in the net but will be a solid two way line.

Line 3: The New Line- This is basically a line just formed. I have no idea about how well Bell will play with two playmakers like Pohl and Wellwood. Their should be instant chemistry between Pohl and Wellwood though.

Line 4: The Line with no minutes- These players will play roughly between 6-7 minutes a night, with Stajan being on the PK alot. This line will act as a line that plays against theother teams 3rd and 4th line.

Kaberle-Kubina
Mccabe-Colaiacovo
White-Gill

If the defence stays healthy it will be like last year, a solid defence.

Toskala
Raycroft

Toskala will get the majority of the games but Raycroft will gt in at least 25 before getting traded.

The key to this year will be the goatending. Yes offensivly we will be a bit better but are the same for the most part. If Toskala plays well we should manage a 7th or 8th playoff spot.

Fan of Leafs Nation
PainTrain Posted - 08/13/2007 : 08:04:32
Just a question for you Leafs Fans. Alexandre Steen has a lot of potential agree? So why wouldn't you want to give him more ice time so he can improve?

No Sacrifice , No Victory!
PuckNuts Posted - 08/13/2007 : 05:20:22
Both look not to bad, except for Tucker. At 3.0 mil a year we did not sign him to get 3rd line minutes, I would have him in Steen's spot...

Kilger - Steen - Bell
Battaglia - Pohl/ Stajan - Devereaux

Kaberle-Kubina
Mccabe-Colaiacovo
White-Gill

Toskala 45 games
Raycroft 37 games

- - Marshall McLuhan

SlowShot Posted - 08/12/2007 : 21:56:19
What you think the line-ups will look like? im going like this

Blake-Sundin-Wellwood
Ponikarovsky-Antropov-Steen
Devereux -Stajan-Tucker
Kilger-Pohl-Battaglia

Kaberle-Kubina
Mccabe-Colaiacovo
White-Gill

Toskala starting

Line 1- HUGE offensive threat. All those three on a line is a big boost for the leafs because Blake can score Wellwood can playmake and sundin can do both.

Line 2- The skyline with three tall big players they could be a threat. With Antropov and Ponys chemistry and if Steen wasn't afriad to get the puck and get back to his rookie form they would make a strong second line.

Line 3- If bell can net 20 goals and tucker 20+ they could be a good offensive checking line.

Line 4- Like kashmire said Deveruex is a good gritty player who was a big plus near the end of the season. Also with Kilger who lead the leafs with the most checks last year and Pohl who tries his heart out they could be a solid 4th line.

For the goalies im gona say trade raycroft not that they would be a bad tandem it's just that i hate to spend so much on two goalies.
Kashmire Posted - 08/12/2007 : 21:53:44
LW - C - RW

Steen - Wellwood - Antropov
Bell - Stajan - Devereux
Kilger - Pohl - Tucker

Kaberle - McCabe
Kubina - Colaiacovo
White - Gill

Starter: Toskala
Backup: Raycroft

Now the analysis.

Line 1: Good size. Sundin will be a smart two way centre. Blake will fit well with Sundin and, I think, build nice chemistry with Ponikarovsky. Ponikarovsky will benefit and prove that he deserves the 1st line winger position over Antropov.

Line 2: Strong second line scoring. Wellwood is just so creative and will be able to feed Steen fast passes. Antropov will be a plus for size and skill. Overall pretty solid two way and smart offensively. Hopefully Steen will start playing better offensively.

Line 3: I really liked Devereux last season Him and Stajan provide a really nice third line scoring punch. With Bell there, it will be easy for any of them to set up plays. Not your typical shutdown line but I'd bet that they will produce well.

Line 4: Shutdown line. Maybe I should call it "Checking Line". Can score goals while wearing down the opposing team. I really like this line, despite the fact that a player of Tucker's calibre is on it. Probably needs good ice time to work effectively.

Defense: Same as last year. Just more healthier and more experienced.

Goaltending: Don't over play Toskala and the tandem should work well. Don't give up on Raycroft.
PuckNuts Posted - 08/12/2007 : 21:37:00
That looks like the line-up so far...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page