Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Where does Antropov fit in?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kashmire Posted - 09/03/2007 : 15:24:39
Well, the NHL all know how Antropov has been the Leafs experiment for some time now. He has been developing pretty nicely but I still don't like his money or points, or health for tha mattter. So, what I want to know is where you would put Antropov in your favourite teams lineup.
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex Posted - 12/16/2007 : 16:27:56
Antropov takes a lot of heat and manages to stay in the kitchen and get things boilin'. How's that for a way to put it?

Habs get number 25 this year
Bleeding Blue and White Posted - 12/16/2007 : 16:09:05
I think Antropov fits in with Sundin and Ponikarovsky. Antropov has picked up a few points and is doing better then he normally does.

~Long Live the Leafs~
Antroman Posted - 12/14/2007 : 23:45:06
Now Fella's, Are you absolutely sure that Antropov can't be on your pool team? Three more first assists tonight and a plus 4 in a 4-0 game. He was the only player on the team at plus 4 and still gets no respect. He wasn't even picked as a star of the game? I hate to belabor the point but, he ain't as slow as he appears!!!! It is too bad Maurice tried to make him a center for something like ten games because he probably would have at least 8 more points than he has now.
Jeremy12 Posted - 12/14/2007 : 16:29:14
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Antropov would fit in really good...................in the Russian Superleague!!

I can't see him being more than a third line player. He just doesn't have the skills to pay the bills.

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.

what Antropov have you been watching this season?
He's tearing up the scoring, he just needs two more points to tie his total points from last season and it took him 54 games to do that. And he just need three more goal to tie his total from last year

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
Alex Posted - 12/11/2007 : 15:19:26
Oh, we have a poet among us!
*WE ARE NOT WORTHY< WE ARE NOT WORTHY*

Antroman Posted - 12/10/2007 : 20:09:48
JING JING JING JING JING JING JING LOOK AT OUR ST. NICK,
JING JING JING JING JING JING JING WHO SAID THAT HE AIN'T QUICK,
JING JING JING JING JING JING JING THEY SAID HIS PLAY WAS SICK,
JING JING JING JING JING JING JING BUT HIS GAME IS REALLY SLICK.

"Merry Xmas From Saint Nick Antrpov"

Alex Posted - 12/10/2007 : 19:06:06
Antropov is good, on a bad team. I think he definitely could be a lot more with a better support group, starting with people cutting him some slack.

Antroman Posted - 12/07/2007 : 12:11:54
28 pts in 28 games. I would say that is "pool worthy" production. This total is with Maurice jacking him around for half of those games.
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/07/2007 : 12:02:52
In my 10 team pool, I have Kaberle and Sundin too. I also have Blake. I'd rather have Antropov than Blake this year, but I'd rather have most of my other players than Antropov,

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Antroman Posted - 12/07/2007 : 08:34:36
This is a small pool list. We have nine forwards - four defencemen - two goalies and a three man taxi (position optional). Along with this we have a thirty man prospect list for rookies and prospects. This pool has been active since 1985. I was lucky enough to get in it in '87. We can protect nine players off our roster each year and in the draft the maximum we can lose is three then the balance of your team is frozen. We have a separate draft for the rookies just like the NHL. Unfortunately I do not have Antro but I wish I did. We have 15 teams in our pool and Antro would make a nice addition to the bottom half of my starting nine at the moment. It is not a good idea to have more than two players from one team because a team slump can kill you? I already have Sundin and Kaberle so aquiring Antro through trade really isn't a good option at this time.
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/07/2007 : 07:27:10
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

Now, are you absolutely sure that Antropov can't make your pool team?

Not with the guys I have. Is he better than Thornton, Iggy, Spezza, Datsyuk, Malkin or St. Louis?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Antroman Posted - 12/06/2007 : 22:32:49
Now, are you absolutely sure that Antropov can't make your pool team?
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/03/2007 : 12:33:16
He's also a lot younger than Antropov. His body has barely finished developing.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Alex Posted - 12/02/2007 : 17:59:16
Yeah but think about it

Last year he missed 20 games. That wont happen again. Its gonna be less and less. He's becoming a stronger player.

Kipper for Lundqvist?
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/02/2007 : 17:39:40
Like he grew out of his groin injury a couple weeks ago?

GO PREDATORS GO
Alex Posted - 12/02/2007 : 17:38:46
Spezza won't either

He's growing out of it.

Kipper for Lundqvist?
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/02/2007 : 15:17:19
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

He won't get injured again. Personally, he's over it.

Kipper for Lundqvist?

I've heard people say this about guys like Spezza and Rick Nash too.

GO PREDATORS GO
Alex Posted - 12/02/2007 : 09:13:25
He won't get injured again. Personally, he's over it.

Kipper for Lundqvist?
nashvillepreds Posted - 12/02/2007 : 08:35:01
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Call me crazy, he and Sundin are the reason I love hockey so much.

I just love the way they battle in the corners. Their amazing strength and reach, uncanny hockey sense, and the way they cycle down low -- I love it!

I play on a team where everyone wants to lug the puck up the ice, only to take a weak shot from nearly behind the net. No one passes.

These guys make hockey played the way it's supposed to be played seem like an art.

His only fault is his lack of enthusiasm. But who said you gotta be into it? The smartest players don't let their emotions guide them. Ever seen Lecavalier's face when he plays? He looks asleep.

There you go. My shocker of the month. Antro is inspiring. I know people will be attacking me for that and quoting it left right and centre. Sue me.

Kipper for Lundqvist?

When I watched the guy a year ago, I almost never saw him in the corners. This season, the reason behind his sucess I think is that he is battling in the corners, he is blocking shots, he is screening the goaltender he is driving hard to the net.

I think this "new Antropov" is here to stay, at least until he gets another bad injury.

GO PREDATORS GO
Alex Posted - 12/02/2007 : 07:13:24
Call me crazy, he and Sundin are the reason I love hockey so much.

I just love the way they battle in the corners. Their amazing strength and reach, uncanny hockey sense, and the way they cycle down low -- I love it!

I play on a team where everyone wants to lug the puck up the ice, only to take a weak shot from nearly behind the net. No one passes.

These guys make hockey played the way it's supposed to be played seem like an art.

His only fault is his lack of enthusiasm. But who said you gotta be into it? The smartest players don't let their emotions guide them. Ever seen Lecavalier's face when he plays? He looks asleep.

There you go. My shocker of the month. Antro is inspiring. I know people will be attacking me for that and quoting it left right and centre. Sue me.

Kipper for Lundqvist?
Antroman Posted - 12/02/2007 : 07:02:13
Thanks for that post Alex because I sometimes feel like I am on an island when talking about Antro. I have through cajoling and insistance finally got my friends to admit that he is a better player than allot of people ever gave him credit for. If a person would just stop an watch him play and how he plays all over the ice you would be very much surprised at what you'd be seeing. He is, despite his handicaps the consomate team player.
Alex Posted - 12/02/2007 : 06:33:26

[/quote]

Why what is the problem, 20 points in 22 games, not bad for a third liner.

He has a point in each of his last three games...

[/quote]

Guys, just LOOK at some of the first liners in this league! The problem is we live in Toronto, where the media is. In the same province is the biggest 1-2-3 punch in Alfredsson Spezza Heatley. Don't let that be what you're comparing to. Look at a whole bunch of teams in the NHL, and Antropov is producing more points than their first liners.

Which brings me to my next point, namely, who gives a flying rat's a$$ about points. (I thought that was funny.)

Sure, this is fantasy hockey, so we all love our numbers. But Antropov isn't half as slow as people label him, he has size, he does have a long reach and is good along the boards, and I think he, slightly, completes big Mr. 13

Kipper for Lundqvist?
Antroman Posted - 12/01/2007 : 22:02:56
Hey Guys, My down trodden hero Antro is making noise again. Four points in the last two games. Are you sure he can't make your pool team? I am glad Maurice has come to his senses and put him back on the wall with Sundin. That little experiment of having him at center was starting to ruin his good season and with having the two reconstructive knee surgeries he is safer on the right side than at center. He is more vulnerable to getting low bridged in the neutral zone playing in the middle.
nashvillepreds Posted - 11/28/2007 : 14:15:38
You know who can also score 50 goals on an amazing team? Darcy Tucker. Antropov isn't as slow as he seems but he is still pretty slow. Yes he was the wipping boy of the maple leafs for a few years. Who else are the leafs fans going to rant about?

I'm actually starting to respect Antropov's play, he looks like he can be a 60 point player so far this season. The main issue with him is injuries. I don't think anybody in your pool will pick him up, he's bound to get injured at somepoint. He also hasn't proven he can keep up his scoring pace. 1 goal in his last 13 now I believe. i'm confident now that without injuries this season, he can get about 55-60 points at least.

GO PREDATORS GO
SuperSakic Posted - 11/28/2007 : 07:41:05
I am probably one of the last people to say any praise about the TMLs. I live in TO and can't stand to watch them or even hear about them. Except to hear that they had a another loss. It puts a smile on my face when I hear them lose another one. With that said, Antropov is the only guy on the whole team (maybe Sundin as well), who seems to be scoring with any kind of regularity. On a team that is as crap as the Laughs, he really has surprised me! And as Antroman said: Antropov has been the whipping boy for the fans for a longtime now. I also like to see underdogs do well. And I must say that he is probably THE biggest underdog in league. No one has picked him up in my hockey pool yet. They choose to hang on to guys that are scoring 8-10 goals. Everyone keeps saying that he's made of glass and he will nose-dive. However, lets say for the sake of argument that you know he will remain healthy for the entire season. Now, do you change your mind of him? Do you think he will continue to put up the points that he is putting up, or will you simply find another excuse to justify your opinion of him?
My belief is that he's a good power forward, who on a good team could score 50+ goals. Although I don't want to believe it, I must say, sadly, that this guys is actually a good player
Antroman Posted - 11/27/2007 : 20:37:38
Hey Nashville, I'm not sure myself? Probably a little of both. I know he is slow but not as slow as he appears to be because of his long awkward stride. He had a pretty good game tonight but I've seem him a bit better. Nice play on Sundin's tying goal and a real bad shoot-out attempt.
nashvillepreds Posted - 11/27/2007 : 14:38:57
I can't tell if you were being serious or joking? I'm bad with sarcasm

GO PREDATORS GO
Antroman Posted - 11/26/2007 : 18:55:20
Ok Nashville - You're right and I'm not. Gill is ultra slow and a defenseman. I don't think I can ever forgive myself for being so wrong about my favourite player. Please forgive me and I'll never make the same mistake again.
nashvillepreds Posted - 11/26/2007 : 16:22:07
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

Nashville Guy, In all seriousness, really watch him play. He is not as slow as he appears. He wouldn't be killing penalties and checking in the final minutes of a game if he was. I'm not saying he is a great player but like I said in my post I like underdogs and he has battled through those serious injuries to become an effective player. The Leafs had no choice but to give him that amount or he would have been signed elsewear. I became a fan of his simply because of the way he was being shat upon by everyone and he has now proved allot of people wrong. Sorry, but now is a bad time to be praising anyone on this team but I am loyal to a fault. I guess it is just my nature but I just naturally defend some players who are trying as hard as they can and are being subjected to bad treatment when it isn't totally justified.

Playing on the leafs penalty kill or being the one checking in the lasts minutes of the game doesn't say much for the leafs. You don't need to be fast to be a penalty killer. Hal Gill kills a lot of penalties doesn't he?

Antropov is exactly as slow as he seems. I think 4 years of seing him play s enough to make up my mind about that one.

GO PREDATORS GO
Antroman Posted - 11/25/2007 : 08:33:47
Hey Pucknuts, To be honest I think you are right on the money. Antropov to me is more effective along the wall in both ends of the ice. I agree with you in regards to him being a bad pick at that spot in the draft. The Leafs took a chance by taking him as their first pick and building him up to be something that he could never achieve. That seems to be the Leafs legacy I'm afraid. Bad decision after bad decision. I have no dillusions of grander for big Nick. I just like him for the reasons I gave in the previous posts.
PuckNuts Posted - 11/25/2007 : 06:35:40
As a Leaf fan I expect a lot more points from Antropv.

He has improved over the years but injuries have been his bigest hurdle, not the fact that he is not a great skater.

At best he is a 50 point player if he plays all 82 games at center, that is not good enough for a 10th pick overall...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Antroman Posted - 11/24/2007 : 22:37:30
Nashville Guy, In all seriousness, really watch him play. He is not as slow as he appears. He wouldn't be killing penalties and checking in the final minutes of a game if he was. I'm not saying he is a great player but like I said in my post I like underdogs and he has battled through those serious injuries to become an effective player. The Leafs had no choice but to give him that amount or he would have been signed elsewear. I became a fan of his simply because of the way he was being shat upon by everyone and he has now proved allot of people wrong. Sorry, but now is a bad time to be praising anyone on this team but I am loyal to a fault. I guess it is just my nature but I just naturally defend some players who are trying as hard as they can and are being subjected to bad treatment when it isn't totally justified.
nashvillepreds Posted - 11/24/2007 : 13:45:43
I wouldn't take a third liner for 1.9 million.

No disrespect but Antropov, a steal for that much money? The guy isn't a point per game player. He's only going to get injured again and his long stride doesn't make him seem slow, he is slow. He almost never wins a race to the puck unless the opposing players are 5 yards behind him. He has to play more physically, for his size, he doesn't have much body mass.

I do have respect for him, just for 1.9 million?

GO PREDATORS GO
Antroman Posted - 11/23/2007 : 22:31:23
I really tried to stay out of this one but I kept returning to read the posts and can't really keep quiet forever. You see, Antropov is my favourite player. Gulp!!!!!! First, I can't help but root for underdogs. When Nick joined the Leafs he was a scawny stringbean with long spindly legs and not much of a grasp of the English language. He came from a poor family in Kasakhstan but managed to find himself interested in the game of hockey. Because of his lack of skating ability he played the game by using his intelligence and a very long reach. When he was eligible for the draft the Leafs took a chance that he would fill out and become a stronger skater as he matured. Unfortunately he came over to the NHL a little too soon and more resembled an awkward baby giraffe than an elite #1 pick in the draft. He was soon to be the laughing stock of the Toronto media and others around the league and booed unmercifully by the fans in the stands. Because he was not ready to play he suffered many injurys, the worst of which resulted in two re-constructive surgeries on both knees. But he persevered through everything including the pain, boos and jokes to become the player he is today. I can't begin to tell you how good a player he has become but he has never been a minus player since entering the league. He plays in all situations including penalty killing and powerplays. He can skate faster than he appears because of his long and awkward stride that makes him look ultra slow. He was a point a game under Pat Quinn down the streach during Quinn's last year and played exclusively with Sundin and Ponikarovsky on the first powerplay unit. With Maurice it has been pretty much the same. He has learned to use his long reach, size and strength to overcome his lack of foot speed and is used in all situations. There is not a team in the league who wouldn't take him and at 1.9 mil he is a steal cap wise. Coming from so far behind and fighting all that adversity along the way is the reason I like Antropov. A real underdog for sure.
OILINONTARIO Posted - 11/23/2007 : 16:09:31
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

About Antropov though. Can anybody seriously say that Antropov will still be 3rd in goal scoring by the end of the season? No he won't be. He'll be tied somewhere between 15th-20th.

Very optimistic, I'd say.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs.
PuckNuts Posted - 11/23/2007 : 14:15:00
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

How's Antropov looking to everybody now?
I knew this wouldn't last
GO PREDATORS GO

Why what is the problem, 20 points in 22 games, not bad for a third liner.

He has a point in each of his last three games...

- - Marshall McLuhan

nashvillepreds Posted - 11/23/2007 : 13:19:10
How's Antropov looking to everybody now?

I knew this wouldn't last

GO PREDATORS GO
nashvillepreds Posted - 10/25/2007 : 15:30:43
and Kashmire, I like the habs jsut as much as i like the preds.

GO PREDATORS GO
nashvillepreds Posted - 10/25/2007 : 15:08:50
I'm sorry everybody who thinks I absoloutly hate the leafs and their players. I don't by the way. Sundin is probably my favourite player. If anything, blame my parents for moving back to Montreal until I was 8.

About Antropov though. Can anybody seriously say that Antropov will still be 3rd in goal scoring by the end of the season? No he won't be. He'll be tied somewhere between 15th-20th. Has Antropov worked very hard for these goals he's scored? No he hasn't. He gets set up by Sundin or Blake or Somebody else.

Also, he's probably the slowest hockey player I've ever seen.

I only trash talk the leafs because almost all their players deserve it, like Antropov. No disrespect to leaf fans, but seriously. I only say bad things about bad players and players who have made bad moves, that's all I have to say 'till somebody disagrees with me on this one.

GO PREDATORS GO
PuckNuts Posted - 10/25/2007 : 14:57:03
Antropov is now playing center...

Short ,and to the point, that is why he is playing better, and will have fewer injuries...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page