Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Flamers new unis

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
OILINONTARIO Posted - 09/05/2007 : 17:49:57
Apparently, the Calgary Flames new uniforms have the Canadian flag stitched to one shoulder, and ALBERTA'S FLAG on the other! Hopefully, I'm not the only native of the capital city of Wild Rose Country that finds this abhorrent. The provincial government of Alberta should be petitioned to reverse its decision to approve this atrocity! I thought Ralph Klein was out! Maybe this was his last act as Premier to show his loyalty to his hometown? Ridiculous!

The Oil WILL make the playoffs.
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
OILINONTARIO Posted - 09/09/2007 : 20:23:14
quote:

And here is a bet for you Oil. I will bet you that if the Oilers get more points then the Leafs this season I will change my avatar to the Senators logo for the entire playoffs and all of the offseason next year. If the Leafs end with more points you must change your avatar to a Flames logo for the same amount of time. Deal??

Open your eyes

Yeah. Deal.

OILINONTARIO Posted - 09/09/2007 : 15:48:11
It wasn't the Flames organization that set the limit to one year. It was the NHL. I know I might have set a bag of $h]T on fire, but I'd be interested in what Beans's take on this is, from the powderkeg, if there even is one. Whatsup in AB?

Mikhailova Posted - 09/09/2007 : 15:09:11
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9957

Why have the patches been approved for only one year if it is nothing more than a show of patriotism?

Maybe they weren't sure whether they wanted to keep them or not, so this was the test-out year to see if they liked 'em.

quote:
I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way.

Beans is an Oilers fan. Wonder what he thinks.
OILINONTARIO Posted - 09/08/2007 : 13:48:44
Yeah, that was me, if you hadn't guessed.

Guest9957 Posted - 09/08/2007 : 13:47:06
I think that certain people do not have a full understanding of the rivalry between Edmonton and Calgary. It extends way beyond hockey, but oftentimes gets expressed through a passionate hatred of the others' NHL team. Pre-WHA expansion, there was a bitter rivalry between the Eskimos and Stampeders. A lot of it stems from both the fact that the cities are inextricably linked by one, long, straight, boring highway, and that Calgary is the larger, more America-like city, yet Edmonton is the Capitol, and the city more linked with true Canadian culture. Why have the patches been approved for only one year if it is nothing more than a show of patriotism? I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way.
Kashmire Posted - 09/07/2007 : 21:04:46
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

Do you honestly think that the people who had the ideas for this thought "Hey putting flags to represent our Country and Province might piss off the Oilers Lets do it!"

Yes I do.

Wow, when stupidity hits it hits hard. How could this possibly be a stab at the Oilers?? Its an Alberta flag. The Flames play in Alberta. Is Calgary not worthy enough to use the flag but the sh**box Oilers can.

If Leafs fans can be biased and narrow minded then an Oilers fan must be as dumb as s*** on a stick.

And here is a bet for you Oil. I will bet you that if the Oilers get more points then the Leafs this season I will change my avatar to the Senators logo for the entire playoffs and all of the offseason next year. If the Leafs end with more points you must change your avatar to a Flames logo for the same amount of time. Deal??

Open your eyes

This is a forum, not a playground..
Mikhailova Posted - 09/07/2007 : 20:22:17
I think if a team plays in a province, it's perfectly OK for them to wear the flag on their jersey...If the other team in that province wants one too, go ahead and get one.

The Blue Jackets have Ohio's flag on their alternate jersey. If a team was added in Cincinnati or something do you think they'd care?

leafsfan_101 Posted - 09/07/2007 : 20:10:25
quote:

quote:

Do you honestly think that the people who had the ideas for this thought "Hey putting flags to represent our Country and Province might piss off the Oilers Lets do it!"

Yes I do.

Wow, when stupidity hits it hits hard. How could this possibly be a stab at the Oilers?? Its an Alberta flag. The Flames play in Alberta. Is Calgary not worthy enough to use the flag but the sh**box Oilers can.

If Leafs fans can be biased and narrow minded then an Oilers fan must be as dumb as s*** on a stick.

Open your eyes
Canucks Man Posted - 09/07/2007 : 16:08:42
quote:

quote:

Yes I do.

Well then you are not a true fan of the game, you are just a hater

CANUCKS RULE!!!
OILINONTARIO Posted - 09/07/2007 : 16:05:02
quote:

Yes I do.

Canucks Man Posted - 09/06/2007 : 21:12:39
quote:

It's a pick at the Oilers. Nothing more, nothing less. The Habs and Leafs were around long before any current team in Canada, so they had claim to our national symbols. Cowtown has had capital envy of Edmonton for a long time, and this is how it has finally manifested itself. Don't forget, when the NHL came to Alberta, the only Flames were in Georgia.

Its a pick at the Oilers? Your kidding right? Its a flag on the shoulder of a hockey jersey, big deal. It has nothing to do with the Oilers. Do you honestly think that the people who had the ideas for this thought "Hey putting flags to represent our Country and Province might piss off the Oilers Lets do it!" Hell No! If the Flames want to show their pride let them do it. I simply cannot believe the fact that you think that Calgary people thought whats a way to piss off Edmonton, Oh right put Flags on the Flames jerseys. Give your head a shake.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Mikhailova Posted - 09/06/2007 : 19:47:15
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8985

and couldn't imagine living in the U.S no offence to any members who do.

We own Hawaii

Neener neener

Kidding
Mikhailova Posted - 09/06/2007 : 19:45:21
quote:

The Habs and Leafs were around long before any current team in Canada, so they had claim to our national symbols.

The Canucks...

BTW, why is this in Toronto's forum?
OILINONTARIO Posted - 09/06/2007 : 16:31:05
It's a pick at the Oilers. Nothing more, nothing less. The Habs and Leafs were around long before any current team in Canada, so they had claim to our national symbols. Cowtown has had capital envy of Edmonton for a long time, and this is how it has finally manifested itself. Don't forget, when the NHL came to Alberta, the only Flames were in Georgia.

Guest8985 Posted - 09/06/2007 : 16:15:40
Oilers fan here here BTW,

I have no problem with it but in my mind I think it looks ugly, not to diss Alberta or Canada because I love them both and couldn't imagine living in the U.S no offence to any members who do.
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 09/06/2007 : 15:23:02
http://bp2.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/Rt20w5XYM_I/AAAAAAAABwk/zFMp_y-v1yE/s1600-h/roadshoulderright.png

http://bp0.blogger.com/_r8tWGVHrjGI/Rt21BZXYNAI/AAAAAAAABws/MWo0FD9Wb0o/s1600-h/roadshoulderleft.png

Heres a Pic of both shoulders....

Forecheck+Backcheck=Paycheck
Mikhailova Posted - 09/06/2007 : 15:21:50
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Hey Mik! Welcome back! missed ya!

Ya I took a little break for part of the summer since not much was going on. Might not be on too much in mid September when college starts but I'll be back after that.

quote:
Although I wonder if the NHL approved it because they new it would enflame a bitter provincial rivalry.

Good choice of words
leigh Posted - 09/06/2007 : 14:56:02
Hey Mik! Welcome back! missed ya!

Good point on Toronto. Also the Canadiens have the name. The Canucks are slang for Canadians. It's really no big deal I think. Nothing wrong with a little provincial/national pride.

Although I wonder if the NHL approved it because they new it would enflame a bitter provincial rivalry. It can't be bad for business. Lot's of other province/states have multiple teams so maybe they're testing the waters to see if it gets people talking....or maybe it's nothing.
Mikhailova Posted - 09/06/2007 : 14:48:27
The Leafs have the maple leaf--Canada's symbol--on their jerseys and the rest of the country doesn't seem to mind.
leigh Posted - 09/05/2007 : 20:23:11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently, the Calgary Flames new uniforms have the Canadian flag stitched to one shoulder, and ALBERTA'S FLAG on the other! Hopefully, I'm not the only native of the capital city of Wild Rose Country that finds this abhorrent. The provincial government of Alberta should be petitioned to reverse its decision to approve this atrocity! I thought Ralph Klein was out! Maybe this was his last act as Premier to show his loyalty to his hometown? Ridiculous!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're kidding right? If the Oilers want the flags on their jerseys they can get them too. Calgary doesn't own the rights to them. It's the country and province they hail from. Whats the big deal?

Apparently it is only for 1 season. I don't know why though. Here is more info... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=217590&hubname=
PainTrain Posted - 09/05/2007 : 19:17:34
Do you have a link OILINONTARIO?

No Sacrifice , No Victory!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page