Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Paul Maurice

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 02/20/2008 : 05:10:06
Should Paul Maurice be blamed at all for the Leaf's problems this year? Is it at all his fault or has he just been dealt a very bad hand?

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4741 Posted - 03/02/2008 : 10:41:28
Now I did say no it's not his fault he has a bad team there is half truth in that no I do not think its his fault but I also think he does have a pretty decsent team when they want to be there are times when yes i do thik the leafs are slacking off but hey now when you have your captian on a role as you do your goalie playing great they may have a shot at this but they have to be consitent they cannot afford to loose to teams like Tampa Bay they need to keep it up
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 02/21/2008 : 14:45:49
Excellent point, leafs_fan 101! Peddie must go! from everything i've heard, the fact that TML was managed so badly didn't have everything to do with JFJ but had a lot to do with the Board of Directors!
You also make a valid point about the Leafs not being able to do what Atlanta/Washington did. The Leafs just aren't good.
I also agree with you that Maurice has lost the room. They play with no heart. the only reason they win games is because of Toskala. Maurice should go. but so should most of the rest of the team.

Brett Hull.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/21/2008 : 13:28:59
Contrary to what the Leafs have been saying, I think Maurice has lost the room. They are a mediocre team at best, but they play like one of the worst teams. And to what ThorntonIsTheMan said at the beginning, about the Leafs not being able to do what Atlanta did. There is a simple answer. They can't because the don't have anyone to put the puck in the net, or ride on when they need a win. ATL has Hossa and Kovalchuk. Leafs don't.

But as a side note, there is one person in Leafs management that has to go. His name is Richard Peddie. I have said it from September and I will continue with it. Peddie goes and the Leafs improve. I'm not saying that their gonna win a Cup, but they will improve.

[img]http://www.hockeywidgets.com/sig/sigs/200820165144.png[/img]
Guest9934 Posted - 02/21/2008 : 09:20:50
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

i think he should be fired because he makes bad decisions, bad lines and benches and scratches great players

eg. tucker evry night on checking line. the heart and soul of their team is played like he's some average newcomer from the minors

and he holds back my favourite goalie pogge

and he never plays raycroft because he thinks rayzor sucks when he is really good

and plays toskala as a #1 goalie when he isnt used to playing half the games, but raycroft does so i think if he wants to stay

get rid of

Sundin
Kaberle
Ponikarovsky

bring up

pogge(next year)
stralman
Mitchell

play raycroft less games than toskala but atleast give him 35 games atleast

my opinion

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

raycroft=terrible, pogge to young and will get punished with goals cause their overall defence is terrible.

Keep Toskala, backup pogge
keep Kaberle cause hes actually good, get rid of every other player. Sundin is good but does not deserve to play with s*** line mates anymore..
Guest9250 Posted - 02/20/2008 : 21:37:25
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

No way
Maurice is a great coach !!
he keeps his cool, and tries his best to have a great team
he certainly does not need to be fired.
like the old saying
"its not the cards your delt, but how you play em"
and Maurice is playing his cards the best he can.

~~~GO STARS~~~

I was happy when he was hired.......now I see him emotionless and monotone. It's crap. we need a high energy coach who is not afraid to tell it like it is. Sorry Paul I know its not all your fault...but you are nnot working out.
MarkhamMax Posted - 02/20/2008 : 21:33:08
I'd like to see what he can do under the guidance of a new GM. I like Maurice and we've seen him succeed when given the right ingredients.
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 02/20/2008 : 16:20:50
i think he should be fired because he makes bad decisions, bad lines and benches and scratches great players

eg. tucker evry night on checking line. the heart and soul of their team is played like he's some average newcomer from the minors

and he holds back my favourite goalie pogge

and he never plays raycroft because he thinks rayzor sucks when he is really good

and plays toskala as a #1 goalie when he isnt used to playing half the games, but raycroft does so i think if he wants to stay

get rid of

Sundin
Kaberle
Ponikarovsky

bring up

pogge(next year)
stralman
Mitchell

play raycroft less games than toskala but atleast give him 35 games atleast

my opinion

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 02/20/2008 : 07:08:33
I do agree with you that they will not get enormous talent for the players they have. THeir players simply aren't good enough. But they must start drafting better if they want to become a contender for Lord Stanley's Cup. As for Maurice, i do agree that the GM and the coach need to be on the same page. So maybe you are right. Maybe Maurice will be the coach next year. But i think he should have a very short leash!

Brett Hull.
PuckNuts Posted - 02/20/2008 : 07:03:53
I do not think that they are going to clean house, but some major moves will be made. That really means a couple of deadline trades, and at least one contract buy-out of one of the players with a NTC / NMC.

The problem in Toronto is too many people think that they will get an enormus amount of talent for the players they have now in a trade. If the players were that good they would not be at the bottom of the league...

I have no problem with Maurice, but when you hire a new GM he has to have the coach of his choice, both of them have to be on the same page, or the team will go nowhere. It is possible that the new GM may want Maurice, but if the team does not improve then it is an easy choice at that time to let him go...

[img]http://www.maldesigns.ca/top%2050%20since%201967%20banner.jpg[/img]
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 02/20/2008 : 06:46:13
I wish I had your confidence PuckNuts. I cannot see the Leafs cleaning house. Especially if they keep winning right now. I think they will keep aiming to make the playoffs every year instead of rebuilding a team to contend for the Stanley Cup. And if Maurice cannot ignite some passion into his players, I do not think he is the right man for the job.

Brett Hull.
PuckNuts Posted - 02/20/2008 : 06:00:27
It is not all Maurice's fault. Some of the leaders on the team do not deserve to have an "A", and they need to get the team fired up as well not just the coach. It is a team effort whether you win, or lose...

It is too late in the season to fire a coach, unless you are NJ, but I do not think that Cliff has ever been behind the bench.

The Leafs will have a new GM for next season it will be his choice to who coaches the team under his tenure, be it Maurice, or someone new, a major change to the team is coming...

[img]http://www.maldesigns.ca/top%2050%20since%201967%20banner.jpg[/img]
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 02/20/2008 : 05:55:42
I agree completely that it is too late this season! But i think it needs to be done for next season. Maurice should go, the scouting staff should go, and most of the players should go. Completely clean house. If they would do that, i would gain back a lot of my respect for the Leafs. However, i highly doubt they will do that. It would surprise me if Maurice would get fired, although i think that he definitly should!

Brett Hull.
semin-rules Posted - 02/20/2008 : 05:52:35
Thats a good point, with the ATL and WASH coaches,
it may be a little too late this season
but maybe next season would be good idea to get a fresh set of wheels

~~~GO STARS~~~
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 02/20/2008 : 05:45:55
I'm not saying he isn't doing his best. I do think that the Leafs need to have someone elses strategy because Maurice's sure doesn't seem to be working! Maybe they need someone who won't keep his cool! Someone that will inspire them to play hard every night. Because that sure isn't happening!
Look at Washington and Atlanta. Both of them had to replace their coaches at the beginning of the yearand now they are both battling for playoff spots.
It is time for a new face in TO after 2 disasterous seasons!

Brett Hull.
semin-rules Posted - 02/20/2008 : 05:41:16
No way
Maurice is a great coach !!
he keeps his cool, and tries his best to have a great team
he certainly does not need to be fired.
like the old saying
"its not the cards your delt, but how you play em"
and Maurice is playing his cards the best he can.

~~~GO STARS~~~
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 02/20/2008 : 05:39:45
I think he should be fired. Yes, he hasn't been given a very good team to work with. However, there have been times this year where the Leafs have been absolutely brilliant! Then there are other times where they have been terrible and have played with no heart at all. A coach should create some consistency, not to mention fire up his team.

Brett Hull.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page