Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Colin Campbell - Maple Leafs GM

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MarkhamMax Posted - 02/21/2008 : 13:54:54
With regard to who will eventually take on the role of Leafs GM, the 'strongest' rumor is that Colin Campbell will be the one to get the nod as General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Supporting this theory is that he has met with Larry Tannenbaum on at least three occasions:

- after Pat Quinn's departure
- during John Ferguson Jr.'s reign
- and again when JFJ was dismissed

How will you react to this news if it is made official?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Antroman Posted - 03/06/2008 : 14:07:08
Hey 8228, We need a whiner in Toronto. I am sick and tired of getting jobbed by everybody from Bettman on down and having these silent types like Ferguson and Maurice just sitting back as quiet as mouses and just taking it. It bugs my butt to put it mildly. It was great to see Antro throw his stick at Koharski and the team freak out when they had finally had it after a season of bullcrap and nobody saying anything. I think Burke and his ranting would be a breath of fresh air. We have been run by little quiet mice since Pat Quinn left. I want that passion and emotion back again and it starts with the GM. By the way, I don't blame Burke for freaking out over the Penner thing either. We absolutely need this in Toronto and I hope it happens. I also hope they pay him a major bundle of money to come here and then he will hold nothing back because the fines won't matter one iota to him.
Guest8228 Posted - 03/06/2008 : 10:23:23
It will be such a shame to have to deal with Brian Burke. I guess you have to toss it up and ask if winning is worth the constant whining? As such, he won early in Anaheim, but not prior to that.

Therefore it will be ONLY whining if they don't win.

I love the Leafs - I loathe Brian Burke. If Sundin Retires and Burke joins as GM, send someone to my house as you can expect I will be having seizures.

n/a Posted - 03/06/2008 : 07:03:49
Listening to am640, Bill Watters would have you thinking that Burke is the guy they have already picked, just waiting for the season to end to make it official.

I tend to agree, and I sure hope it is true. I would take Burke first, Campbell last. Not that Campbell couldn't work out - but as others have said, little if any experience to do the job. And Toronto's management situation is a can of worms that only the fearless and experienced should be applying for!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Antroman Posted - 03/05/2008 : 16:02:19
Burke for me. It's Burke or bust. Quinn is my second choice but I think he would just worm his way back behind the bench. Another strong rumor besides Campbell is Rutherford. Still pulling for Burke!!!!!
MarkhamMax Posted - 02/23/2008 : 10:04:26
Agreed. Of course, the Leafs say a lot of things that never see the light of day.
Who tops your Toronto GM wish list?
PuckNuts Posted - 02/22/2008 : 21:54:36
When Pettie, and Fletcher were doing their first press conference they stressed that they were only going to hire an experienced GM. Colin Campbell has how much experience?

Well he has none, so if the Leafs hire him they will be in the same mess they have been in since 1967...

Bad choice...

[img]http://www.maldesigns.ca/top%2050%20since%201967%20banner.jpg[/img]
MarkhamMax Posted - 02/22/2008 : 21:18:04
BUMP. Not sure if my poll got bumped out of view the other day...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page