Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 rebuilding/ signings

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jeremy12 Posted - 07/02/2008 : 13:46:39
Okay, this is basically for all the signings, trades, rumors, and signings, trades that you want to see the leafs do.
I making the topic because I'm also a pretty die-hard leafs fan I just don't show because, the Sens are my number 1 team before the Leafs.

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
99pickles Posted - 07/02/2008 : 21:06:53
I agree that it doesn't make any sense that one could list Ottawa and Toronto as their #1 and #2 teams.

But in the spirit of the topic:

Things Toronto can do to help themselves:

1) Stop over-paying for middle of the road, or worse yet, unproven D-men. (Finger, Kubina, and some think McCabe). And stop doing the same for forwards (Blake is a nice guy and all, but not worth what the Leafs paid). CuJo for $700k is a great price, Hagman for $3M a year I feel is the right price.

2) The significant increase of the salary cap - and therefore, the salary floor- is perhaps the biggest reason behind this year's free agent frenzy. Here's an idea for Toronto: stay near the salary floor so that you can make some noise at the trade deadline for once...or better yet, so you can make some improvements at next year's free agency. This includes buying out certain players such as Tucker (check) Raycroft (check) and Blake (soon?).

3) Don't be afraid to give up on players that are just taking too long to develop. Wellwood (check) Newbury? Battaglia (maybe?) Colaiacovo(contents made of glass, do not drop) and any one of these marginal 3rd/4th line types that they are expecting 1st and 2nd line performance from.

4) Has no-one learned anything from Anaheim, or Detroit? Drafting and acquiring (though trade or FA) are no longer the only ways to improve your team and prospects. It's time to start looking at undrafted players in the elite leagues in Europe, draftees from 2+ years ago that never signed (and therefore go to UFA status), undrafted college stars and, after the season starts, over-the-hill but well known players that will be willing to play for a huge discount just to continue their careers. These guys are great 3rd/4th liners, and some are even former champions.

5) Okay, okay, it wouldn't be too bad a thing if they sunk a ton of dough in a major superstar for a good number of years...I just don't want that guy to be either Jagr or Sundin.
Jeremy12 Posted - 07/02/2008 : 18:59:31
quote:
Originally posted by Gostarsgo12

Your a die hard Leafs fan but you also like the Sens. That must be one of the most screwed up things I've ever heard. As for what they do I just hope they do something special and do well this season so I don't have to turn on sportscentre and hear them bicker on about the leafs problems.

Ok bud Mr. Dallas Stars fan over here.

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x49/Jeremy12_24/spezza_sig21.jpg[/IMG]
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 07/02/2008 : 17:34:45
Your a die hard Leafs fan but you also like the Sens. That must be one of the most screwed up things I've ever heard. As for what they do I just hope they do something special and do well this season so I don't have to turn on sportscentre and hear them bicker on about the leafs problems.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page