Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 McCabe stays in TO

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
slapshot Posted - 06/01/2006 : 09:57:49
$5.5 - 6 million for McCabe? You have got to be joking. I have a few problems with this. Not that I care whether or not the Leafs ever succeed, but Ferguson has just flushed this next season down the toilet. Has he not been watching the playoffs unfold? In this era of the NHL, it is all about young, fast, cheap players. Where are the high priced stars in June? Golfing! After missing the playoffs he should have realized that it was time to rebuild through drafting and moving out his overpaid veterans.

McCabe had a good year, but he is still not in the category of Lidstrom, Pronger, Redden, Jovoanovski, Chara, Niedermayer etc. He is above average and should be paid 3-4 million and no more. With this signing and the Brad Richards signing, it proves that the era of overpaying players did not die - even with a cap.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Myles06-07 Posted - 11/05/2006 : 08:03:02
I think he is getting what he will continue to get for his career. But get some offense from the Leafs.
goon Posted - 06/19/2006 : 08:43:14
Check this out. Rumor has it that McCabe hasn't actually signed his contract and he knowingly asked for way too much in hopes that the Leafs would balk. Now he's stuck in TO. HAHAHAHAHAHA
goon Posted - 06/05/2006 : 10:28:30
Sorry pucker but Mitchell is not a replacement for Jovo. Not that the Canucks had a good year or anything, but they really tanked when Jovo got hurt. His size, speed, and offensive abilities are tailor made for the new nhl. Sign him at whatever cost. Dump Bertuzzi instead.
bablaboushka Posted - 06/03/2006 : 07:25:13
Whatever respect I still might have had for them as a team (I already think Ferguson is a douche bag) is now gone. There's nothing more I can say, except that I'll be taking down the Leafs flag I have in my room.
pucker Posted - 06/02/2006 : 08:15:43
To use 25% of your cap on two mediocre defensemen is ridiculous. Kaberle and McCabe will not take you anywhere in the playoffs - ever. Really bad signing by JFJ.

Jovanovski will command at least that and the Canucks won't pay it. I think his heart is in Florida with his family and he will end up signing there. If the Canucks are smart they will sign Willie Mitchell - a much different player but a good replacement for half the cost of Jovo.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page