Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Great start

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lyall Posted - 10/16/2006 : 00:42:42
Toronto is off to a great start this season. Hopefully they can keep it up. With an average of over 38 shots on net per game they are sure to keep finding the back of the net. Congrats to Mats Sundin on hitting the 500 goal mark. What a way to do it too. Shorthanded, in overtime to get a hat trick in the game. If Tucker & Sundin can keep playing like this they are sure to have a steller season. Raycroft is another key to theit success. He isn't playing as good as I think he can, but he's playing good none the less.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
oil guy Posted - 10/23/2006 : 06:54:30
since i am from out west i must by nature hate anything farther east than manitoba but i think that the leafs need to really credit Tucker as a big part of there new found success, sure Sundin is great but he always is. From what i Have seen tucker seems to have taken his game to the next level. Now will he continue? Will the leafs continue? i hope tucker does but i love to hate the leafs and hope they self destruct, or just burn out in time for the playoff cut....again.
lyall Posted - 10/19/2006 : 15:39:18
Thank you. It's good to here a little optimism. I know they are not the best team in the leaque but, I think they can light it up this year. It's good to know that not everyone want to rip them apart.
Jack Kayden 66 Posted - 10/18/2006 : 10:12:16
Lyall, I agree. The leafs could very well surprise a lot of people. Who would have picked Carolina to win it all last year. If they keep it up, they could do some damage this season.

Novie Posted - 10/18/2006 : 08:09:34
quote:
Originally posted by Donald Beckett

Toronto will not make the playoffs. Somthing will go wrong here. I am not sure what yet...maybe an injury or Raycroft starts to crap the bed. There is no way it can be sustained over the season.

As someone in another forum reminded me, their Canucks started last year at 8-1-1....we all know how THAT ended...

Go Sens
Donald Beckett Posted - 10/17/2006 : 14:56:04
Toronto will not make the playoffs. Somthing will go wrong here. I am not sure what yet...maybe an injury or Raycroft starts to crap the bed. There is no way it can be sustained over the season.

Novie Posted - 10/17/2006 : 14:24:41
Not debating they are off to a great start, but let's face facts here. They won't win their division, and might even miss the playoffs again. If having one good veteran 500-goal scorer surrounded by youth makes you a cup contender, why is nobody talking about Pittsburgh?

Only have to go back to last year to prove my point. I'm a Sens fan living in Calgary, and the Flames got off to a horrible, horrible start. They win their division! A season is not 10 games long...much like pre-season success cannot guarantee any regular season wins.

Go Sens
goon Posted - 10/17/2006 : 08:26:05
So why is what I said not true?

Tucker and Wellwood would be nowhere without Mats. Tucker is a grinder with just enough skill to notch 20 goals. Without Mats he would be nothing. When Mats went down with the injury last year, was it Tucker who stepped up? No, it was Eric Lindros of all people.

And Wellwood? Don't go pretending you are Don Cherry now. Lets just say Wellwood is not the first nor the last average player who wins the lottery and is given loads of ice time with a guy like Mats.

Raycroft has played well, I will give you that. But lets see how consistent he is over the next 20 games or so. And Peca, well its way too early to be predicting a playoff run for the Leafs.

I never said Sundin was the whole team, but seriously, think about what the team would be if he gets injured again.

lyall Posted - 10/17/2006 : 00:05:33
That's not really true at all. What about Tucker & Wellwood? Raycroft has a 93.6 Save % & he has way more potential. McCabe & Kaberle are 2 all star bliue liners. They got Peca as well, & he is out at the moment. he probably won't perform until the playoffs. But never the less Toronto has a lot more going for them then just Sundin. He's an amazing player & great leader but there is no way he is the whole team.
goon Posted - 10/16/2006 : 10:31:59
Ya they are doing better than many thought, but it is early and they will still struggle to make the playoffs. Give credit to Sundin though, without him the team would be nothing.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page