Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Leafs send Tellqvist to Phoenix

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
luckyluc Posted - 11/28/2006 : 11:36:45
TSN is reporting that the Leafs have traded Michael Tellqvist to the Phoenix Coyotes for Tyson Nash and a draft pick.

I don't think this is the answer to the Coyotes' problems. The Leafs get a no skills version of Darcy Tucker, meh... better than nothing.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4785 Posted - 12/16/2006 : 15:31:15
I could put money on it he would still be better then Alfredsson. JKS
Novie Posted - 12/14/2006 : 07:29:29
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4681

Nash will never rip it up sorry leafs fans, he is a character guy and fill in on the 3rd or 4th line.

He'll be a 2nd line superstar on this team...

Go Sens
Guest8346 Posted - 12/14/2006 : 07:16:43
I think you guys are missing the real key points of the trade for Toronto.
First, they free up a roster spot and wasted money being paid to a goalie who never had much success in Toronto and was never liked by fans. J-S Aubin has been solid, so Tellqvist becomes highly expendable.

Secondly, they get a 4th round draft pick. This will likely end up being a victory for Toronto, unless Tellqvist has been hiding some big-time skill... doubtful, though.

Tyson Nash is nothing but a throw-in; a little salary dump for Phoenix. He'll add a bit of depth and some energy to the team (we all know how the Leafs enjoy their energy players), but nothing else.
Guest4681 Posted - 12/13/2006 : 23:06:01
Nash will never rip it up sorry leafs fans, he is a character guy and fill in on the 3rd or 4th line. But in the case of the trade, at least they got something for him, cause would they not have had to put him on waivers and wait for him to clear in order to be shipped to the Marlies? And in that case he would have just got taken up by some random team, like how the Nuck's took Sabourin from Pittsburg, and I think that is how Ottawa got Morrison from Edmonton last year.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/13/2006 : 22:37:28
you never know what if Tyson Nash rips it up if he called up
1 Crosby fan Posted - 12/13/2006 : 16:35:36
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4069

hahahahhaahahahahhahah lol this kills me we gat a player that cant produce or even play in the nhl.

toronto is my favorite team but i have no hope for them

Guest4069 Posted - 12/13/2006 : 15:50:13
hahahahhaahahahahhahah lol this kills me we gat a player that cant produce or even play in the nhl.

toronto is my favorite team but i have no hope for them
Guest4785 Posted - 12/12/2006 : 15:32:46
i really think the leafs could a got alot more if they packed him up with a young defenceman such as bell or harrisson. this could give them a chance to do what calgary did and possibly get a guud scored for sundin to play with.
Ryan Harper Posted - 11/28/2006 : 14:28:33
Because of the cap's restrictions, I think we will see very few meaningful trades and plenty of these meaningless trades.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
basic0 Posted - 11/28/2006 : 14:15:24
You never know, Nash could turn out to be like the Hal Gill signing: better than expected...but I wouldn't bet on it. Sportsnet's player page for Nash says he takes dumb penalties and is injured way too often. That sounds like something the Leafs REALLY don't need. Are they just going to stick him with the Marlies?

This trade doesn't seem to solve any of the problems for either team involved..I'm scratching my head on this one: what was the point?
bablaboushka Posted - 11/28/2006 : 13:17:28
I don't see the point of this for either team.

JFJr. is an idiot. This is a case and point of why I stopped liking the Leafs.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page