Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 New Oilers coach, who should it be?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gusteroni Posted - 04/29/2009 : 09:58:38
Who should be hired as the next coach of the Edmonton Oilers?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest8854 Posted - 04/30/2009 : 17:39:21
nobody mentioned above.....or no exoiler thank you very much!!!
Guest6196 Posted - 04/30/2009 : 12:44:29
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Perry Pearn. Worked with Tom Renney in New York and Jacques Martin in Ottawa. He was supposidly in line for the Florida Head Coaching Job before DeBoer was hired. Plus, he had ties to Edmonton from coaching the NAIT Ooks for a number of years.

Seems like the young, non-experienced coaches are hot right now. He's my bet.

But I would not be surprised to see one of Renney, Crawford, or Quinn behind the bench either.

It's really a crap shoot. The Oilers are notorious for having a head coach that no one expected.

Has Edm talked about having Pearn as a coach. I think that would be great. His ties are to St.Albert.
Gusteroni Posted - 04/30/2009 : 11:00:36
If I had a second choice (I chose Quinn) I would pick Brent Sutter as well. However he is signed for 1 more year and if he left the Devils I don't think Lou Lamoriello would allow him to coach any other NHL team. If he does leave I have heard he would be back here to coach the Red Deer Rebels (WHL), I would not mind that either as they have been terrible without him.

"There are only two seasons. Hockey season and not hockey season."
Bozonator Posted - 04/30/2009 : 07:35:16
I've heard of that alot. But I think Quinn did a really good job at showing people that he can coach at a younger level like he did with the U-18's and at the World Jrs. He could surprise many.
n/a Posted - 04/30/2009 : 05:45:06
Lol, I am on the same page as you guys with the Crawford thing - can't stand him either - which is why the Oilers just might pick him!

Like Beans said, they are known for making unexpected moves . . . personally, I don't think Quinn would be a good fit with that youngish team. Sutter might be good, don't know anything about the guy Beans mentioned.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Bozonator Posted - 04/29/2009 : 21:18:58
Oh Man do I agree! Anyone but Crawford.

If the rumours are true and Brent Sutter will no longer be the Devils coach to be closer to home, then him for sure. If not, I'd like to see Quinn.

Jephman Posted - 04/29/2009 : 18:17:01
I'm hoping it's going to be Brent Sutter. I think I remember him saying he wanted to be loser to home. If not Brent, it's a toss-up for me.

I just hope to God it's not Crawford, I can't stand that guy.
Beans15 Posted - 04/29/2009 : 13:57:07
Perry Pearn. Worked with Tom Renney in New York and Jacques Martin in Ottawa. He was supposidly in line for the Florida Head Coaching Job before DeBoer was hired. Plus, he had ties to Edmonton from coaching the NAIT Ooks for a number of years.

Seems like the young, non-experienced coaches are hot right now. He's my bet.

But I would not be surprised to see one of Renney, Crawford, or Quinn behind the bench either.

It's really a crap shoot. The Oilers are notorious for having a head coach that no one expected.
DangleFest89 Posted - 04/29/2009 : 13:47:50
kinda hope Sutter will come here
Gusteroni Posted - 04/29/2009 : 12:03:58
If you do choose other it would be nice if you could please write who your option would be. Thank you.

"There are only two seasons. Hockey season and not hockey season."

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page