Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Scott Nichol

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest8888 Posted - 12/22/2006 : 15:32:42
Scott Nichol recently recieved a 9 game suspension for his hit on Jaroslav Spacek. Is this suspension reasonable?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blubberboy Posted - 12/25/2006 : 18:32:58
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4689

You know what. This is all a load.
Bertuzzi got suspended because his hit for a whole season!!
They said BERTUZZI broke his neck. Fake. They jumped on Bert so that is what broke his neck. I don't get it. I don't get it.

Anyway, I picked yes.

Go Canucks
leigh Posted - 12/25/2006 : 13:52:09
No, no, I'm not saying it was the injury that was the difference (although it's hard to think that the NHL didn't take it into consideration) I'm saying that Bertuzzi actually "planned" to go out and take it too Moore. To us laymen there are 3 levels of criminal activity, each progressively more serious:

- accidental (3rd degree)
- reactionary or passion (2nd degree)
- pre-meditated (1st degree)

Bertuzzi's was pre-meditated because he came off the bench and hunted Moore down, and even after Moore cowardly refused, Bertuzzi committed the crime. Nichol, on the other hand, acted out in a crime of passion; what I mean is that he struck out immediately in reaction to having been taken out into the net. If he had not reacted right away but waited and planned his attack then his crime would not have been any different than Bertuzzi's.

As a side note, I personally think that both suspensions were too heavy for first time offenders.
Guest0309 Posted - 12/25/2006 : 13:10:19
Too me, that was the exact thing that Burtuzzi did. Sure Spacek didn't get hurt but it was the intent that matters. They say that burtuzzi's was suspended because of the intent not on the fact Moore was injured. The NHL needs to find some consistancy in givin out suspentions. Not give guys suspentions depending out if the victum was injured or not. Clearly burtuzzi and Nichol wanted to hurt Moore and Spacek and it was aimed for the head therefore the suspention should be handed out according to those facts. Not if the victum is injured or not.
leigh Posted - 12/25/2006 : 00:34:39
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4689

You know what. This is all a load of crap!!
They said BERTUZZI broke his neck. Crap. They jumped on Bert so that is what broke his neck. I don't get it. Screw this crap. You suk NHL. Anyway, I picked yes.

The difference (besides the obvious injury) was that Bertuzzi's was pre-meditated whereas Nichols' was reactionary. It's the difference between 1st and 2nd degree.
Guest4689 Posted - 12/24/2006 : 22:22:25
You know what. This is all a load of crap!!
They said BERTUZZI broke his neck. Crap. They jumped on Bert so that is what broke his neck. I don't get it. Screw this crap. You suk NHL.

Anyway, I picked yes.
framer87 Posted - 12/23/2006 : 12:48:02
Thats a good punishment I'd say

Go pens
Trevman12 Posted - 12/23/2006 : 06:48:12
I think that it is pretty reasonable.
Guest6575 Posted - 12/23/2006 : 05:40:16
Sounds about right for his unexplainable betuzzi type actions, luckily spacek wasn't that badly hurt, but it was selfish and dirty, and they should lift the instagator rule, so someone could come and defended their player in need. And send Nichol a phsical punching of a life time, since that is what he deserves. Eye for an eye, Nichol you pansy, can't wait for someone to sucker you right back in the jaw.
Mikhailova Posted - 12/22/2006 : 18:19:40
Yeah, I said it's reasonable too.
bablaboushka Posted - 12/22/2006 : 17:40:06
This should be in the "User Polls" section. I will move it.

My answer is yes.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page