Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 best top line

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4541 Posted - 01/08/2007 : 17:21:18
What team has the most talented top line?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PuckNuts Posted - 01/14/2007 : 21:04:21
Nothing like the old days were players played the entire year togather or even a few seasons.
Remember the GAG line, Jean Ratelle, Vic Hadfield and Rod Gilbert, they accomplished something I don't believe will happen again. Do you know ?

After all tomorrow is another day...
-oil-country- Posted - 01/14/2007 : 17:00:48
quote:
Originally posted by Azeman

i think detroit because lidstrom has that wicked slapshot to but the pucks at the net and holstrom(who is wayyyyy better than smyth)stands in front

all HOLMSTROM does is stand in front of the net and hope his skilled defense can get it through to the net Smyth works his ass off fighting for position,tipping pucks,puck retrieval he does everything on the Oilers powerplay other than take one-timers from the point
Azeman Posted - 01/14/2007 : 09:26:50
i think detroit because lidstrom has that wicked slapshot to but the pucks at the net and holstrom(who is wayyyyy better than smyth)stands in front and then they also have zetterberg and datzuk to put the pucks in the net. Atlanta's top like is just goal scorers and all they want to do is score so there isnt any passing involved

GO WINGS GO!!!!
bablaboushka Posted - 01/13/2007 : 13:19:37
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4306

you know what angers me.. whenever a poll is put up and theres not an option to choose "San Jose" or any of San Jose's players you bitch about it not being up there, get over it bablaboushka

Quite the statement from a Guest who has no reputation or established opinion about anything on this site...

I make note of it because I don't understand, as a big fan of San Jose but most importantly as a fan of hockey, how one of, if not the most talented team in the league constantly gets disregarded. This team, because of its lack of exposure, gets completely ignored. It isn't just San Jose either, most people forget about Nashville when talking about the top teams in the league, who by the way are 3rd in the NHL for points and have a comparable record to that of Anaheim's when factoring in GP.

I can understand how Nashville gets disregarded because not only are they in a small, secluded market but they don't have any flashy players on their team (with maybe the exception of Kariya). So it makes sense that they aren't in this poll, but anything about talent or balanced attack or best overall team, Nashville should be considered for, no questions asked. But for San Jose to be ignored? I don't understand. Not only did they boast the top two offensive awards last year (Art Ross - Thornton, Rocket Richard - Cheechoo), they also played a Canadian team in the playoffs. This, if nothing else, should have gained them exposure to hockey fans north of the border who otherwise may not often hear about SJ. I mean how can you not include a team whose top line includes those two players mentioned above? Does that make sense to anyone?

So basically to respond in a few sentences, I'm getting annoyed when people don't include San Jose in polls where they at least deserve recognition, if not deserve to win. If nothing else, I just want people to notice this team and get used to the fact that they are, and will be for many years to come, a DOMINANT force in the NHL. Don't add them to a poll to appease me, make use of your common sense and at least consider this team which is more than well-deserving of any recognition it does get.
Guest4734 Posted - 01/12/2007 : 23:07:12
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4541

What team has the most talented top line?

um... Neew YOrk Rangers! geeeeeeee
Guest4306 Posted - 01/12/2007 : 22:59:25
you know what angers me.. whenever a poll is put up and theres not an option to choose "San Jose" or any of San Jose's players you bitch about it not being up there, get over it bablaboushka
Guest1435 Posted - 01/12/2007 : 22:29:53
Iginla, Langkow, and Tanguay, that line has it all defensive and offencive power
Guest1435 Posted - 01/12/2007 : 22:26:58
spare me.its simple, calgary has the top line of the leage
-oil-country- Posted - 01/12/2007 : 22:03:03
quote:
Originally posted by Crosby Rules

If this poll is based on talent it would be a close call between ottawa and buffalo but bufallo will defintately get more votes because the sabres have been winning and their top line has been providing. But for Ottawa, their top line has been providing (when spezza was healthy) but their team hasn't so it will reflect poorly on them.

Heatley and Alfredsson have been doing better since Spezza's injury
Crosby Rules Posted - 01/12/2007 : 06:23:55
If this poll is based on talent it would be a close call between ottawa and buffalo but bufallo will defintately get more votes because the sabres have been winning and their top line has been providing. But for Ottawa, their top line has been providing (when spezza was healthy) but their team hasn't so it will reflect poorly on them.
bablaboushka Posted - 01/08/2007 : 17:53:02
This is not in the right forum, it should be in User Polls. Changed.

How can you not include San Jose? As long as they've been healthy, it's been Michalek-Thornton-Cheechoo. If this is based on talent and not just stats, this line definitely challenges any other for the best.
Mikhailova Posted - 01/08/2007 : 17:39:31
Buffalo

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page