Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Building a franchise

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Crosby Rules Posted - 01/13/2007 : 15:17:04
Which young star would you build a franchise around?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
-oil-country- Posted - 01/14/2007 : 16:49:09
I wouldn't really call Briere "young" like he's not old or anything but he's been around since 97-98 and all the others are all in there first or second year, i picked Ovechkin cause for similar reasons to babs. The Caps are in 12th in East (Pittsburgh got 2 games on them) and pretty much Ovechkin is carrying this team with some help from Semin,Zubrus and Clark(who really surprised me) and pretty good goaltending from Kolzig
Mikhailova Posted - 01/13/2007 : 18:30:57
Hmm..good point babs. I was expecting the Pens to do really well with Sid on their team, and when they weren't that gave me the impression that they didn't necessarily need him to be the best, but now it occurs to me that the Pens are just so bad that without Crosby they'd be getting crushed. They certainly are a lot better off with him.
bablaboushka Posted - 01/13/2007 : 16:55:18
Well I don't know about you guys, but to bring a team like Pittsburgh, which except for a couple rookies blows chunks, up to 13th place from what would certainly be a cellar team, is quite the accomplishment to me.

If you don't understand think of it this way: The Pens are 13th in the East, which may sound bad but at even at that, it's only 3 points out of a playoff spot AND they have 3 games in hand on TB who are currently in 8th. There is no way they could even be contenders to make the playoffs without Crosby.

I'm no Crosby-lover, don't get me wrong. But c'mon, the numbers don't lie. Pittsburgh may have a few good players but they are one of the worst TEAMS in the league. For one player to be able to lift them like this, I find incredible. Malkin couldn't carry this team.
Mikhailova Posted - 01/13/2007 : 16:35:15
I picked Malkin. I didn't pick Crosby because, although he certainly has the talent to score tons of points and goals, the Pens are 11th in the east and were last in the NHL last year with him on their team. He's a very skilled and accomplished individual player, but you don't necessarily need him on your team to be the best.
bablaboushka Posted - 01/13/2007 : 16:03:15
I think it's unfair to say Crosby would just sulk and whine in the dressing room, no one knows what he's like in there (not even you IHC). Just because he took whiny penalties last year doesn't mean he's like that off the ice this year.

I picked Crosby for the simple fact that if for any reason I decided to trade him later, I could probably get more in return than for the others. I certainly did not pick him because I could justify NOT picking any of the others.

As for Latendresse, too early to tell, but I'm sure he won't have the same impact any of the others will/have already.
Kashmire Posted - 01/13/2007 : 15:45:35
I voted Ovechkin. I bet all Crosby can do in the Dressing Room is sulk or whine. Ovechkin is all-around better in my opinion.
Crosby Rules Posted - 01/13/2007 : 15:18:41
Guess who I voted for

GO CROSBY!!!!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page