Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Is Hockey Day in Canada needed

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jmsmorris Posted - 01/19/2007 : 17:19:52
Is Hockey Day in Canada really necessary? Why?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tiger Posted - 01/21/2007 : 15:33:36
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4044

aren't you american?

that does't mean I don't think its a good thing. I like hockey so if someone is celebrating it then that is good to me.
Guest4044 Posted - 01/20/2007 : 17:48:46
aren't you american?
Tiger Posted - 01/20/2007 : 15:33:44
the question isn't if this is canada's national sport. If you want to start rapping about that please create a new post. let's stay on topic gang.

Hockey Day in Canada = goodness

Mikhailova Posted - 01/20/2007 : 14:00:02
Well it's clearly not Holland's national sport and Canadians play it more than anyone, so even if it wasn't made up there it should be the national sport in the sense that it is the most popular sport and part of Canadian culture. Eh?
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 01/20/2007 : 13:56:42
Hockey wasn't made up by a canadian, so how could it be made our national sport?

It was a dutch boy who made it up.

I HATE CROSBY
leigh Posted - 01/20/2007 : 12:19:26
Is it necessary? No. Is it a good thing? ABSOLUTELY!

It brings a tear to my eye at least a couple times throughout the day; hearing stories about people who give up so much so that the kids can play the game, how a simple little game can unite a community. What's not to love?! I've been playing organized hockey since I was 4 years old. I like to think of hockey as my 'escape'. The rink is the one place where I can completely take my mind off of any trouble I may have at the time and immerse myself in the moment. And to be able to celebrate that with others one day out of the year is a gift as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't have to be an official holiday, it doesn't even have to be on TV. It just has to be.
ED11 Posted - 01/20/2007 : 11:48:04
They are actually looking into changing it into hockey. I think it's stupid that hockey isnt already the national sport. Everyone knows it's Canada's game...
Mikhailova Posted - 01/20/2007 : 11:45:40
In SUMMER, lacrosse is Canada's official sport. Hockey's still the national sport though, isn't it?

BTW--lacrosse is Maryland's state sport. Tons of kids at my school play.
Guest4849 Posted - 01/20/2007 : 10:36:15
Actually..........hockey is not Canada's national sport......lacrosse is the official national sport........
Mikhailova Posted - 01/20/2007 : 08:48:05
Yes! It's necessary just because it's a time for you Canadians to sit back, have some fun, and watch hockey all day. Actually, that sounds like a typical day in Canada anyways

Heck, I'd give anything to go to a Hockey Day in Canada and you're wondering if it's NECESSARY?! lol We really need a Hockey Day in the USA (hey that even rhymes, lol). I wish we'd have something like that here, then maybe more people would realize hockey beats football by a mile.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page