Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Phoenix Coyotes - New City?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hockeylover Posted - 10/13/2010 : 15:19:31
Do you think Phoenix is gonna move?
36   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sahis34 Posted - 10/24/2010 : 10:32:51
they lose money when they go to europe, also players can't practice when there on a plane

Go OILERS Go!!!
irvine Posted - 10/23/2010 : 23:56:11
@ Utemin

The NHL are not going to move the Phoenix Coyotes to Europe.

If the NHL were to expand in to Europe, it would be a very, very slow process that is a long time away.

Also, they would need more than one team in Europe to begin with. Otherwise, it just doesn't work from the get go.

They would have to have two separate divisions. North America and Europe.

Teams can not travel across the ocean every day, for a game in Helsinki then back to California for a game two days later. Over and over. It's just not realistic.

They would need a number of teams in Europe, who compete against each other all year with the winner playing against the North American NHL's Stanley Cup Champ (or North American Champ), then playing with the EU Champs for the Cup.

It's never happening. Any of it. Atleast, i hope not.

Irvine/prez.
Utemin Posted - 10/23/2010 : 23:14:21
Eventually they will move since the NHL owns the team..
The NHL is also trying to expand to Europe for some reason (N=National........) so they might try and move it to create a new team there.
But with a lot of Bankrupt teams around they might just remove 2 from the league.

The Monkey is me
Pasty7 Posted - 10/18/2010 : 11:41:48
quote:
Originally posted by Odin

quote:
Originally posted by ToXXiK1

Patsy:

I'm referring to the constant giving in to the province of Quebec by the Feds, no matter what party they are from or represent. The Quebec gov is asking for taxpayers to pay for the arena, I'm just saying there's a whole lot of other teams that would like theirs paid for as well.
But, that isn't going to happen for the rest. It'll be interesting to see what the outcome of this will be.

Toxxik, we are completely on the same page. Every other city has had to pay thier own way, Quebec should and HAS to do the same thing, otherwise people are going to freak. Problem is that, even if they do fund their own arena, it will STILL be with taxpayer $ since we send them billions every year in tranfers. Isn't that enough?

I agree 100% guys my only point was this is not the blocs doing it is Jean Charest who has promised Quebec tax payers money and is trying to get Harper to match. And i agree there is enough money in quebec and enough potential they should be seeking an outside invester. For example a company like Gadoua (big big bread company in Quebec) companies like this could should be the ones asked to invest and then put their name on the rink, because lets face it, The Bell center in Montreal has liturally hundreds of events besides hockey going on in the building, Concerts , Shows the Cricus all sorts of things, quebec currently has no suitable place to host such events, hence the rink is a great investment and should be pitched to companies.

Pasty
Odin Posted - 10/18/2010 : 11:23:14
quote:

Patsy:

I'm referring to the constant giving in to the province of Quebec by the Feds, no matter what party they are from or represent. The Quebec gov is asking for taxpayers to pay for the arena, I'm just saying there's a whole lot of other teams that would like theirs paid for as well.
But, that isn't going to happen for the rest. It'll be interesting to see what the outcome of this will be.

Toxxik, we are completely on the same page. Every other city has had to pay thier own way, Quebec should and HAS to do the same thing, otherwise people are going to freak. Problem is that, even if they do fund their own arena, it will STILL be with taxpayer $ since we send them billions every year in tranfers. Isn't that enough?
Odin Posted - 10/18/2010 : 10:37:17

Wow Beans, I just don't get you. You come on and attack my post saying "I need to get my facts straight," and "I need to do my homework," just because I have a differing opinion than you, comments that I truly don't appreciate, and then you get all oversensitive saying I offended you. There is a term for that, and it is call being a hypocrite.

Now, you can post all the links you like, I don't care. It has nothing to do with that and all to do with what I was essentially saying in my original post, that these two men just don't like each other and for whatever reason you took the ball and ran with it just because you don't agree with that. I don't think there is any arguement. I hope when I break it down simply for you like that, you may be able to grasp it. The Phoenix situation was over a long time ago for me.

At least you acknowledge the 4 absentees, so that doesn't make it unanimous as you previously claimed. And if you actually believe the structure of the league is black and white, well sorry, but you have to be somewhat deluded. If you don't think that there are times when they fiddle with that 'black and white,' when it suits their purpose, well what can I say?

And yes, there were legal proceedings against Balsillie, big whoop! It happens all the time. It still doesn't take away his legitimacy. Further, thats the thin ice you want to walk on when talking about some of the owners Bettman has brought on board?? And you want to talk ethics? C'mon be serious.

And you know what? Bettman doesn't have a vote. But he has tremendous influence, which actually might be even more valuable.

I only mentioned the empIoyment thing because as I said I was shocked by your response and on some days, you can be very tiresome. I would be happy to keep personal attacks to myself, only if you take your own advice.
Beans15 Posted - 10/18/2010 : 09:38:04
While we are on the topic of reading, the link below is the NHL Constitution. In this document it clearly states the requirements for ownership as well as relocation. It also discusses the responsibilities and authorities of the Commissioner at length.

http://bizofhockey.com/docs/NHLConsitution.pdf

I have also gone on record many times as to say that Gary Bettman does have a certain amount of power and that is some cases it is his 'dictator like' control over the NHL. However, if you take the time to read the NHL Constitution, you will clearly see that he has absolutely zero impact on ownership or relocation of franchises larger than a 5% sale. If the BOG decide to take his advice, fine. However, they have the sole responsibilities on relocations and ownership/membership. I would also agree completely with the opinion that Bettman does have a specific agenda and clearing does not want Jim Balsillie involved in the NHL. However, I would suggest the opinion that 4 members of 30 on the BOG does not show anything more than a small minority of teams who did not agree with the others. 26 out of 30 is still 87%, is it not???

But I digress as I do not intend on coming on here to argue opinion in this case. I am arguing fact as stated in the NHL constitution above. It has nothing to do with what I think happens behind the scenes, it's the structure and organization of the league in black and white. I am also stating facts regarding legal proceedings and actions of Jim Balsillie. I am not making any of it up and it's not my opinion that lawsuits and settlement occurred or fines were levied. What opinion you form from that is your own. Personally, my opinion is that a businessman of high ethical and moral standards is not often entangled in any type of legal action for copyright infringement nor issues with the financial reporting of their organization.

Finally, regardless of how eloquent or elaborate your last post was, it was chalked full of personal attacks that are not appreciated. If we disagree with the legal issues of RIM and what that says about Jim Balsillie, I fail to see if my employment or lack there of has an relevance. Nor does the amount of time I spend doing anything in my personal life have anything to do with the printed fact that Gary Bettman has zero voting ability on the BOG.

I did look back on my last post and recognized there were comments which may have been taken personally. If I have offended you in any way, I do apologize and I will do my best to ensure that my comments are not written in such a way to confuse the argument and my opinion of people. I would appreciate if you could kindly keep your personal opinions of me or any other person on this site to yourself as it brings nothing to the argument.
ToXXiK1 Posted - 10/18/2010 : 09:18:33
Patsy:

Odin Posted - 10/18/2010 : 08:45:41
Hey Odin, you saying I don't know what going on behind the scene's lends to the assumption that you do??

Pot calling the kettle black??

Uh, not at all beans. I'm not the one making definitive statements about the process. All I said was that Bettman had and has influence to affect the outcome. And that he has an agenda. And to argue otherwise is just plain dumb.

"And you are right. Few things do change around here. Some people will always see things objectively and others will continue to believe the conspiracy theories and rhetoric."

I hope you looked in the mirror when you typed that, pot and kettle indeed. I am not the one that comes on here telling everybody else that they are wrong just because they have a different opinion. Since this is somewhat of a subjective thread, making claims of the certain, are ridiculous.

And now I am canonizing somebody. Yes, I think you do need to read a book, much like you say I need to do homework, perhaps you may also look into getting a job, I'm guessing you don't have one since you seem to live on this site and have to comment on absolutely everything and anything. All I said was Balsillie was a legit businessman, and seeing what he has done with RIM, your drivel notwithstanding is exactly what he is. You just took the ball and ran with it because I foisted upon you the indignity of having a differing opinion. I was somewhat shocked to have to get into this pissing match with you.

I am well aware of it not being a dictatorship, thank you very much for having an amazing grasp of the obvious, but I am far from the only one who has called Bettman the little dictator, because thats how he acts, but when 4 teams don't show for the vote, something is going on.

It may be nothing, it may be something, at best it leaves questions. See? thats how its done. Nothing certain in that statement about the process.

Since you don't seem to grasp the difference between calling it as I see it and 'canonizing somebody (you do have a good sense of hyperbole),' I will keep my original assertion, you do need to read a book.

Pasty7 Posted - 10/18/2010 : 04:42:28
quote:

Can someone please inform me about the circumstances of the Nordiques not being in Que still?
I don't know what the reasons were, but, if it didn't work the first time.........

from what i understand very poor ownership had them with little to no money, and a very small and crappy rink by NHL standards

Pasty
ToXXiK1 Posted - 10/18/2010 : 03:13:58
Can someone please inform me about the circumstances of the Nordiques not being in Que still?
I don't know what the reasons were, but, if it didn't work the first time.........
Pasty7 Posted - 10/17/2010 : 21:40:37
Oh an by the way Quebec city is by far the Most Viable Market and would probably have the same kind of attendence as the Montreal Canadians, it does not fall into any geographical conflicts with any other Major sports team, it is a very wealthy city with cities like VictoriaVille and Sheerbrook very close and also extremly Rich Cities. Sheerbrook is one of the fastest growing economies in Canada. Quebec makes sense on every level except they do not have a rink! yet...

Pasty
Pasty7 Posted - 10/17/2010 : 21:24:31
quote:

The only way they move to Que is if the spineless government won't stand up to the Bloc and deny funding for the new arena. I'm sure Winipeg, Calgary, Edmonton.....etc would like a new building funded by us, the taxpayers too.
So, if no funding, I believe "Dettman" would like nothing better than another U.S. team, such as Vegas. Hamilton and Winipeg only get teams via expansion so the rest of the owners get a slice of the pie. Hamilton would also have to pay off the Leafs and Buffalo on top of expansion fees.

Why would our "spineless" Federal Government need to stand up to the Bloc? Jean Charest "Quebec's Priminister" is a member of the Liberal party. (they're the opposite of the bloc) I hated the bloc as much as anyone but lets not assume they are behind everything that you don't like about Canada.

Fat Elvis please feel free to read over my text a correct any spelling errors or any mistakes in my sentence structure.

Pasty
TheRC Posted - 10/17/2010 : 16:31:58
All three New York area teams may not thrive, but they get by. Agreed, the Islanders are in a bit of trouble, but only because they are such a bad team. A better team would draw a good crowd again.

And think, Toronto fans can't get tickets even when the team is as bad as it has been for as long as it has been. The number of other pro-sports competitors is fewer in the Toronto market (and hockey is the #1 favorite by a considerable margin, not so in NY) so another team in that market is in a better position than the three in NY anyway.

In fact, this is a good question to ask: Living in Toronto I get a few of the American networks out of Buffalo, but none of them carry the Sabres. Living closer to the border, in St. Catherines or Niagra Falls, can one get access to Sabres games on a regular basis without a digital specialty package or something like that? Are there are a large number of Sabres fans in Southern Ontario?

If there aren't Sabres broadcasts available on the Canadian side of the border between Hamilton and Buffalo, can we really even think of the area as part of the same market? Can't remember the last time I met a Canadian Sabres fan, do you exist? Will a Hamilton team steal you away from the Sabres?

I suppose this is just a lot of hot air; Balsillie is a jerk and has ruined his chances of getting a team. Still, I was in Hamilton last year when there seemed to be an outside possibility of Phoenix relocating there, and I really do think it could work.

Seeing those empty seats in Phoenix makes me sad. They may not be moving any time soon, but they should!

"If at first you don't succeed, you fail"
Beans15 Posted - 10/17/2010 : 15:46:17
quote:
Originally posted by TheRC

If there is enough support to maintain three teams between Long Island and New Jersey, Southern Ontario can support two easily, without taking much from Buffalo.

This is a huge misconception. The Rangers are the only one of the three that make money. The Islanders have not made money since Wang took over and if they don't a new building they are gone. New Jersey has also struggled financially. Partially because they bought their new building but they are not often near the top of the league in attendance. One also has to remember that the 3 teams in the NHL are competing with 6 other pro sports teams in the area.

The NFL, NBA, and MLB all have enough sense to not put three teams into the NY market because it will oversaturate the market.
Beans15 Posted - 10/17/2010 : 11:00:09
Hey Odin, you saying I don't know what going on behind the scene's lends to the assumption that you do??

Pot calling the kettle black??

All I know is that when you have 30 influential business people/organizations who assign a person to operate the league, that person does have some power. However, the owners still control the NHL. This is not a dictatorship, no matter how much the media would like you to think that. If you believe it is, you also live in a world other than the one I live in. The BOG speaks money and only money. That is true. Bettman gives them money which is also true. However, to think that Bettman has autonomy to run the NHL and make decisions as to what happens to franchises and where they are locations is really funny.

And you are right. Few things do change around here. Some people will always see things objectively and others will continue to believe the conspiracy theories and rhetoric.

Before you canonize the ever ethical Jim Balsillie you might want to research how many times RIM has been sued for copyright infringment including a $600+ million settlement in 2006 and one as recent as Jan of 2010. As lets not forget St. Jimmy being forced to resign as Chairman with his own company and pay penalties in the neighbourhood of 10's of million of dollars on issues with stock options and backdating.

And I am the one who needs to read a book????
TheRC Posted - 10/17/2010 : 09:58:55
It does not seem like the Coyotes will be moving for at least a few years yet, but I do think an HNL team in Hamilton could work. I live in Toronto and spent last year at school in Hamilton, and I can tell you that there are more than enough hockey fans in the area to support another team.

The Leafs have nothing to worry about. They sell out every game. Getting Leaf tickets is not an easy thing to do. If you don't know somebody with season tickets, your only option most nights is to buy from scalpers, and Leaf tickets are expensive enough to be out of the reach of a lot of people even before the scalper markup. I've met a number of people who say they have even given up on watching hockey because they can't afford to take their kid to see a game. This is a rant for another time, but the point I'm trying to make is that there are tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people in Toronto who want to watch the Leafs in person and can't.

I know that a vast horde of these starved Toronto fans would be happy to drive to Hamilton (30-40 minutes from downtown to downtown outside of rush hour) or even take the local commuter train (an hour long, $13 ride) if it meant they could see NHL hockey, especially at a reasonable price.

And let's not count out Hamilton itself. It is a very broke, kinda scary place, no point trying to hide that. But the city is crazy for their CFL team (coming from Toronto I didn't quite understand this) and you would certainly find a legion of fans who don't care for the Leafs (there were a surprising number of Canadiens fans in Hamilton, for some reason) and wouldn't drive to Buffalo, but who would gladly support a local team.

The arguement that Buffalo might suffer holds a bit more water, but I still don't buy it. I know people who will go to Buffalo to catch a game when Toronto plays there, but from Hamilton to the far eastern suburbs of Toronto I don't think I've ever met anybody who was a legitimate Buffalo Sabres fan. It is hard to follow a team when you don't get more than a few games a year on TV. Maybe there are a few canadian fans closer to the border, but in the event you are already a fan, a team in Hamilton wouldn't change that, would it?

But this does bring up the issue of TV ratings, and I'm sure that's where the biggest objection comes from. Would HNIC run a local blackout to show Hamilton Coyotes games in former TML territory? No matter where you draw the line, people will end up angry. The only solution I could see would be to try as hard as possible to stagger the games. If this could be done properly, I imagine ratings could be *improved* by establishing a steady stream of hockey. The Leafs play Saturday night? Have Hamilton play Friday nights or Sunday afternoons. Similar to college football on Saturdays and NFL Sundays, fans of the sport can follow both. I'd be happy to follow a second team if another team got near complete coverage on local TV. I still don't see what Buffalo has to lose from this arrangement either; unless my antenna isn't strong enough and I'm missing something, the Sabres don't get any coverage in Southern Ontario either way.

If there is enough support to maintain three teams between Long Island and New Jersey, Southern Ontario can support two easily, without taking much from Buffalo.

Odin Posted - 10/17/2010 : 09:50:52
If that's not the back door, what is??

Bankruptcy Beans, bankruptcy.

Finally, the new city that Phoenix will be playing is going to be............Phoenix!!

And you truly believe thats a good thing? Seriously???????
Odin Posted - 10/17/2010 : 09:26:52
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:

Winnepeg already has an ownership group ready to swoop in and scoop the team up, and Bettman has had nothing but good things to say about them, and is on record as saying they are a very real possibility should the lease negotiations in Phoenix fail. 4780, I'm not really sure how closely you followed the Basillie fiasco, but to me that had nothing to do with denying Canada a team, that was a pissing match between a legit businessman and a dictatorial commish.

C'mon, do your homework. If Balsillie was legit he would not have to resort to loop holes and backdoor tactics to try to get a team. If he waslegit he would be welcomed with open arms.

And it's not a dictatorial commish. It is the Board of Governor who 100% unanomously declined Balsillie.

Get the facts straight.

Naw, you're right Beans, I need to do my homework. Its not as if Blackberry isn't a legit company. Nope, not at all. Perhaps you should try reading a book.

And, no, you're right again, Bettman had nothing to do with that vote, and he is not a little Napoleonic, and he doesn't have an agenda. And yes, the decline, perhaps the dumbest move in the history of sports, I'm sure there is more than one owner that is kicking themselves right now about having to still prop up that sad sack team. By the way, it wasn't quite unanimous as you claim because not everybody voted. Perhaps you should in fact take your own advice and get your facts straight, and as I said read a book, because if you think for one moment that Bettman has no influence on the B.O.G., well you've got bigger problems. Beans, you don't know what went on behind the scenes, stop acting like you do. Some things never change around here do they?
Beans15 Posted - 10/17/2010 : 09:04:25
Well Slozo, I might have an opportunity to somewhat agree with you if:

1) The Blackberry dude did not try in both Pittsburgh and Nashville to purchase a franchise under the pretense to move it at his first opportunity and even started selling season ticket in another city for a team that was already established in a different market. He's gone one agenda and one only which is his. The NHL is smart enough to realize that each owner and market has as stake and they all work together( or at worst a majority) to make things happen. Bring in a cowboy that cares about nothing but his own interests. That’s a smart business move for a conglomerate, right???

2) The big nasty BOG allowed a very similar businessman in both wealth and reputation in Edmonton knowing there was a building conflict coming to the Oilers situation in the near future after the purchase of the team. Know to be as wealthy and passionate about hockey but also know to be on the level business wise and proven track record of working with other organizations is the difference between the two and why one of them owns a team today and the other does not.

Ultimately, those 30 guys that are completely inept but are involved in billions and billions of dollars of business know don't know their back door from a hole in the ground, right? The NHL has shown the 2nd largest growth of the 4 sports main sports in North America in the past decade in just about every category of how a professional sport is measured (ticket sales, total revenue, franchise value, etc).

Keep on with those conspiracy theories because they are always good for a laugh. If there is too much Canadian Hockey arrogance to see that Balsillie's attempts to get a team into that market you speak so highly about is as crooked as a politician, well you must live in a very different world than I do. Ultimately, no one has been able to tell me how a team in Buffalo will survive if a franchise is brought into Southern Ontario but I guess that's ok. Dump a team with decades of history for what reason again???
n/a Posted - 10/16/2010 : 11:04:27
Or put another way Beans,

A group of inept and corrupt businessmen (the BOG) and their inept and corrupt spokesman (The Count) tried to keep out a new, very rich owner who could and would upset the old crony backroom deals all these guys have going, specifically with the rich teams (Toronto, NYRangers). So, they illegally bar and do everything in their power to stop this legitimate buying of a team, prop of literally dozens of paper tigers to act as fronts of other people trying to buy the Coyotes, and manage to stiff arm the guy in the courts (in a way, not really . . . you should define what "win" means for that court case).

The corrupt old cronies got their way, kept out a rich businessman from saving a team and moving it to a more profitable area, and despite the overwhelming demand and support from the Canadian fans.

Sorry, who's back door are YOU looking at?

The Count's backdoor is so crowded, he's selling places in line there, lol . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/16/2010 : 00:49:09
Anybody know anything about this guy or the deal. Is there a restructured lease agreement. Does this guy have prior franchise credentials. Does he have ties to Glendale or Pheonix. Is the sky truly falling on the Return of the Jets. Or is this another prefered bidder by the board of governers with figurehead Bettman endorsing.
Beans15 Posted - 10/15/2010 : 14:48:44
There is nothing false about Balsillie using the back door to try to gain the team. The BOG who are such a horrible group of businessmen would not let him in so he tried to go through the US Court System. The NHL protected their investment and control of their league. I guess in some accounts the NHL's actions were completely unacceptable. How dare they have rules governing their operation and be allowed to follow those rules.

If that's not the back door, what is?? I guess some times the reality of a situation gets confused with what rabid Canadian hockey fans would like reality to be.

What's even better is this past summer, some other jerkface billionaire picked up the rights to Copps Collosseum as Balsillie's rights lapse when his attempt at picking up the Phoenix franchise fell through. So even if there is a team in Hamilton, it won't be Balsillie's unless he plans on building a new arena on his own dime!! Or maybe he could put some money in Daryl Katz's pocket???

Bohahahahaha!!!

Finally, the new city that Phoenix will be playing is going to be............Phoenix!!

NHL, Glendale, and Matthew Hulsizer (CEO of a financial company called PEAK6) are getting closer to a deal.
n/a Posted - 10/15/2010 : 09:32:48
Don't worry hockeylover, Beans is The Count's lawyer, he always comes up with this lawyer-y defence . . . "it wasn't me! I have no power! it was the BOG!"

It really is fun though to just spell out the plain facts.

The NHL borad of governors chose to stay in Phoenix, a huge drain of income for its entire existence, instead of having the team move to Hamilton under the ownership of a billionaire that would inevitably make loads of money . . . a guarantee of that for the first few years at last even, with seats already sold.

And FYI, covered extensively in another thread, the repeated lie about "back doors" and "loopholes" is patently false. If anything, it was the NHL which had to use creative lawyering and loopholes to PREVENT Balsillie from getting the Phoenix team.

Hockeylover Posted - 10/14/2010 : 18:33:45
Shut up and i did non spell it wrong it was the computer.
Beans15 Posted - 10/14/2010 : 16:44:44
quote:

Winnepeg already has an ownership group ready to swoop in and scoop the team up, and Bettman has had nothing but good things to say about them, and is on record as saying they are a very real possibility should the lease negotiations in Phoenix fail. 4780, I'm not really sure how closely you followed the Basillie fiasco, but to me that had nothing to do with denying Canada a team, that was a pissing match between a legit businessman and a dictatorial commish.

C'mon, do your homework. If Balsillie was legit he would not have to resort to loop holes and backdoor tactics to try to get a team. If he waslegit he would be welcomed with open arms.

And it's not a dictatorial commish. It is the Board of Governor who 100% unanomously declined Balsillie.

Get the facts straight.
ToXXiK1 Posted - 10/14/2010 : 10:08:16
Agreed on the pissing contest.
"Dettman" couldn't stand the fact that Ballsilie was taking the short route to ownership, throwing huge amounts of money around and having the stones to sell season tickets well prior to it be announced that he had the team.
Bad arrogance on Ballsilie's part, dumber move by Dettman to let the team go for a fraction of what he offered. I believe Ballsilie offered 300 mil, a new building and also to pay off the Leafs to let him in Hamilton and Dettman kept the team in a losing market for a whole lot less cash.
Odin Posted - 10/14/2010 : 10:01:38
Guest4780 Posted - 10/14/2010 : 09:37:05
I picked other, you have no American cities on there. No way Bettman is going to let a team move to Canada or he would have let Basillie buy the team last year.
ToXXiK1 Posted - 10/14/2010 : 06:19:41
The only way they move to Que is if the spineless government won't stand up to the Bloc and deny funding for the new arena. I'm sure Winipeg, Calgary, Edmonton.....etc would like a new building funded by us, the taxpayers too.
So, if no funding, I believe "Dettman" would like nothing better than another U.S. team, such as Vegas. Hamilton and Winipeg only get teams via expansion so the rest of the owners get a slice of the pie. Hamilton would also have to pay off the Leafs and Buffalo on top of expansion fees.
semin-rules Posted - 10/14/2010 : 06:11:27
If WHEN Winnipeg gets their NHL team
back, they will go back to the jets of course !!
n/a Posted - 10/14/2010 : 05:40:42
If they move to Quebec, it'll be the 'Chiens de Quebec'.

If they move to Winnipeg (as I voted), It'll be . . . hmm . . . .

The Winnipeg Howlers? (dog AND wind reference rolled into one)

The Winnipeg Jetdogs?

The Winnipeg Lakers?

The Winnipeg Snowdrifts?

I got nothin' this morning.

HawkinOilCountry Posted - 10/13/2010 : 22:41:56
to Inuvik....

Also, yay hockey pool time again!

The arena wall in chicago should be credited with a goal.
Alex116 Posted - 10/13/2010 : 22:10:14
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked
Spelt is spelled wrong, unless you're some sort of historical agriculturalist, in which case the use of the word is incorrect...

LOL.....awesome FER!!!

Personally, i think if they do in fact move, it'd be back to Winnipeg.
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 10/13/2010 : 20:25:18
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

1. Coyotes is spelt wrong
2. It's in the Edmonton section
3. Winnipeg :)

Spelt is spelled wrong, unless you're some sort of historical agriculturalist, in which case the use of the word is incorrect...

Here some windex for your glass house.

Sorry, I couldn't resist, if we really want to nit pick spelling and grammar, Pasty would probably stop posting!

To the question at hand, I think if Quebec City gets their new arena, the Coyotes may become Le' ..... oh, I guess it's still Coyotes, it's same word in french, sure make the marketing easier.
semin-rules Posted - 10/13/2010 : 15:26:16
1. Coyotes is spelt wrong
2. It's in the Edmonton section
3. Winnipeg :)

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page