Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 What to do with Versteeg?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
b-dizzle Posted - 10/31/2010 : 23:00:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting horribly and I don't know how much longer I can keep this guy for.

Point structure;
1 point for goals
1 point for assists
+3 points for hat trick - so 6 points for 3 goals
+1 point for SHG - one short handed goal = 2 points

Here are a list of players available in my pool.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest3386 Posted - 11/01/2010 : 11:43:26
Get on the Cally bandwagon. I have said to my friends for a while that Ryan Callahan is Mike Richards v2.0, and now he is playing like it. 11 points in 10 games, and on an absolute tear with Dubinsky and Anisimov. On 1st PP and 1st PK, and will definitely be a steal.

Pick him up.
nuxfan Posted - 11/01/2010 : 10:48:41
Horcoff does look to be starting a bounceback season for sure Beans, its good to see.

He is not on the list though, so I'm assuming that he is not available.
Beans15 Posted - 11/01/2010 : 10:42:12
Shawn Horcoff.

Getting 1st line minutes. Totally revitalized under a new coach. Has the C and is playing like one. Taken the kids under his wing and is looking really sharp. Solid Start with 8 points (4 and 4) in 9 games. He plays on the PK so there is a chance for a shortie here and there. Although I would not count on any hat tricks out of him.

He will be 60+ points this year, maybe in the low 70's.

nuxfan Posted - 11/01/2010 : 09:57:45
I didn't vote, I was waiting for the option "any of the above" to be added
Alex116 Posted - 11/01/2010 : 07:46:24
nuxfan / slozo....you guys not vote? I voted Hejduk and he's only got one vote! Thought maybe i was way off but now i see you guys mentioning him?

He's a bit older than most perhaps but he's off to a pretty good start on a team putting up a lot of goals. Selanne would be my next pick but i'd go with Hejduk myself.
n/a Posted - 11/01/2010 : 07:38:46
Very tough call. All these calls are tough, as it is hard to tell at this point with a player like Versteeg on a new team . . .

As Toxxik ointed out, he has been getting tonnes of chances, and the coaching staff has been happy with him, even though he did get demoted to the second line. This may be a good thing for him, but realistically, it should mean a slight downgrade from what we projected from Versteeg this year.

On the top line, I was thinking he might get 60 points if he clicked with Kessel - but it seems that isn't happening. On the second line, after a slow start, we could be looking at 45, with little chance of a hattrick for your extra points.

Ladd and Hejduk have had great starts, and Morrison is up there as well. I'd give the edge to either Heduk or Morrison myself . . . going with Hejduk in the end, because I think he has a higher ceiling than Morrison.

So yeah, I'd lose Versteeg, especially if you inherit points already gotten.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
ToXXiK1 Posted - 11/01/2010 : 02:36:51
Versteeg is getting, what, 2 breakaways per game??
It's just a matter of time and the bounces will go his way. That being said, I have a vested interest in Loooooooooooooch!!!!
nuxfan Posted - 11/01/2010 : 00:21:49
Take that list, print it out, put it on a dartboard, and throw a dart - pick the one you hit. Any of them will be an improvement over Versteeg.

If all are currently available, my top 3 would be Hejduk, Lucic, Williams.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page