Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Who to Drop?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest7443 Posted - 11/10/2010 : 20:48:14
Which one of these duds would you drop? They have been horrible for me this season and I'm thinking about picking up Milan Hejduk or Andrew Ladd for one of them.
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Utemin Posted - 11/17/2010 : 18:59:48
Burrows will get more PPG then Hejduk or Ladd, and likely more points keep him. He also gets PIMS.

The Monkey is me
Alex116 Posted - 11/17/2010 : 18:12:54
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

With Oshi now out for a couple months, i'd hang on to McDonald and see if his ice time increases, as well as his production. I believe he and Oshie are both centers so he should move up the depth chart with Oshie's injury?

Hope you kept Mcdonald! Including the 3 he has tonight (with a period yet to play), he's got 8 pts in his last 4 games!
irvine Posted - 11/12/2010 : 17:07:12
At this point, i'd take anyone over Kris Versteeg.

Versteeg is a fairly speedy player, with some grit and some skill. But, he's not a first line player. And, he's not offensively gifted enough to help out Kessel to the degree he needs.

To me, Versteeg is a 2nd/3rd line player. Mostly, third.

Some speed, some grit and a bit of offensive touch to help out with secondary scoring.

He's not going to provide primary scoring. Kessel is alone right now.

Irvine/prez.
Alex116 Posted - 11/12/2010 : 10:41:59
With Oshi now out for a couple months, i'd hang on to McDonald and see if his ice time increases, as well as his production. I believe he and Oshie are both centers so he should move up the depth chart with Oshie's injury?
nuxfan Posted - 11/12/2010 : 09:34:48
quote:

Versteeg's value, IMHO, went UP, not down, when he came to Toronto intially . . . instead of a third liner on a high scoring team, he was projected to go top line on a very middling - bad team

Its interesting how the same thing happened to both Versteeg and Ladd - both played together on the 3rd line in CHI last year, and both were traded to bad teams willing to give them a chance at something more than 3rd line duty. Ladd is now PPG with ATL, Versteeg is not.

Ladd actually reminds me a lot of Kesler, it'll be interesting to see how he does over the whole year in ATL.
n/a Posted - 11/12/2010 : 06:47:51
The key with projecting player points when the season has already started is this:

Don't take current mini-trends as major trends.

Burrows I would never get rid of - playing with the Sedins is all you have to say.

Versteeg's value, IMHO, went UP, not down, when he came to Toronto intially . . . instead of a third liner on a high scoring team, he was projected to go top line on a very middling - bad team. That being said, he hasn't put up the points yet for sure, although his play hasn't been terrible.

McDonald has been trending down for a while now, although with a resurgent St.Louis team he could get 25 goals again.

My choice? Drop McDonald, and pick up Hejduk. Keep Versteeg for now, but he would be the very next to go, and potentially soon if he continues to be a dud.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Oilearl Posted - 11/11/2010 : 20:23:56
Yup Burrows just has to go to the net to score points with the twins having said that I would take Ladd if it was my choice. Drop Versteeg take Ladd
Guest2962 Posted - 11/11/2010 : 18:44:27
You cant really say burrows is horrible, everyone knew he would miss the start of the season and he's gotta get into game shape. But he's got a goal and a assist 2nite and like nuxfan said he plays with the sedins so you cant go wrong
Awesome One Posted - 11/11/2010 : 16:29:41
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan
Ladd - was a defensive player in CHI - the 3rd line was the only place for him on that stacked team. But in ATL, he's getting a chance in a scoring role and succeeding. I don't think he'll finish the year at PPG, but I think he's good for 60 this year.

I don't really follow the Thrashers, and it seems that Atlanta does not either!

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
nuxfan Posted - 11/11/2010 : 16:12:14
quote:

My thoughts were that Hejduk and McDonald were fading, Ladd was more of a defensive player, and I just don't like Burrows.

Hejduk is fading, agreed - but even a fading Hejduk is good for more points than Versteeg, playing with a pretty good young offensive core in COL. He's a natural goal scorer, good for 25g/50pts year after year. He has 15 already this year.

McDonald - best years also behind him, but again, plays with a better supporting cast in STL and centres one of the top 2 lines. He's good for 15g/60pts a year, so long as he stays healthy - had 57 in a down year last year.

Ladd - was a defensive player in CHI - the 3rd line was the only place for him on that stacked team. But in ATL, he's getting a chance in a scoring role and succeeding. I don't think he'll finish the year at PPG, but I think he's good for 60 this year.

Burrows - hate him all you like, hockey pools are not popularity contests. He plays with the Sedins, nuff said.

Guest4125 Posted - 11/11/2010 : 15:10:17
drop Versteeg. with the team he's on, there is no way he's gonna get the points for you.
Awesome One Posted - 11/11/2010 : 14:56:42
quote:

quote:

Which one(s) would you say are better than Versteeg?

All of them - I'd take Burrows, McDonald, Hejduk, or Ladd over Versteeg.

My thoughts were that Hejduk and McDonald were fading, Ladd was more of a defensive player, and I just don't like Burrows.

You may be right, though.

There was once a license plate in Toronto that abbreviated "Go Leafs" it read "Golfs".
nuxfan Posted - 11/11/2010 : 14:51:18
quote:

All of them - I'd take Burrows, McDonald, Hejduk, or Ladd over Versteeg.
doublechamp7 Posted - 11/11/2010 : 13:14:49
I would drop Versteeg just because I think St. Louis and vancouver are better scoring teams
Awesome One Posted - 11/11/2010 : 12:01:38
quote:

quote:
You have a tough choice there, in my opinion I view Burrows, McDonald, Versteeg and Hejduk as about the same in the points category.

You do? I think Versteeg's value came down a ton when he left CHI - there is no way he's going to get a sniff at 50pts with TOR. He is the one that is not like the others.

As TSN points out way too many times, all he and Kessel need to have a good year is have a half decent centerman.

nuxfan Posted - 11/11/2010 : 11:58:15
quote:
You have a tough choice there, in my opinion I view Burrows, McDonald, Versteeg and Hejduk as about the same in the points category.

You do? I think Versteeg's value came down a ton when he left CHI - there is no way he's going to get a sniff at 50pts with TOR. He is the one that is not like the others.

As for Ladd, this could be that breakout year...playing the way he is now, he could get more points than any of the others above.
Awesome One Posted - 11/11/2010 : 08:20:54

Don't take Ladd, draw names out of a hat or something.

Alex116 Posted - 11/10/2010 : 23:11:18
I'd drop Versteeg for Hejduk. Colorado seems to be clicking on offense and he seems to have found chemistry with some of the youngsters there!
nuxfan Posted - 11/10/2010 : 21:47:13
Of the 3, I would drop Versteeg.

Burrows is just back from injury, and hasn't played hockey since April, so it will take a few games for him to get back into form. He will be playing on the top line with the Sedins, so he's going to get points.

Andy McDonald is struggling - again - but I think he has more upside with a young fast team like STL

Both are better options than Versteeg IMO. Who you pickup is a tossup - I picked up Ladd off my waiver wire a couple of weeks ago and have been happy, he's producing at PPG so far - but if ATL comes back down to earth, so will he. Hejduk should be able to score as well on a pretty good COL team

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page