Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Detroit or San Jose

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 05/07/2007 : 12:05:58
The Anaheim Ducks are still waiting to find out who their opponent will be in the Western Conference Final. The Detroit Red Wings need 1 win and San Jose needs to win the final two games. Who's it gonna be?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kanadian7 Posted - 05/11/2007 : 16:29:26
As expected, Detroit was just too much for San Jose to handle. I think it has almost everything to do with Lidstrom's undeniable ability to shut down anybody at will. It's unbelievable what the guy can do, and I have been talking with a few veteran individuals lately who say he is by far the best all-around defenseman that has EVER played the game. I would be interested to hear what others would say about that. For me, I never had the chance to watch Orr play.

7 game series' are all about momentum, I think that is why Detroit is such a successful playoff team. They looked down and out until 40 seconds to go in game #4. After they won the game in OT, they took every ounce of that win with them, and SJ never stood a chance from there.

willus3 Posted - 05/08/2007 : 10:24:55
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Is it just me, or do others think that Wilson made some bad coaching decisions in that game. You are down by two after the 1st period and you hardly play Joe Thorton?? Why would you not get Thorton and Marleau on the ice as much as possibe?? Why would you not put Thorton out on the 1st line PP?

The only thing that makes sense is that Thorton has an injury that no one has talked about.

Got say, I was very disappointed in SJ effort last night. They didn't look like they had a chance in hell to win.

It's too bad.

I thought they looked flustered. It reminded me of Detroit in the first game of the series.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Beans15 Posted - 05/08/2007 : 10:19:25
Is it just me, or do others think that Wilson made some bad coaching decisions in that game. You are down by two after the 1st period and you hardly play Joe Thorton?? Why would you not get Thorton and Marleau on the ice as much as possibe?? Why would you not put Thorton out on the 1st line PP?

The only thing that makes sense is that Thorton has an injury that no one has talked about.

Got say, I was very disappointed in SJ effort last night. They didn't look like they had a chance in hell to win.

It's too bad.
Blubberboy Posted - 05/08/2007 : 08:25:43
SJ is goin down
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/07/2007 : 21:16:28
Whatd I say you guys haha wings win!!!...now on to the duck...dead ducks vs. the dead things...lets see how this ends up
GO WINGSSSS

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
PainTrain Posted - 05/07/2007 : 20:33:10
I never watched the game but it seems like it would have been a dandy Babs what do you have to say about the win for the wings. And I want the Ducks to beat the Wings.
semin-rules Posted - 05/07/2007 : 20:28:51
2-0 Detriot!!!

Good game played by all but Detriot played better this series.

~~~Don't focus on where your going, focus on where you going to go~~~
D-fender6 Posted - 05/07/2007 : 20:03:32
it pains me to say this but the Red Wings are guna take it. Expessially since its 2-0 rite now. Does anybody but me really hate the Red Wings?
Mikhailova Posted - 05/07/2007 : 17:02:24
OK dude...first, I'm not a guy, second, there's this thing called copy and paste if you can't spell my name, and thrid, I WANT Detroit to win, but I just think SJ will take it. Is that a crime? And I'm not the only one who thinks the Sharks will win; babs does too.

And Marleau and Cheechoo have 3 goals each.
Guest8054 Posted - 05/07/2007 : 16:53:27
that mikahlahav or w/e guy who is member thinks sn nose is going to win, hahahahah, seriously detroit is, and also sanjose power play sucks its like 1-22 in this serious and there top players only have like one goal
tctitans Posted - 05/07/2007 : 15:46:55
This is an easy one to vote for - The Wings.

For the simple reason that these are both good teams but Detroit just has to win ONCE.
Mikhailova Posted - 05/07/2007 : 15:33:57
Sitting Ducks, Dead Ducks, Lame Ducks...whatever you wanna call 'em, but so far they've been the Mighty Ducks. I think Anaheim will defeat whoever they play in the conference final. If speed kills, Buffalo should defeat anyone who crosses their path.
Eagle_Strikes Posted - 05/07/2007 : 15:24:12
All i have to say is "Speed Kills" So long Sharks, you were tough

now the Dead Ducks

Eagle
semin-rules Posted - 05/07/2007 : 13:52:41
I think that San Jose will win tonight, but will not win in game 7.

~~~Don't focus on where your going, focus on where you going to go~~~
GOWINGS19 Posted - 05/07/2007 : 13:48:39
come on now give the wings some credit...until this point they've been trying to stay alive...and now since the wings are up in the series...its only because of "the sharks mistakes" not because the wings are a hell of a team or anything haha...i won't take anything away from the sharks they are an amazing team...nabs is an awesome goalie...and he came to perform...so we'll see what happens tonight ...but if and when the wings walkout of this series...it won't be a fluke

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
bablaboushka Posted - 05/07/2007 : 13:18:00
Nabokov bad? Nabokov has been amazing (minus the two giveaways). Did anyone see the saves he made on that Wings PP late in Game 4? This guy is doing unbelievably well, but defensemen like McLaren and Rivet are really screwing things up for him and are nullifying his work by creating endless Detroit chances. The reason that SJ lost Game 4 is ENTIRELY McLaren and Rivet's fault. I know that's a little unreasonable but their obvious and easily preventable mistakes directly created the 2nd and 3rd Detroit goals that game.
Mikhailova Posted - 05/07/2007 : 12:56:00
Detroit's been looking good (and Nabokov looking bad) lately, but I think SJ will end up winning this. They're a deeper team, great on PP, and don't float around waiting for the puck, they go and take it from the opponent.
bablaboushka Posted - 05/07/2007 : 12:51:02
SJ (obviously).

I think deep down, Marleau was just waiting for everyone to start sweating before he stepped up and made this series his to clinch. You have to know that he couldn't just sit back and be a spectator for a whole series and I think he's ready to burst. If he's not ready, then too bad he has to. He hasn't done anything, Guerin hasn't done anything (all playoffs!), Michalek hasn't done anything... This series has been all Thornton-Cheechoo-Clowe with a side of Goc's flukey goals. I seriously wish that Wilson would reuinte the Michalek-Marleau-Bernier line but it doesn't look like that will happen. Either way, Sharks are down but will win tonight as convincingly as the Wings did on Saturday.
Beans15 Posted - 05/07/2007 : 12:34:04
I really think that San Jose is on the ropes. They were the best team in the reg season after scoring the first goal and in the playoffs they are the worst. That is a sign to me that they are not all there. Not saying that they can not win back to back, but it's not going to be easy. I give this to Detroit.
willus3 Posted - 05/07/2007 : 12:10:01
I gotta go with the Dead Things.

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page