Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best Playoff Goalie

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 02/26/2008 : 15:11:14
With trade deadline 08 behind us, the analysis begins. A lot of people are saying that what seperates the good cup contenders from the great is goaltending. Who is the best playoff goalie?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Datsyuk 1 Posted - 06/02/2008 : 18:46:57
I 100% say J.S Giguere, the guy is an amazing goaltender and he is just an amazingly great playoff goaltender. Since 2002-2008 he has gotten two conn smythe trophies. He has been amazing in those two years of how he has been awarded the conn smythe trophy. He played soo good in 2002 that he won it and his team didn't even win the cup (Anaheim vs Nj Devils). We'll that is just my two cents!

>>>Wings<<< for the cup!
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 06/02/2008 : 10:03:25
I am so confused! You say he is unreliable in the playoffs.yet he can gather the wins when they really matter. If he gathers the wins when they really matter, then he isn't unreliable. And if he gathers wins when they really matter, why didn't he win game 7 last year? the game 7 game kinda matters! Turco had a great year last year and a decent year the year before! But he is definitely not a huge playoff performer!

quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

I would choose Turco as well,
although he is unreliable in the playoffs,
he always finds away to buckle down and gather the wins when they matter

~~~GO STARS~~~

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Guest6884 Posted - 06/02/2008 : 09:41:28
Chris Osgood for sure can be added to the list!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

With trade deadline 08 behind us, the analysis begins. A lot of people are saying that what seperates the good cup contenders from the great is goaltending. Who is the best playoff goalie?

semin-rules Posted - 02/27/2008 : 05:50:03
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

How could you choose Turco as the best playoff goalie and then say he is unreliable in the playoffs??? Stay in school guys

Habs get number 25 this year

Last year Turco got three shutouts in the first round,
thats pretty good if you ask me,
btut then losing after you play extremly well,
shows unreliability

~~~GO STARS~~~
Alex Posted - 02/26/2008 : 20:16:45
How could you choose Turco as the best playoff goalie and then say he is unreliable in the playoffs??? Stay in school guys

Gostarsgo12 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 19:59:05
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

~~~GO STARS~~~

Stars going all the way this year!

Go Stars
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 19:58:10
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

Turco, brodeur NO

turco has always played good in the playoffs,
last year in the first round it went to game 7?

an he got 3 shutouts so turco is my choice

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Where have you people been? Marty Turco hsn't always been good in playoffs, last year was his best year and the years before that he stunk. Brodeur wins easily giguere is close

Go Stars
Timay Posted - 02/26/2008 : 19:50:14
Marty Marty Marty. Brodeur that is.

Look at the teams last year.. Anaheim and Dallas were solid while New Jersey had depleted all their great defencemen. Although I like Luongo and know he has great things to come.. I want to see him perform in the finals or at least semi-finals before I can truly paint a picture of where he ranks. Brodeur, Jiggy, Turco then Luo.
semin-rules Posted - 02/26/2008 : 19:01:55

~~~GO STARS~~~
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 02/26/2008 : 18:29:16
Turco, brodeur NO

turco has always played good in the playoffs,
last year in the first round it went to game 7?

an he got 3 shutouts so turco is my choice

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Devils Fanatic Posted - 02/26/2008 : 15:51:46
Brodeur hands down
PuckNuts Posted - 02/26/2008 : 15:44:55
It is a hard choice. Any of the goalies that you have listed could steal a series on their own if their team is not playing well.

If I was heading into the playoffs I would like to have Brodeur in my net followed by Luongo.

I would rank them:

Brodeur
Luongo
Giguere
Turco
Nabakov...

[img]http://www.maldesigns.ca/top%2050%20since%201967%20banner.jpg[/img]
nashvillepreds Posted - 02/26/2008 : 15:36:49
I'm sorry, I haven't watched a single series where Marty hasn't been outstanding. J.S. Is great, but he doesn't ahve the history behind him, also in the playoffs, he's been over-shadowed by Bryzgalov a couple of years.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Alex Posted - 02/26/2008 : 15:17:06
I might take Luongo out if the general concensus is he doesn't deserve the spot. The 72 save performance stands out for me. But I think in recent years, the nod has to go to JS Giguere, he is the new Martin Brodeur of the playoffs. Obviously all time, Marty gets the call.

But how many people have been made in the playoffs and see the limelight the next year? Or, rather, just fall back to good but not great status.

Artus Irbe! Dwayne Roloson! A lot, a lot more. Cam Ward even, he isn't one of the top 5 goalies in the game, yet in 06 he was the undisputed number one for about a month.

No one else responds to pressure as well as JS does of late, and that is why he gets my vote. We'll see what others say

He is what seperates Anaheim from the other contenders, even including San Jose.

nashvillepreds Posted - 02/26/2008 : 15:14:15
Wow, how can you compare when Brodeur is one of the options?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page