Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Playoffs: different ball game

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 03/27/2008 : 16:45:40
Which of these teams is least likely to play the level of hockey their record suggests come playoff time, be it for better or for worse?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Antroman Posted - 03/31/2008 : 10:23:57
The East seems to be somewhat of a crap shoot for sure. The Penquins seem to be the strongest team at the moment. Too bad about Buffalo because they are fun to watch and Miller seems to be able to rise to the big occasions. It does not look good for them. I am not prepared to write the Habs off so soon as some others, especially if they can pull it together and snatch home ice advantage for the duration of their playoff games. I can't answer your question Alex because of the parity in the East this year. As far as the West goes, Calgary might be in trouble in the first round if they meet up with Anaheim as GoStars has mentioned......So I guess it might be Calgary as my choice. Sorry Flame fans.
Patchy Posted - 03/30/2008 : 20:09:19
The higher up in the standings you are, the harder it is to maintain that level of dominance, so I think it's unfair to be comparing teams like Montreal and Detriot to teams like Philly and Edmonton for example...
I said other, because I don't believe with all the bad luck with injuries and so on, that the Habs will be able to stay alive for long, I mean they lost to the LEAFS!

~~Go Leafs Go~~
irvine Posted - 03/30/2008 : 15:24:29
I'm not trying to be biased here, being a fan of the Sens... However,

I strongly believe, even with their terrible play (mainly defensively and goaltending wise,) that the Sens will pick up slack in this years playoffs.

I suspect Gerber to make the start, sadly, but then Emery will come in to take over and show another strong playoff performance. I'm by no means saying Emery is the top goaltender who will be in the playoffs, but I do believe he has what it takes to win in the playoffs.

With their scoring unit, we know they can get the job done offensively.

The thing I am iffy of, is Ottawas defense.

Irvine
Guest8815 Posted - 03/28/2008 : 15:27:30
Ya San Jose has been playing amazing hockey, but come playoffs they'll be even better. Also Detroit gonna do shat all.
Guest6916 Posted - 03/28/2008 : 15:26:42
Montreal. They just don't feel real.
Devils Fanatic Posted - 03/28/2008 : 15:15:08
Well, I suppose I can say the Devils can't get any worse than they have right now. So they would be my pick. I gave many reasons in my rant topic..

Devils fan for life
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 03/28/2008 : 14:57:08
Funny that you didnt add Montreal to that list Alex.

Gostarsgo12 Posted - 03/28/2008 : 14:50:39
Ottawa will go first round, I don't see Calgary getting past first round either because if playoffs ended today they would play Anaheim.

Go Stars
Pasty7 Posted - 03/28/2008 : 14:24:15
1 team Calgary Flames
1 player Jarome Iginla
1 result Clutch playoff performance!

Pasty
Alex Posted - 03/28/2008 : 14:06:29
The playoffs comes down to strength and clutch performance throughout your roster. Does Montreal have that? Kingwoody2 it would seem went out on a limb, but I don't know if that is true.

Koivu has said that their success as compared to their predicted results lies directly in the hands of rookie players / young talent. Who knows if that can keep up? Is Montreal a big, strong team? No, and even if they were, any team playing them knows that because they are so good, they will need to bang 'em up to win. They will be playing teams who have been hot for a while.

Do I believe on my boys? Yes, I am a Habs faithful (close to 25 percent success rate a little hard to argue with ) However, kingwoody2 makes a good point, and it is not a stretch to buy into what he said.

Take two minutes to join the PickUpHockey Cyber Cup!
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3820#51395

kingwoody2 Posted - 03/28/2008 : 06:52:27
I voted for other- Montreal. they are nowhere near as good as they have been playing. I think during playoffs its time for them to crack and get beat up by the other tougher Eastern Conference teams.
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 03/28/2008 : 05:30:33
I don't think Ottawa will do very well in the playoffs although at this point they will be playing the Devils which could be a good fit for them since Ottawa can't play defence and New Jersy can't score. I actually think San Jose will make a good run in the playoffs because of the style of hockey they play. They play very defensive hockey which is key in the playoffs. Not to mention they are winning a lot of close games showing great confidence and the ability to come up big in the clutch.
Detroit will crash and burn again this year.

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page