Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Playoff Darkhorse of 2008

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Patchy Posted - 03/29/2008 : 12:38:09
Every year, there's the team that sneaks into the playoffs and seems simply unstoppable. In 2006 the Oilers made the playoffs by a mere 3 points, and took it to the finals where they lost to Carolina. Before the lock-out Calgary snuck in and eventually lost to Tampa in the finals. My question for you is, who has the best shot this year?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Axey Posted - 05/03/2008 : 19:53:46
I jynxed the Habs ... the 2 teams I said were darkhorses we played ... my first guess I was right
Axey Posted - 04/05/2008 : 07:58:27
boston will be the dark horse and eliminate the caps .. and pasty enough with the stats ... the only stat that matters in the playoffs is the W ... unless goalies get the win then there is no discussion .. does ne1 honestly care about "oh he had an amazing GAA in the playoffs" no they want the W
bertrand19 Posted - 04/01/2008 : 14:45:59
Ovechkin will do everything in his power to get into the playoffs, so why would he stop there, Bring home the cup!

Washington wins the cup, or San Jose, im undecided
Pasty7 Posted - 03/31/2008 : 17:25:34
quote:
Originally posted by Axey

the caps dont havea mere chance ...ovie hasnt been to the playoffs b4 and huet chokes there so ... philly i can honestly say could be the darkhorse as well ... they are just slumping the last 2 months .. i cant believe im agreeing with philly fan here lol

huet chokes there? 2.3 G.AA and a .939sv% hes only played one series ,,, yeah yeah which he lost... bla bla,,, you cant say he chokes untill he actually does,,, one series come on!

Pasty
mytor4 Posted - 03/31/2008 : 15:05:20

Not that there team is a dark horse but the team that scares me the most right now are the Sharks.If they can maintain their current play throughout the playoffs i would than put them odds in favour to win it all.

57 career losses,46 shutouts and 5 vezina trophys.6 Stanley Cup rings in 8 yrs
Antroman Posted - 03/31/2008 : 14:35:35
I voted no darkhorse but after reading everyone's post I kind of agreed that Boston could be a real darkhorse in the East. The way Julien has them playing right now they are at the least going to be a real problem for someone as long as Thomas can stay hot. I do not think the Cup will be won by the East though. Montreal will most likely come out of the East but Pittsburg may have something to say about that. Tuff call for sure. I still like Anaheim in the West to repeat as Cup Champs.
Guest4803 Posted - 03/31/2008 : 11:00:57
id have to say vancouver as well. If they can play like they did last night they can take out anyone in the west.
Patchy Posted - 03/30/2008 : 20:05:42
I feel that Vancouver never performs to it's highest in the playoffs. I going to have to say the preds, if they keep a playoff spot, they will be facing the wings, don't really seem to show up when it matters. In the semis it might be San Jose, that would be something if the preds could pull that off, and from there, anything can happen!

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Guest6916 Posted - 03/30/2008 : 15:01:09
Definitely Vancouver. With Luongo in net they have a great chance. Look at the old school Canadiens with Roy.
HabsBiggestFan Posted - 03/30/2008 : 10:06:22
In my opinion I would think that Washington will be the darkhorse because they have so many good players but just cant seem to get going but IF they make the playoffs I believe they can go far. There's only one thing that could blow their playoff run is the inexperience.

Leafs are out, Montreal is in, it's all good.
Axey Posted - 03/30/2008 : 08:59:38
the caps dont havea mere chance ...ovie hasnt been to the playoffs b4 and huet chokes there so ... philly i can honestly say could be the darkhorse as well ... they are just slumping the last 2 months .. i cant believe im agreeing with philly fan here lol
PhillyFan12 Posted - 03/29/2008 : 17:45:15
I think Philly has the best shot this year for it
Guest2370 Posted - 03/29/2008 : 17:44:00
I think Philly has the best shot at it.
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 03/29/2008 : 17:11:04
The Bruins. But i also heard that Savard broke his back and that could ruin all hope.

Go Stars
mytor4 Posted - 03/29/2008 : 15:23:41
quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

Every year, there's the team that sneaks into the playoffs and seems simply unstoppable. In 2006 the Oilers made the playoffs by a mere 3 points, and took it to the finals where they lost to Carolina. Before the lock-out Calgary snuck in and eventually lost to Tampa in the finals. My question for you is, who has the best shot this year?

The Caps if they make the playoffs.If the Caps fail to make the playoffs i don't see any other teams as possibilitys as a dark horse from either side this yr.

2nd I.D DManPreds11

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page