Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Standings: biggest advantage

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 03/30/2008 : 16:26:10
Aside from the team fighting for berths, lots of teams are fighting for divisions and conference titles. What, if any, is the big advantage to ending up higher in the standings?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 03/31/2008 : 17:48:58
Ya i agree with Patch and I think the home ice advantage is huge also especially with the canadian teams because there fans are going nuts. I wonder if that really intimidates teams that much. I'll have to talk to an NHL player about that one.

Go Stars
Patchy Posted - 03/30/2008 : 20:13:29
All of these play a big factor in how well you do in the playoffs, yet sometimes having all of them, is not enough...
I believe however, that the biggest advantage is of course, getting paired with lower seeds. Because you simply have an advantage (on paper) before the series even starts, there is the possibility though, that you're paired with a team that really has had your number throughout the season, or in recent playoff history, so it can swing either way..

~~Go Leafs Go~~

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page