Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Will Mats Sundin retire as a Maple Leaf?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bertrand19 Posted - 04/01/2008 : 14:43:57
Will Mats Sundin retire as a Maple Leaf?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Antroman Posted - 04/03/2008 : 11:13:57
I listened to a lengthly interview with Matts on 640 am yesterday. He gave absolutely no concrete statements regarding his future after the end of this season. He has been steadfast that he will decide on the upcoming season sometime this summer after he has had a chance to reflect on the current season and re-evaluate his situation in regards to his health, age and what he wants to do in the future etc. He said he had always envisioned himself winning a Stanley Cup with the Maple Leafs and that after three straight seasons of missing the playoffs that it was disappointing. He said his decision would also be based upon as to which way the management of the club wanted to go and it wasn't entirely up to him. He also added that his opinion had not changed from last year and he was going to evaluate his career on a year to year basis. After this interview I concluded absolutely nothing and if anyone in the press cares to put a spin on it, I would tell them that their opinions are nothing more than pure conjecture on their part.
PainTrain Posted - 04/02/2008 : 15:40:03
If he wouldn't wave his no-trade clause to go play for a potential Stanly Cup Winning team, I think that means he wants to stay as Leaf.
n/a Posted - 04/02/2008 : 06:56:45
Just wanted to point out, that retiring a Leaf and playing one more year are not mutually exclusive.

I think they will both be true, in fact I think he may play two more years.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
ThorntonisTHEMAN Posted - 04/02/2008 : 04:58:29
I dunno, the way he was talking a few days ago it sounded like he would consider playing for another team. Lets put it this way, I don't think Sundin will take less money to play with the Leafs. THey will have to pay him market value or pretty much market value to keep him. ANd i don't think he'll retire.

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Patchy Posted - 04/01/2008 : 20:15:05
If he didn't want to get dealt this year at the deadline, I don't think he'll ever leave.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Axey Posted - 04/01/2008 : 18:37:54
Of course
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 04/01/2008 : 14:53:37
i want him to get traded next year, but i want him to get his 600th goal before he retires

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page