Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 NONIS GOT FIRED????

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Beans15 Posted - 04/14/2008 : 19:18:45
Did Dave Nonis deserve to get fired as GM of the Vancouver Canucks
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9656 Posted - 04/30/2008 : 11:06:47
quote:
Originally posted by Patchy

I think Nonis did a great job as GM of the Canucks. Vancouver had so much talent thanks to him. They didn't have their top 6 defencemen all year! Definatly not his fault for their lack of success this year. I'm not sure if it was him that got the Sedins with picks #2+3, but if it was...then wow..

~~Go Leafs Go~~

The Sedins were because of Brian Burke. Not Nonis.
Patchy Posted - 04/15/2008 : 19:31:25
I think Nonis did a great job as GM of the Canucks. Vancouver had so much talent thanks to him. They didn't have their top 6 defencemen all year! Definatly not his fault for their lack of success this year. I'm not sure if it was him that got the Sedins with picks #2+3, but if it was...then wow..

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Axey Posted - 04/15/2008 : 17:55:45
I'd just love to know how he was supposed to do good with that many injuries this year, the whole core of his defense was out, but yes he should have sealed the deal on the offense
Guest4803 Posted - 04/15/2008 : 16:20:48
Nonis had to go..when your idea of upgrading the team in the summer consists of siging miller isbister and richie somethin is wrong.
Guest4032 Posted - 04/15/2008 : 15:54:34
leafs suck
Guest4032 Posted - 04/15/2008 : 15:53:55
canucks will survive............then will win the cup in a few years
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/15/2008 : 04:37:41
This is definetely a surprise to me.

Mind you the Canucks organization is full of surprises including the trade of Bertuzzi for Luongo and most recently not making the playoffs(hehe).

lastlineofd Posted - 04/15/2008 : 03:22:20
Wonder what this means for Fabian Brunnstrum? Maybe they should've signed him first! Just a thought.
Guest4138 Posted - 04/15/2008 : 02:46:31
It would be nice to think its that easy to make your team a dual threat... perhaps u forgot that Naslund was locked to 6 mil per year or that Morrison was eating up 3.5. These threats that a lot of teams have are based off of the draft, Vancouver has been extremely weak in terms of scouting and draft picks in the past 5-10 years. Its well documented the players drafted after Canuck picks.

Luongo tanked. Absolutely s*** the bed. If they had've continued on a normal pace they would've been in. Luongo was 1-7-0 in his last eight starts, allowing 25 goals on 184 shots for a dismal save percentage of .864. I'd pull a GAA but he was pulled too many times its not that simple.

Do I think Nonis did a good job? No. Do I think its fair to fire someone based on moves prior which tied his hands? No. Do I think Naslund would be the captain next year? NO. Did Nonis deserve a chance to mold his own team? Yes.
Guest4477 Posted - 04/15/2008 : 02:30:11
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4138

Nonis' hands were tied with over 9.5 mil in salaries to Naslund and Morrison. Contracts he didn't sign. As legendary and talented Burke is, Burke's Canucks won one playoff series in 6 years. He also left a large mess to clean up. With his "going for the cup" strategy. The majority of those that know the team suggest that one more year was needed to see what Nonis could do. As Hrudey said, is it the GM's fault when a goaltender has an awful finish on a team built around goaltending? It will be scary to see what Aquilini will do next, rumours are he wants a puppet in place so that he can call the shots.

"is it the GM's fault when a goaltender has an awful finish on a team built around goaltending"

Yes, because who is the one who forced his team to stay built around goaltending...instead of making his team a dual threat, capable of bailing out the goalie once in a while, it is not Luongo's responsibility to score goals.
Guest4138 Posted - 04/15/2008 : 02:11:57
Nonis' hands were tied with over 9.5 mil in salaries to Naslund and Morrison. Contracts he didn't sign. As legendary and talented Burke is, Burke's Canucks won one playoff series in 6 years. He also left a large mess to clean up. With his "going for the cup" strategy. The majority of those that know the team suggest that one more year was needed to see what Nonis could do. As Hrudey said, is it the GM's fault when a goaltender has an awful finish on a team built around goaltending? It will be scary to see what Aquilini will do next, rumours are he wants a puppet in place so that he can call the shots.

Gostarsgo12 Posted - 04/14/2008 : 19:32:20
Sure you can talk smack about JFJ but Nonis is the worst GM i've ever seen, sure he made the Luongo trade but that was already in progress before he was hired. He doesn't relize that his team can't put the puck in the net and he had time in the summer and at trade deadlines to make deals but couldn't do them. Terrible GM, not a canucks fan but Im happy to see him go.

Go Stars
Pasty7 Posted - 04/14/2008 : 19:22:01
i'd rather see a good edmonton and a bad vancouver then the latter so,,,,,,

Pasty

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page