Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Which hockey site do you use?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 04/23/2008 : 18:07:52
Out of curiosity, which site do you use for your NHL insider?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex Posted - 04/24/2008 : 06:07:08
quote:
Originally posted by admin

Curious Alex...what do you intend to use the results for?

[GRR] Haha. Once a posting fiend, I now hate these posts where you inflate your post count, which is why I always address comments or queries made to me in the form of an ''edit'' but as you are the admin I will make an exception

First and foremost, I want people to tell me (who are more experienced, obviously) which site they use for predictions and things like that, because I would definitely sway my opinion on say, the Wings / Avs series if I saw all the TSN analysts pick them and the general concensus around here was that TSN is the most reliable, for example.

Other than that, I want to know what people like a dislike about the sites, maybe point out some nifty features or exciting parts I have never found before, and just have a place for people to get together and talk hockey (websites)!

I do concede that many people would find this slightly unneccesary, but for me personally, I happen to have a passion for hockey and its analysts / stories (when I can, I read the paper rather than watch the telly) and want to be able to discuss it with you guys

"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week."
-Herb Brooks
admin Posted - 04/23/2008 : 22:41:51
Curious Alex...what do you intend to use the results for?
1 Crosby fan Posted - 04/23/2008 : 20:50:10
NHL.Com is the place for me.

http://i15.tinypic.com/4hvjlmh
PainTrain Posted - 04/23/2008 : 20:44:15
I always go to NHL.com and TSN.ca. Out of those two you can get all you want to know.
Gostarsgo12 Posted - 04/23/2008 : 20:09:00
TSN dominates all for me mainly because I love all the sports they cover except for curling. If not TSN probably sportsnet I used to be a member on the forums over there and it was pretty good.

Go Stars!!!
Alex Posted - 04/23/2008 : 18:32:17
Overall Ranks (Websites, not TV or magazine or anything else)
TSN
Sports Illustrated
NHL
Yahoo
SportsNet
TheHockeyNews
ESPN
NBC
MSN
CBS

This season (well, playoff time last season) I really kicked my hockey passion into high gear. By now, I surf all my favourite sites and check them multiple times a day to try and get the inside scoop, the latest news, the most in-depth coverage, the best multemedia... I love my hockey!

As recently as five minutes ago I added the HockeyNews to my list of resources, simply because I love the magazine. But I checked out the website and gosh, it is a hulabaloo! Things are flying all over the place! If for no other reason, that turns me off from going back.

SportsIllustrated is quite the opposite. It is a great magazine, but its online stories simply suck! Chances are I've read everything they have to say in my friends' FaceBook status! It is a shame because they have a great lot of talented and creative writers on staff, but, like ESPN, they are a major sporting enterprise, and make their bread and butter off NFL and MLB.

I guess I should tell you that I voted for TSN. Reason being they have new stories every day, great videos to watch, cover all sorts of different angles and offer a lot of in-depth coverage.

ESPN used to be my go-to place but they have significantly cut back on their stories and content lately. NHL coverage is fifth on their priority list or something like that and it shows.

NHL.com is obviously a great place to get NHL info -- who woulda thunk? Thing is, they are too unbiased for my liking but that is the nature of the beast with any site that promotes its own cause. I do like their exclusive stories, it gives tham a nice edge, but a lot of them I don't give a hoot about, like a mini biography on Eric Nystrom as a feature story the afternoon after a game 7 and before two more!

SportsNet I guess I am a little unfair too, because I do not like the people nor the show, and therefore I do not like the site. Yet at the end of the day, baseball is their thing, and I give TSN the edge over their rivals for that reason (because TSN is NHL first).

Of the major corporations not majoring in sports, or even hockey for that matter, Yahoo! is the runaway winner, because I love what they have to offer, even if it does not take much effort (''If the playoffs started today'' and nifty, useful and clearly formatted articles like that) which the others lack. For the most part, FOX, MSN, CBS and NBC just feed off the Associated Press.

In the end, the answer is sort of three-fold. I like TSN because it is clean, neat, archived and user friendly. It has everything I need to know, plus a lot of its own original content, which I have come to enjoy! I also love the opinions they have flying around over there. They got my vote and they deserve it!

NHL.com is great for stats, schedules and technical things -- things that have already happened. However, the whole ''Crystal Ball'' thing they have there is lame, lacks opinion, and is not useful at all. The writer is incompetent and can not make a decision. For that reason, I do not go there other than for the basics.

And lastly, The Hockey News has great articles like the Top 50 Hockey Players, Annual GM Rankings and things like that. They also are great for predicitions, but as they have no archive, I can't check out their track record. The site is way too clutered to be taken seriously by a neat freak like me who as he types has no idea where his socks are!

TSN is the winner boys!

NOTE I made this poll because I intend to use the results, not to try and get attention or get a new feature poll (as I sometimes am guilty of... mea culpa, mea culpa ) All the reputable among you (and even those who got 1 out of 8 in the PickUpHockeyCyberCup) I invite you note only to vote, but more importantly to explain your choice. Please and thank-you!
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/23/2008 : 18:18:35
No doubt TSN. There is only one site that comes to mind for me.

They have strong hockey insiders and there site is clear, informative and easy to follow.

Leafsfan_94 Posted - 04/23/2008 : 18:16:08
yes i get the first post

lol

i usually use NHL.COM AND SPORTSNET.CA

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page