Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Which brand of skates do you use?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 06/29/2008 : 13:16:05
Through my 30+ years of playing hockey I've used every type of skate. I'm currently enjoying my first pair of Grafs. What brand of skate do you use? Specify the make and why you like it (assuming you do)
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
willus3 Posted - 07/03/2008 : 14:37:02
When I was a kid you had two choices. Bauer and CCM. The Tackaberry's with the rocker blades were the thing at the time.
Guest7515 Posted - 07/03/2008 : 09:27:11
back in the day I was really into the CCM Tacks, they were and are a quality skate. The last few years I've switched over to the Easton Synergy skates, which I might add were very uncomfortable for about a month until I got used to them. Funny story here actually regarding skates. Living in the southeast corner of Saskatchewan you don't always have the best skate sharpeners around.. We were in a barn of a rink one game and I desperately needed to sharpen my skates, so I throw them into the machine they have there. I take out my left skate and my whole outside edge is practically missing. I go onto the ice with them and fall face first on the ice. My whole warm up consisted of skating around getting used to the skates. During the whole game (I play midget hockey btw) I can't stop or turn to the one side. It was interesting to say the least. I played two games before I got my skates fixed.
Open_Ice Posted - 07/03/2008 : 07:58:32
Im a ccm guy... least favorite is Bauer whose skates do not fit my feet at all
Pasty7 Posted - 06/30/2008 : 05:44:31
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

I dont want to be a bandwagon jumper and go ahead and say that I enjoy RBK's the most but im afraid i do.

They are very comfortable skates with a strong turning abillity for those who skate low to the ice on sharp turns and hard breaks.

Bauer is also one of my favourites that I used for a while but recently its been RBK.

yeah i havn't ever owned a pair of RBK's but i coach sport etudcation programs and often i get sponsors to throw a new trail pair of skates or pads my way to try out,,,,, i tried one of the first sets of RBK goalie skates out,, i liked them they were a step up from my bauer's i had before,, but i only had them for 2 weeks probably 4 maybe 5 games max so i didn;t get to really break them in,,,, and leigh you're right my Grafs i had broke in by game two,, i didn;t expect it to be that quick! like i said i've only had them for the last half of my season im anxious to see how they tough it out i'm notoriously tough on my skates,,, too many toe saves i suppose!! hahaha

Pasty
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 06/30/2008 : 05:30:57
I dont want to be a bandwagon jumper and go ahead and say that I enjoy RBK's the most but im afraid i do.

They are very comfortable skates with a strong turning abillity for those who skate low to the ice on sharp turns and hard breaks.

Bauer is also one of my favourites that I used for a while but recently its been RBK.

leigh Posted - 06/29/2008 : 22:22:59
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

i'm a goalie.... I've had quite few skates mostly bauer and a couple paires of ccm,,,,, and well just like you half way through this past season i broke the bank and bought myself a pair of graf goaler elite's they are wonderfull i have never had a skate fit my foot so well i will not go back to anything but Graf now. how do you like your Grafs? the inside is really i guess pillowy is the non word that would describe them...

Grafs are hands down the best skates I've ever owned. "Pillowy" is a good description. Strong, durable, easy break in period (about 1 month)

For a while I thought I was finally losing my skating ability but it turned out that my last skates just really sucked! haha! I used to own Nike...really comfy and light but the skate itself broke down quickly and the blades were too short for the boot, really screwed me up. Then I bought my grafs and it was like getting 5 years younger again!
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 06/29/2008 : 21:30:13
RBK Pumps

Leafsfan_94

Pasty7 Posted - 06/29/2008 : 13:35:53
i'm a goalie.... I've had quite few skates mostly bauer and a couple paires of ccm,,,,, and well just like you half way through this past season i broke the bank and bought myself a pair of graf goaler elite's they are wonderfull i have never had a skate fit my foot so well i will not go back to anything but Graf now. how do you like your Grafs? the inside is really i guess pillowy is the non word that would describe them...

Pasty

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page