Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Will the Oilers make the 2009 playoffs?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest5867 Posted - 11/07/2008 : 19:34:07
Will the Edmonton Oilers make the playoffs this year?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest8437 Posted - 11/12/2008 : 06:09:52
No, and I was saying that all off season.

A handful of above average 2nd and 3rd year players doesan't get you into the western playoffs. wait another year (or 2) Oilers.
Guest5285 Posted - 11/11/2008 : 16:09:06
i dont think the oilers are in any rush to trade any goalie, it seems that one of them is also hot, and when they cool off, another one gets hot. its a farfetched and untraditional theory but it could work, garon was hot, then roli, now deslaurier is playing like a wall. in my opinion they should get rid of roloson and platoon garon and deslaurier, but i think they will continue with 3 guys
Beans15 Posted - 11/11/2008 : 15:51:47
quote:
Originally posted by Mikey Boy

the Oilers need to decide what their doing in net Garon or Roloson. If they go with Garon then lose Roloson. they don't need that payroll and i think Garon is the right choice for now. I don't think he will take them to the second round or anything but they might make the playoff with him.

Their D is solid and up front there as good as Vancouver, Calgary and St Louis.

MP

Wow, we have a genius on our hands!. What do you think the Oilers have been trying to do since the trade deadline LAST SEASON?? If someone would take Roloson off the Oilers hands, they would do it in a heartbeat. They have gone on record as stating they have been looking for move a goalie for a long, long time. But no one wants Roloson??? Who would, for a career back up goalie who is 39 years old, a UFA at the end of the year, and a Cap Hit of $3.7 million???

Guest6081 Posted - 11/11/2008 : 13:34:00
it'll be between them and colorado for last playoff i'm think colorada cuz of their top line smyth heduk and stasny
Guest4803 Posted - 11/11/2008 : 13:27:18
quote:
Originally posted by tbar

The only question I have is are they going to win the div. or is Calgary.

What about Van?
tbar Posted - 11/11/2008 : 11:54:44
They should make the playoffs no problem they have a solid squad. The only question I have is are they going to win the div. or is Calgary. And yes they need to trade Rolsten and go with 2 tenders instead of three.
Mikey Boy Posted - 11/11/2008 : 11:48:01
the Oilers need to decide what their doing in net Garon or Roloson. If they go with Garon then lose Roloson. they don't need that payroll and i think Garon is the right choice for now. I don't think he will take them to the second round or anything but they might make the playoff with him.

Their D is solid and up front there as good as Vancouver, Calgary and St Louis.

MP
Guest6732 Posted - 11/07/2008 : 20:24:53
I sure hope so...but by the way there playing now no, unless they start playing to the true potenial they have if not they will just be 5-6 points outta the playoffs again

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page