Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Where will Vincent Lecavalier play?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 01/25/2009 : 10:27:45
Which team will Vincent Lecavalier play for come the 2009 trade deadline?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4991 Posted - 02/04/2009 : 17:17:57
The Oilers will either get him or Hossa

(ADMIN EDIT - LINK REMOVED - SPAM)

Hello Guest 4991 - I'd like to kindly ask you to remove the web site link from your future posts. You are consistently adding one line posts throughout our web site in an effort to promote your site. As a web site owner yourself you must be aware that this is tremendously bad forum etiquette. We appreciate your forum contributions but if you wish to promote your site to our membership I would recommend you contact admin at pickuphockey.com and we can set you up with a reasonably priced sponsorship package. If you continue to conduct yourself in this manner we will delete your posts entirely rather than edit the link. Thank you.
irvine Posted - 02/04/2009 : 16:57:29
I don't have a lot to say on this subject,

I just can not see how the TBL, a team failing as of the past few seasons, can rid of the ONLY thing they have.

Irvine
Guest2983 Posted - 02/04/2009 : 15:13:28
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9232

Enough with the wishfull thinking weather it be Montreal or Edmonton.....TB isn't going anywhere.

Plekanec , Higgins , Subban and draft picks aren't even remotely worth Lacavalier, and neither is Horcoff & Penner......

hahahahaahahah....get over it he will be in TB for eight more years

The deal was'nt Horcoff and Penner. It was Gagner/Petry,/Horcoff/1st. Thats a pretty good offer from the Oilers side, I would take that over MTL's and im a Canadiens fan
Alex Posted - 01/31/2009 : 15:48:47
I would agree that trading Lecavalier is trading the franchise.

Realistically, is there any reason to get rid of him? No matter what they get they won't be getting a good deal. They already have a good draft pick this year, and got the number one pick last season. Lecavalier is nowhere close to old, is the captain, has won a cup in Tampa, and has shown that he wants to play out his career there.

The only reason I could see them getting rid of him is a) to unload is contract, and b) because the owners are under the impression that trades made on EA Sports actually resemble the way they are made in real life.

You trade for draft picks to GET guys like Lecavalier. Why you would trade away a top-5 forward baffles me.

''Yes we can!'' -Obama
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 01/30/2009 : 08:17:11
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4367

Either Vinny will play in toronto or atlnta
Atlanta needs a formard while
Toronto on the other hand needs fire power

I think this guy was drunk as f*** when he wrote this

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Guest5285 Posted - 01/29/2009 : 19:44:46
1) Lecavalier wants to play in tampa, why else would he sign a 11 year deal.

2) Edmontons package of 3 roster players,2 prospects, two first rounders, and 1 third rounder is exponentially better than anything montreal has offered. Vinny might pick montreal over edmonton if we had the choice, but this is a business, and he'd understand that, if he gets traded which i greatly doubt, it goes to the highest bidder which at this point are the oilers.

3) just cause habs fans applauded him doesnt mean they won over his heart. it doesnt mean anything except montreal wants him, just like the other 29 teams in the league. he never said a word about habs fans winning him over.
Guest4367 Posted - 01/28/2009 : 19:26:13
Either Vinny will play in toronto or atlnta
Atlanta needs a formard while
Toronto on the other hand needs fire power
Guest4271 Posted - 01/27/2009 : 07:49:41
He ain't going nowhere, c'mon, my deal for Heatley would be better than what Tampa's gonna get, there you go Lecavalier to Bruins for the trade I offered from Boston, lol
Guest9232 Posted - 01/26/2009 : 16:16:53
Enough with the wishfull thinking weather it be Montreal or Edmonton.....TB isn't going anywhere.

Plekanec , Higgins , Subban and draft picks aren't even remotely worth Lacavalier, and neither is Horcoff & Penner......

hahahahaahahah....get over it he will be in TB for eight more years
Porkchop73 Posted - 01/26/2009 : 15:40:04
I agree with Slozo, I do not see Lecavalier going anywhere. If the lightning get rid of Lecavalier then they might as well sell and move the franchise. Lecavalier is the franchise!
n/a Posted - 01/26/2009 : 04:51:05
I don't see Lecavalier going anywhere, I think TB is just listening to offers being put out there.

If any big names move out of TB, I see it being St. Louis, actually. But it would cost someone dearly . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Axey Posted - 01/25/2009 : 12:33:11
I think with how alot of stars were treated and they got a taste of the everyday life of a Montreal Canadien this is really beneficial to the organization, especially when signing free agents and attracting players.

The fans won over the heart of Vinny in 2 days, and it looks like even through the no pressure, hot and sunny days in TBay are great, you have to look back to when your a kid playing street hockey in Quebec and your coming down on that breakaway, who are you pretending to be? A Tampa Bay Lightning? Or a Montreal Canadien (most likely one of the legends)? Exactly.

Almost every Quebec child dreams of playing for the bleu, blanc et rouge one day and I think with how the weekend went it might have brought that out in Vinny again, but this is a business and at the end of the day nothing is set unless boths team get some kind of benefit. But, with the pending free agents in Montreal, you can't go wrong with this deal, for almost anything.

Another attration in Habland, as well, is each day around the rink you will always find a couple 'legends' just walking about talking and story telling. It's pretty special to play for a city that appreciates hockey so much, and has such a history.

Everyone has to admit, he looked right at home and he had a different sense to him then usual. Who knows?
Alex Posted - 01/25/2009 : 11:22:05
There are three sides to this deal happening.

1) Tampa Bay ownership
2) Prospective teams' ownership
3) Lecavalier's desire

I think that Tampa Bay ownership, despite their ''mum's the word'' policy, is aggressively looking for a deal that can unload Lecavalier's contract and rebuild.

How badly other teams want him remains to be seen.

Gainey vetoed a deal last year for Hossa, and couldn't cut a deal with Sundin. I think Gainey is a little idealistic, which has its ups and downs. For this particular opportunity, it plays against the Habs. However, they did put together a pretty decent package and Gainey has dropped some clues, so maybe ownership is trying to pull the ropes on this one. But Edmonton will in all likelihood be more willing to pay for Lecavalier.

As for where Lecavalier wants to play, I don't think it's much of a secret. He signed an 11 year contract, which means he likes the city. However, with the welcome he's gotten in Montreal and the obvious love he has for the city, I think Montreal might just be more appealing. Edmonton is way out of this if you ask me.

All in all, I think that it will be between Tampa and Montreal, and it will come down to if they can get a deal that both parties agree to.

''Yes we can!'' -Obama

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page