Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Ovechkin better than Crosby

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest9847 Posted - 01/31/2009 : 14:09:52
Is Ovechkin better than Crosby?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
shazariahl Posted - 04/02/2009 : 22:58:09
I think Ovechkin is the better player right now, but Crosby has more long-term potential. Mostly, this is based on their different styles. Great goal scorers are, IMO, usually a little more valuable than play makers. The trouble is that as they get older, they don't age as well. Usually they start to lose a bit of speed, a bit of power, and a bit of accuracy. This hurts a goal scorer much more than a playmaker.

I think Ovechkin will have the better seasons in his prime. I think Crosby will have a longer and fuller career. Also, Ovechkin plays a much more physical game, and that could shorten his career as well. Course, that being said, Crosby so far has been the more fragile of the two, so it is very possible that I'm dead wrong and have no idea what I'm talking about. Then again, it's all speculation at this point, so not like anyone else knows what they're talking about either. Two years ago 80% of people seemed to think Crosby was better. Now 80% seem to be favoring Ovechkin. It's all about who'se hotter right now. That's hardly the best way of judging a 12-20 year career for 2 different guys.

Guest6069 Posted - 03/02/2009 : 08:37:01
Ovechkin is the better player period. He has two of the premier highlight reel goals of all time. As for Crosby's whining, it speaks for itself. Many of the good players in the NHL have pointed him out as a whiner. That's a fact. He's a good player and maybe if he played with the same intensity as Ovechkin, the results would be different. In many cases watch how he whines and complains after he's been bodied off the puck. You never see Ovechkin do that. He gets out there and is physical with or without the puck. He's never yapping at the ref afterwards like Crosby. Crosby has an heir of being God's gift to hockey, but Ovechkin is the real deal.
Guest9918 Posted - 03/02/2009 : 08:26:36
I find it remarkable at how alot of people call Crosby a whiner (must be the people whose only ever hockey experience is sitting on the couch watching it on tv). I didn't hear too many people call Ovechkin a whiner when he took a questionable hit and went off the ice throwing his stick like you see in minor hockey. It's called being competitive. He is very competitive and in my opinion is a better all around player than Ovechkin. I do agree they play two different styles, Ovechkin is a pure goal score and Crosby is a play maker. They both play hard going to the net and are both amazing hockey players and I find it pretty childish when people start cutting either one of them up. They are both great for the game.
Guest2758 Posted - 03/01/2009 : 18:20:13
Ovechkin is 2 years older than Crosby
their ppg average is almost the same (Crosby 1.36, Ovechkin 1.26)
Crosby is an playmaker, Ovechkin is a goalscorer.
I would pick Crosby to base a team around. I would pick Ovechkin to give a lowly team a boost
Crosby is quite the whiner and Ovechkin leads the league in givaways.
Ovechkin hits alot, but is a defensive liability.
Guest9847 Posted - 02/01/2009 : 09:48:18
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9847

Crosby can suck my d***. Ovechkin is the best!!!!!!!

Don't worry. I was joking even though Ovechkin is better.
Guest6192 Posted - 01/31/2009 : 20:32:52
Ovechkin is twice the player
Guest6030 Posted - 01/31/2009 : 14:29:20
guest9847, your a loser.get the f*** otta here.

We cant compare the two, they have 2 different styles. Ovechkin is a true goal scorer, Crosby is a true passer, he sees the ice much better than ovechkin does.

Its way too early to know who is better. I would say the same for now, but even then, we cant compare them. You can compare lets say Kovalchuk with Ovechkin since they have the same style, you can compare guys like Marc Savard and Crosby since they have the same style, but you cannot compare Ovechkin to crosby, thats like comparing Apples to Oranges.

Guest9847 Posted - 01/31/2009 : 14:16:03
Crosby can suck my d***. Ovechkin is the best!!!!!!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page