Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Can the Vancouver Canucks pull it off?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 02/04/2009 : 21:31:31
With a 2-5-3 record in the last ten games, will the struggling Vancouver Canucks (now 1 point out of a playoff spot) make the 2009 playoffs?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest6850 Posted - 02/10/2009 : 17:03:48
Canucks are gonna win because Sundin is playing good now and Kesler is amazing
Guest4803 Posted - 02/10/2009 : 15:25:49
i think they have a good chance, the one team that i see falling out of contention may just be anaheim... they currently have played 4 more games then 8th place vancouver and only sit 3 pts up. Once a lot of these teams catch up in games played they could be sitting closer to 10th -13th especially in the west where the difference between 5th and 15th is 9pts.
Guest9544 Posted - 02/10/2009 : 14:57:18
not with sundin
Alex Posted - 02/09/2009 : 14:32:02
The Canucks are currently in 8th place, but the Oilers have a game in hand if I'm not mistaken. At any rate, it will likely go down to the wire. I do want them in, because right now only Calgary and Montreal look to be making the post-season.

Here's the thing though. Everyone is saying ''Sundin is going to get better, Luongo will find his pace, therefore this team will pick it up.'' To me, that's the problem. There are over 20 players on an NHL team.

When any one player become bigger than the team, you've got problems. I think the secondary scoring needs to kick it up a notch, and the defense need to tweak their game. I also think that any more big acquisitions would be too distracting and throw the team into ten different directions. A role player, i.e. shutdown forward / top six defenseman, should be what they look for before the deadline.

They can make the playoffs, and I think they will. I certainly hope so!

''Yes we can!'' -Obama
Guest9375 Posted - 02/08/2009 : 22:59:35
Mats will pick up the pace after he's played 15GP & Luongo as well. Whut, Whuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!, das rite, uh bad boi, knock em out da box, knock em out
Guest9536 Posted - 02/05/2009 : 10:23:46
If Luongo plays well down the stretch and Sundin continues to improve, I think (and hope) they'll make it in. Hopefully their rough stretch is over with the losing streak now broken. They got the bounces in November and had a great month, and the opposite in January. It'll be interesting to see if Gillis makes any deals, as I think he's said he won't move Hodgson, Scheider or Grabner, or any high picks. Ohlund is UFA after this season as well and seems to be in the rumour mill as far as moves go...

fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 02/05/2009 : 09:00:09
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9109

k seriously, why is there always a "who cares"? These are polls that are asking what people think about a certain topic or issue... who cares is in no way an answer to ANY question... its just lame and stupid!

Thanks for the input Mr. Kettle, or is it Mr. Pot..whichever.

See, as an Oilers fan, the 'who cares' option strikes a chord with me, therefore not a useless option.

Personally, I think as the late season runs at playoff spots start to tighten up, the Canucks are going to be hard pressed to keep a position in the top 8. It is too close in that conference and the question becomes are they deep enough to sustain the drive to stay there.....them, and my Oilers.

I hope the Oilers can, and for the Canucks...who cares

Just kidding and I hope that the Canucks can stay in the top 8 as it would be good to see all 3 Western Candadian teams in the playoffs.
I'll go out on a bit of a limb and say that yes, the Canucks make the post season with Colorado, Columbus and Nashville falling just short.
Guest4170 Posted - 02/05/2009 : 08:51:50
Not without making a trade. Phoenix and Columbus both have looked a lot better than Vancouver. You figure Sundin would want to come back and play with a contender. If Vancouver makes the playoffs they'll be knocked out 1st round.

(ADMIN EDIT - CONTENT REMOVED - SPAM - FINAL WARNING!)
Guest9109 Posted - 02/05/2009 : 08:15:39
k seriously, why is there always a "who cares"? These are polls that are asking what people think about a certain topic or issue... who cares is in no way an answer to ANY question... its just lame and stupid!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page