Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Will Mikka Kiprusoff Reach 50 Wins?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 02/17/2009 : 11:16:58
Will Mikka Kiprusoff of the Calgary Flames reach 50 wins this 08/09 regular season?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 02/18/2009 : 06:37:09
He's got a shot at it, and a good one. Odds are against it, what with him having to slightly increase his pace, and the stretch run usually meaning that games are that much harder to win, especially in the tight west. As we see in last night's game, with a desperate Vancouver team fighting to get in/stay in the playoff race.

I'll cheer for him to do it, but I say no. My guess is he comes up short on Brodeur's record, and finishes with 45, 46 wins.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Bozonator Posted - 02/18/2009 : 00:55:28
Either way I don't think it can be done. With the amount of games left and the amount he has to win. I just don't see it happening. But boy that save today was crazy!!!! With 25 games remaning I see him starting 22 or 23. No way he gets the needed amount for 50.
JERJ2008 Posted - 02/17/2009 : 21:59:12
Let's look at it this way. The flames have played 57 games thus far. Kipprusoff has 33 wins. So he needs to start AND win at least 17 of the next 25 games. I think he'll get to 46, maybe 47.
Guest9536 Posted - 02/17/2009 : 18:02:09
A little rest for Kipper is a good thing but they don't want to overdo it. Remember he has a history of cooling off in long spells and is notoriously slow at the beginning of the season. Assuming they lock up the div he might get 2 or 3 games less but I think 5 rests is a bit much. Don't forget that the Canucks are getting back up to speed and will challenge a little stronger so the lock is not guaranteed until much later.
Jephman Posted - 02/17/2009 : 16:56:14
It'll be damn near impossible in my opinion, because for Calgary, if they win the division they will sit at 3rd spot (Given Detroit and San Jose keep playing like they are now), so there would be no reason to play Kipper the last handful of games (Like Leigh said).

I say Kipper will finish at the low 40's, but won't play 5 games down the stretch.
Beans15 Posted - 02/17/2009 : 13:11:08
The other things to consider is if the Flames win the Division. Mike Keenan has said that he will rest Kipper if and when they lock it up. They are currently 9 points clear, and if they continue to build on that, they could take the division with 10-12 games remaining. If that happened, Kipper might be around 44ish wins.

That might limit the record as well.
leigh Posted - 02/17/2009 : 11:54:18
Well the Flames have played 56 games so far and Kipper has played 52 of them or 93%. So with 26 games remaining, if he plays the same amount he'll play 24 of them. His current winning percentage is .635 so that means if he keeps that up he'll win 16 more. That makes only 49 wins. Pretty awesome but it's not 50.

Now that I'm done geeking out...keeping up that pace is going to be pretty damn hard! I'm going to go out on a limb and say he'll tie Brodeur's single season win record at 48. But 50 is just too much, although I'd love to see it!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page