Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 stempniak for steen and colaiacovo

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
colarox Posted - 02/25/2009 : 13:20:41
who won this trade?

go thrasher go!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Antroman Posted - 04/22/2009 : 15:18:01
Yes, I agree Stempniak is soft but he is a smart player and can skate quite quickly. I still believe he is the best player of the three. Every team has it's soft players, just look at Burke's Ducks? McDonald for instance?
DangleFest89 Posted - 04/22/2009 : 15:17:46
Please tell me you didn't watch the Vancouver St. Louis series because if you say Carlos sucks and is injury prone you didn't watch any of it at all. This kid got so much talent after watching the series i'd wouldnt be surpized in this NHL if this was his FA year he get atleast 3million from a team. Steen is a role player what every teams needs he steps it up on the pk and such. sorry Toronto lost this trade by far salary and skill wise.

quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

All 3 suck... Steen (like mentioned above) is a dime a dozen NHl player. Carlo would be good if he could stay healthy for a whole season, we'll see if he can pull that off next year and Stempniak is mistake prone and seems pretty soft. I don't think he is a Burke type player and may not last long in a leafs jersey. All in all, meh.

I can't beleive Steen was a 1st rounder....

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".

Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/22/2009 : 10:34:36
All 3 suck... Steen (like mentioned above) is a dime a dozen NHl player. Carlo would be good if he could stay healthy for a whole season, we'll see if he can pull that off next year and Stempniak is mistake prone and seems pretty soft. I don't think he is a Burke type player and may not last long in a leafs jersey. All in all, meh.

I can't beleive Steen was a 1st rounder....

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Antroman Posted - 04/22/2009 : 09:31:27
Usually whoever gets the best player wins the trade so I think Stempniak is the best commodity of the three? In other words, I think Toronto received a piece of silver for two pieces of brass. (You notice I didn't say gold). The only fault I find with Stempniak is that he really needs a decent center to play with. Steen is a mere part and a dime a dozen kind of player and Carlo is forever infirmery bound. I like them both but they really are slightly more than fringe type NHL'ers. Biggest problem with Stempniak, his salary!!!!!
Thrasher Posted - 02/26/2009 : 15:01:35
What is this, all the Atlanta fans coming in on one thread? But it has to do with the Steen Coli and Stempniak trade. Blues so far have obviously gotten the better end of the deal, but Carlos will get injured soon, he is due up on the reserve. At the time, i thought toronto got the better end of the deal, but right now its looking like its all blues. Who knows what will happen, maybe Stempniak will be traded to bring in another player (Package deal for Kovalchuk and Little JK). Im hoping Toronto is the most active team at the deadline, i think they could pull off some interesting moves
Guest4901 Posted - 02/25/2009 : 16:26:16
KOVALCHUK OWNS THE LEAGUE
colarox Posted - 02/25/2009 : 13:22:12
the blues won this trade so far--both steen and stempniak have 17 points with their new teams, but carlo has 21!(and hasnt gotten injured!) stempniak isnt doing so well with the leafs, but the trade has worked well for the blues, as steen and carlo are doing great

go thrasher go!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page