Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Ovechkin and Crosby , Linemates

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MUDSLINGER Posted - 03/02/2009 : 07:54:39
All this Crosby vs Ovechkin comparison got me thinking. What if Ovechkin was traded to the Pens and played LW with Crosby, who would win the points race? Just to make it really interesting lets throw Malkin on the RW Now who's the better player ?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 03/06/2009 : 04:39:39
Taking a quick look at your hypothetical situation, I'd say Crosby's numbers would stay about the same, actually dipping if you take into account all three of their points totals should be going way up. Ovechkin's would rise marginally. Malkin's numbers would really improve the most.

But that's just hypothetically imagining chemistry and such between them, as we will obviously never know. We do know, however, the numbers when Crosby and Malkin play together - and they're not that great, considering. They're good, sort of at the level you might expect from ordinary first liners - but not the numbers that should be coming from 2 of the top three players in the league playing together. Ovechkin has already played with Malkin, and played well; and, to boot, Crosby and Ovechkin don't particularly love each other, although I'm sure this has just been played up a bit too much by the media.

End result: Ovechkin wins the scoring race by threatening Gretzky's record, he gets around 80, 85 goals and around 140 points. Malkin ends up with the points lead by a good 20 point margin with 164 and breaks the 100 assist barrier easily. And Crosby has an ordinary year, for him, gets his 100 points.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
pensfan17 Posted - 03/05/2009 : 08:58:25
If it wasn't for the draft lottery in 2004, Pittsburgh would of had Ovechkin. Also I think they would do pretty well together, Ovechkin is sick at one-timers and Crosby could easily set him up.
hanley6 Posted - 03/02/2009 : 19:14:10
Ovechkin and Crosby would not perform well together. Crosby cant stand Ovechkin, Crosby would just whine too much... Ovechkin and Malkin on the other hand can get a long as we all seem at the skills competition and would be perfect together
Beans15 Posted - 03/02/2009 : 13:17:00
quote:
Originally posted by MUDSLINGER

I realize this trade would never happen. I was just looking to throw another twisted angle to this whole Crosby/ Ovechkin thing.

I guess what I was thinking is would both players numbers increase dramatically and who would be responsible for this. would one carry the other or would they make each other better?

If the best passer and the best scorer are on the same line shouldn't their points totals be almost identical?

No, the points wouldn't be identical. Take a look at Gretzky and Kurri or Jagr and Lemieux. Most any of the great 1-2 punches in league history. Both players benefit from each other, but one is always has a higher point total, and it's usually the set up guy.

Personally, I don't think that Ovechkin and Crosby would click very well. Crosby is a brilliant playmaker no doubt, but Ovechkin is a player who creates his own chances. He is not a pure shooting sniper as is Dany Heatley for example. I think their numbers would both increase, but not significantly. However if you were to put a great sniper with Crosby, his numbers would increase more than with an Ovechkin type player.
MUDSLINGER Posted - 03/02/2009 : 10:54:42
I realize this trade would never happen. I was just looking to throw another twisted angle to this whole Crosby/ Ovechkin thing.

I guess what I was thinking is would both players numbers increase dramatically and who would be responsible for this. would one carry the other or would they make each other better?

If the best passer and the best scorer are on the same line shouldn't their points totals be almost identical?
Thrasher17 Posted - 03/02/2009 : 09:45:18
That would be quite the line. Although, Ovechkin plays LW, not that it makes much of a difference. Only problem is, that trade would never happen.

What I'm really looking forward to is next year in Vancouver. If team Russia plays Ovechkin Malkin and Kovalchuk together on one line!! That could be one of the best lines EVER!! Then add Markov and Gonchar on the point. That is complete offensive domination.

Although that probably wont happen cause they'll try to spread the wealth. Maybe on the PP?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page