Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Who wins the Northwest?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest8571 Posted - 03/28/2009 : 09:29:37
Who will win the Northwest Division in 09?
33   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest0918 Posted - 04/13/2009 : 17:01:26
I love the comment "Vancouver was lucky to win the division". There was 82 games! If they win a 7 games series in 7 you can say "lucky".
Go Hawks Go!
Guest6443 Posted - 04/12/2009 : 14:30:22
you flame fans, come on, Edmonton 5 Calgary 1 when a win would have put you back on top. Calgary, no intestinal fortitude, Chicago in 4
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Big game tonight! Flames are in Vancouver. This is for all the marbles! Flames over Canucks 5-3.

Anyone else have a prediction?

Guest2185 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 16:03:38
the canucks will prove themselves when they hoist a western conferance banner .. untill then they are nobodys
Guest4011 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 15:44:34
Haha I laugh at all the people that said the canucks are over achieving and won't get the division title.

Canucks all the way!
Guest4956 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 14:48:24
Vancouver Canucks your North West CHAMPIONS!
Guest6379 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 14:30:52
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4775

I think that Vancouver is lucky to get the #1 place in the Northwest Division. I personly think that Calgary should of had the Northwest Division from the starting of the 2008/2009 season...Calgary has a better team the the koo-koo Vancouver Canucks. they arent going to make the Plauoffs any more rather than this year. If they do, it will be lucky and they will have to play even harder than they do. The Vancouver Canucks are going to finish 3rd in the Western Cofference. This means that Vancouver has to get better than the Detroite Red Wings. Vancouver Canucks nare one of the worst teams in the whole intire NHL. Even though they have more points every year than the Toronto Maple Leafs, that doesnt mean that Toronto Maple Leafs cant win any more Stanly Cup. Vancouver does also have a pretty strong team. If I were to chose 2 teams to win the western Cofference, they would be the Calgary Flames and the Edmonton Oilers, because I dont think Vancouver would never win another Stanly Cup, but they might. Im not saying that Vancouver Canucks are the worst team in the whole intire NHL. Im saying that Vancouver Canucks have a dogs chance at the Stanly Cup. Im also saying that Vancouver always had more points than the Toronto Maple Leafs scene 2001/2002 season. With all of thsi Information that Im giving to you. What Im tring to say is that Toronto Maple Leafs won 13 Stanly Cups and the Vancouver Canucks have won no Stanly Cups. Toronto Mpale Leafs has also been in the NHL scene 1917/1918 season. Toronto has playeds more games than Vancouver has always played. Ofcourse though, Vancouver always makes the playoffs. Im not saying that Toronto Maple Leafs SUCKS or anything for all Toronto Maple Leafs like me, but Vancouver Canucks have more playoffs chances than Toronto Maple Leafs. but toronto maple leafs have more games to play and they have more of a dogs chance than vancouver canucks. VANCOUVER CANCUKS ARE ALSO A GREAT HOCKEY TEAM!!!

This doesn't even make sense. Learn to type, read what you're writing. Try spelling things properly, and don't contradict yourself. Don't talk about the Leafs, either, because they're not in the Northwest, or even the West for that matter. Note the title of the forum, "Who will win the Northwest Division in 09?". s***, I'll everything I own bet the Leafs won't even be in contention for this one.
JERJ2008 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 14:26:03
I'm sick of all of these biased, "Canucks suck!" "Flames suck!" comments. Get real you idiots, both are damn good teams, and neither of them suck. I'm also sick of everyone crying "overachievers" on the Canucks. They're a young team with something to prove, and they're working off each other to get there. They've got great chemistry right now, and these young guys like Burrows, Kesler and Raymond are NOT overachieving, they're coming into their own. These are guys who will not necessarily become HOFers, but they'll be making a name for themselves in the next 10 years.
Either one could win the Northwest, but I'm putting my money on Vancouver, just because of the current trend. Whoever said the "ups and downs" comment was right. The season has it's ups and downs, no team is going to win every game. Look at the Sharks, they were rolling over everyone, then February hit and they had a five game slide, until they figured it out. The Canucks slid while Luongo was out (not necessarily due to lack of goaltending either), and the Flames have slid this past month with their list of injuries.That said, give the season another 10 games and it's a complete toss up again.
So quit posting stupid comments, and quit yelling overachievers. And Bertuzzi does not suck, he definitely shouldn't be playing minor hockey, and is a huge asset to the Flames offense.
Guest2199 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 12:53:42
so vancouver lost luongo for a while and they sputtered, now hes back and theyre going to win the cup...if calgary lost kipper, they would have beeen toast!! lol calgary is no good...
Guest4775 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 11:40:41
I think that Vancouver is lucky to get the #1 place in the Northwest Division. I personly think that Calgary should of had the Northwest Division from the starting of the 2008/2009 season...Calgary has a better team the the koo-koo Vancouver Canucks. they arent going to make the Plauoffs any more rather than this year. If they do, it will be lucky and they will have to play even harder than they do. The Vancouver Canucks are going to finish 3rd in the Western Cofference. This means that Vancouver has to get better than the Detroite Red Wings. Vancouver Canucks nare one of the worst teams in the whole intire NHL. Even though they have more points every year than the Toronto Maple Leafs, that doesnt mean that Toronto Maple Leafs cant win any more Stanly Cup. Vancouver does also have a pretty strong team. If I were to chose 2 teams to win the western Cofference, they would be the Calgary Flames and the Edmonton Oilers, because I dont think Vancouver would never win another Stanly Cup, but they might. Im not saying that Vancouver Canucks are the worst team in the whole intire NHL. Im saying that Vancouver Canucks have a dogs chance at the Stanly Cup. Im also saying that Vancouver always had more points than the Toronto Maple Leafs scene 2001/2002 season. With all of thsi Information that Im giving to you. What Im tring to say is that Toronto Maple Leafs won 13 Stanly Cups and the Vancouver Canucks have won no Stanly Cups. Toronto Mpale Leafs has also been in the NHL scene 1917/1918 season. Toronto has playeds more games than Vancouver has always played. Ofcourse though, Vancouver always makes the playoffs. Im not saying that Toronto Maple Leafs SUCKS or anything for all Toronto Maple Leafs like me, but Vancouver Canucks have more playoffs chances than Toronto Maple Leafs. but toronto maple leafs have more games to play and they have more of a dogs chance than vancouver canucks. VANCOUVER CANCUKS ARE ALSO A GREAT HOCKEY TEAM!!!
Sensfan101 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 05:43:35
Flames because this song will give them inspiration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yS09w6lVHI
Guest4775 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 05:02:16
calgary has no chance now with that 5-1 loss
to edmonton,come on edmonton! that shows right there that calgary sucks!!!!
Guest4775 Posted - 04/11/2009 : 04:57:57
vancouver is going to win the northwest division with kelser,sundin and luongo backing them up.calgary has no chance at #1 in northwest when the cunucks have players like them. plus calgary has players like todd burtuzzi, he sucks so much he shouldn't even be in the nhl he should be playing minor hockey.
Guest4803 Posted - 04/08/2009 : 16:41:35
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4180

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

vancouver.....calgary is lucky they had enough points to ride it out into the playoffs after picking up jokinen..he is a curse when it comes to making the playoffs, flames had a 13 pt lead in the NW and that dissapeared quite fast.

This might be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. So what's your point? The Canucks were up about 10 points over the Flames back in early December and they lost their footing - were they lucky to have enough of a cushion too? That is the way the season goes - ups and downs. What matters is where they finish at the end of the season. get a clue man!

the canucks lost luongo from november - all star break pretty much, if the flames didnt have kipper during that time doubt they are in the playoffs...and ya it is about how u finish at the end of the season..hmm lets see vancouver hottest team since february and calgary? thats what i thought
n/a Posted - 04/08/2009 : 06:10:37
Well, that was quite a show by Luongo, sad that I missed it. Looking at the goalie stats, Kipper looks like he had another poor showing . . . can anyone who actually watched it give me some more insight on the game?

I'm thinking more and more that Calgary might be a first round tragedy if they play Columbus . . . or even Anaheim.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
wyntyre Posted - 04/08/2009 : 01:08:19
Yeah...no surprise...the team shows up and Bobby Lu steals it. At least Kipperseive from the weekend game against the Wild didn't show up!!!
leigh Posted - 04/07/2009 : 13:59:24
Big game tonight! Flames are in Vancouver. This is for all the marbles! Flames over Canucks 5-3.

Anyone else have a prediction?
Guest4658 Posted - 04/06/2009 : 03:15:05
Calgary...they are in a bit of better spot if you can say that

and im a canucks fan too.
Guest5665 Posted - 04/05/2009 : 20:26:10
Too bad Calgary couldn't meet Montreal in the first round somehow. At least 50% of you pests would have your mouths sealed!
Guest7648 Posted - 04/05/2009 : 03:44:18
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2249

b'ys, eat a cock! CAL will win it. all the canucks 2nd lines through to 4-liners r alllll over-achieving!reality hits when most of them will be playin first couple playoff gmaes of their lives!! playoff r a different game completely. all about match-ups then folks. sundin is a joke! sedin's r a joke! canucks franchise is a joke! GO FLAMES

Just cuz Kes and Burrows are better at overacheiving than Moss and Glencross...AND besides..at least Canucks didn't get shut-out the last few games.....
Guest7692 Posted - 04/04/2009 : 05:27:45
keenan is a joke jokinen over rated phaneuf way over rated the only good thing about them is iginla. canucks will not only take the division but they will also make it farther then the flames in the playoffs GO CANUCKS GO
Guest5625 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 19:49:52
Yup, Like I said, get the drift.. Calgary is terrible. 4 more goals against and nothing for. Cowboy hats, my ass!
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 13:49:26
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2249

b'ys, eat a cock! CAL will win it. all the canucks 2nd lines through to 4-liners r alllll over-achieving!reality hits when most of them will be playin first couple playoff gmaes of their lives!! playoff r a different game completely. all about match-ups then folks. sundin is a joke! sedin's r a joke! canucks franchise is a joke! GO FLAMES

lol

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
goleafsgosjnb Posted - 04/03/2009 : 13:22:38
Flames may have the better team on paper, but Luongo is the X-factor.
Guest4271 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 12:59:32
Flames are so overated. Hope you enjoy your four playoff games.
Guest5658 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 12:06:08
You know where the sun don't shine...That's where you can put your Flames!
Guest2249 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 09:12:03
Guest5679 Posted - 04/03/2009 : 08:01:18
Calgary is awful. Take a look at their goals against. Get the drift?
leigh Posted - 04/03/2009 : 01:18:18
Flames won tonight and the Canucks lost in the shoot out so that puts them even in points, but since the Flames have more wins they regain first in the NW. Like Blade said, it's going to come down to the game on Tuesday. My money's on the Flames (yes I am bias )
Guest4180 Posted - 04/02/2009 : 20:57:12
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4803

vancouver.....calgary is lucky they had enough points to ride it out into the playoffs after picking up jokinen..he is a curse when it comes to making the playoffs, flames had a 13 pt lead in the NW and that dissapeared quite fast.

This might be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. So what's your point? The Canucks were up about 10 points over the Flames back in early December and they lost their footing - were they lucky to have enough of a cushion too? That is the way the season goes - ups and downs. What matters is where they finish at the end of the season. get a clue man!
Guest4803 Posted - 04/02/2009 : 15:51:54
Matt_Roberts85 Posted - 04/02/2009 : 11:02:22
Colorado.......I mean, Vancouver.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
blade Posted - 04/02/2009 : 10:55:38
Definitely the Flames. They have stumbled of late but they ahven't been horrible. The Canucks are overachieving by miles. It will sputter out. THeir head to head game next week will be the decider.
Guest0104 Posted - 03/28/2009 : 15:07:39
Canucks sure sure whatever you say anybody with eyes can see it will be Minnesota

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page